Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #29
Tallboy
Say "when"...

Drives: 11 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjk_art View Post
You're just coming across as rude. I was stating I did it, because I made the calls, so to say. It's not like my friend just hit me up and offered to install some lights. I bought them, and I asked him to install them with AAC's instructions I provided him. I supervised everything done, and did in fact help during the instal..

It was my decision to do what was done, I just had my friend who is at school to become a car technician do it for me.

Being rude is not my intention, and if that is how it's being interpreted, I apologize. You're not being honest with us, and you weren't honest with the service department.

If you cannot see that, fine. Instant karma's gonna get ya.
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:59 PM   #30
tjk_art

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallboy View Post
Being rude is not my intention, and if that is how it's being interpreted, I apologize. You're not being honest with us, and you weren't honest with the service department.

If you cannot see that, fine. Instant karma's gonna get ya.
I'm being completely honest with the board. When I posted the thread showing my instal, I clearly stated I did it with the help of my friend.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94504

In fact, I told the service guy "Me and my friend installed some footwell lighting.." I'm not trying to usurp any glory by saying "I did" it. I only stated "I" in this thread because I didn't want to keep repeating "my friend did" throughout the post. Not to mention the problem is concerning me, not my friend.

If anyone is not being honest, I would suspect the service guy. He mentions on the phone "I did not know the footwell lighting was aftermarket, therefore nothing will be covered by the warranty." Strange? I wasn't aware of a non-aftermarket footwell lighting in the camaros.
tjk_art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:19 PM   #31
BaylorSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Yet another unproductive back and forth.
OP, since it was your work that caused the problem, obviously at the end of the day you are responsible for the repair. As for the cost, go to the service manager and act like e decent person and explain the situation. You'd be surprised what people will do for you when don't act like an a-hole. I'm sure if you explain that you made an appointment but were told to come back, you told the service rep the probable cause of the code which they ignored causing a delay in diagnosis, and used a day of rental in which his department didn't even look at the car. I'm IF you explain this in calm rationale manner, the service manager will cut you a break. Ask him to cover 1 day of the rental and split the diagnosis fee and I bet you get something if not everything, assuming everything played out like you explained.

I've dealt with bad service departments before and I know it can be a nightmare.

Good luck.
BaylorSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:42 AM   #32
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
You did not cause this problem.
Go back and tell them the Service Air Bag light IS covered under warranty per
service bulletin # 10-09-41-001B .
It required a fuse pull and a re-programming of the SDM module for less sensitivity on my car a few days ago.
Service air Bag light is now gone.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:25 PM   #33
3min3m2

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SIM L-99
I think a mod needs to get in here and talk about respect.

I think op should pay for fix, but not rental, if u told them u did not need one but they insisted.

Borla S type, Volant CAI.
3min3m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:04 PM   #34
WICKEDSS
Dan

Drives: THE BEAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
He said, she said...who gives two craps. If the dealer DID INDEED say the warranty would cover the rental, regardless of what they find, the car should be covered by the warranty or the dealer should eat it. Never promise the customer one thing without the contingency clause stating if the repair is found not to be a warranty item, the customer is on the hook for the rental. Without that disclaimer, based on what was said here actually went down, Judge Judy would throw that dealer under the bus.

I see it's BOTH parties fault.

I my self am i service writer and i do let the customer know gm will cover a rental car after we know what caused the problem and if they need a rental at the time then they will have to pay for the rental if it is not a coverd repair....... And on a side note when they say diag they dont mean the time i took to find the issue, Here at my dealership we have a set check out of 1.0hr and it comes out to $109.00....

And your right most service writers dont know shit......Most. Lets not get off subject and start talking about writers......
WICKEDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:58 PM   #35
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
You used the the fuse position that AAC instructed you to use? I was planning on buying a few things from AAC at C5 Fest. Got cold feet after hanging around there display and passed on buying anything from them. Although your problems were self induced, AAC has no buisiness using Air Bag circuts to power footwell lighting. That's just asking for trouble.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:31 AM   #36
tjk_art

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
You used the the fuse position that AAC instructed you to use? I was planning on buying a few things from AAC at C5 Fest. Got cold feet after hanging around there display and passed on buying anything from them. Although your problems were self induced, AAC has no buisiness using Air Bag circuts to power footwell lighting. That's just asking for trouble.
Me and my friend wired the fuse block exactly how AAC shows in there pictures. The service guy wound up telling me we pulled a fuse from up top, but that is BS. I know for a fact that the only fuse we pulled was in the bottom row of fuses.

I told him I followed their instructions by picture and I was willing to show him my picture compared to theirs to show him I had no reason to pull out the airbag fuse and leave it missing. He insisted I pulled out the airbag fuse from the top of the fuse block. But tried to counteract my argument by saying "it's ok becuase we had a spare one laying around - so we won't have to charge you for it.

Regardless of the fact I was stating I didn't pull that fuse, which would have saved me all the costs instead of a $10 fuse.

Anyways, after awhile of talking back and fourth with the service manager I got him to cut diagnostics in half, and only charge me for 1 day of car rental.

TooCool5, where might I find service bulletin # 10-09-41-001B ? Thanks
Old 08-03-2010, 12:03 PM   #37
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
If the op told the dealer that he pulled fuses to install an aftermarket product then that's the first place they should of looked. It sound to me that the op was open about what he did so I don't know why some of you are saying he wasn't. I think the only think he did wrong was to take the rental car. Although If they would have check out what he told them first then a rental car would have never been brought up. I've said at least 20 times on here and I'll say it again. I'm so grateful that I have a great chevy dealer.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:20 PM   #38
tjk_art

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
If the op told the dealer that he pulled fuses to install an aftermarket product then that's the first place they should of looked. It sound to me that the op was open about what he did so I don't know why some of you are saying he wasn't. I think the only think he did wrong was to take the rental car. Although If they would have check out what he told them first then a rental car would have never been brought up. I've said at least 20 times on here and I'll say it again. I'm so grateful that I have a great chevy dealer.
Upon talking with the service manager this is what I learned.. They have onstar employees working at the chevy dealership to look at certain problems. When certain problems arise, they required by contract with onstar to have the onstar employees run a 7 series test on the car. When the car passes each level, they can check the next level. Only once all 7 tests are complete, will the Service airbag code go away and chevy allowed to start looking at other causes.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #39
thiggin2

Drives: 05/07 Chevy's
Quote:
Upon talking with the service manager this is what I learned.. They have onstar employees working at the chevy dealership to look at certain problems. When certain problems arise, they required by contract with onstar to have the onstar employees run a 7 series test on the car. When the car passes each level, they can check the next level. Only once all 7 tests are complete, will the Service airbag code go away and chevy allowed to start looking at other causes.

WOW. I have worked for GM dealers for the last 20 years and thats the first time I have EVER heard of that. I think thats total BS.
thiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #40
Tallboy
Say "when"...

Drives: 11 2LT
Quote:

Not one single solitary word of the above post is true.
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #41
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:

Sounds like your service manager is very creative when it comes to explaining away things.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #42
cmore

Drives: 2011 Victory Red Auto 2SS
Dealer should have taken care of the issue.
cmore is offline   Reply With Quote