Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #1023
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer St. James View Post
Can I join the club, too?

After a bad motorcycle wreck in 9/09 I ballooned to 310 lbs. I visited San Francisco in March of 2011 and took alot of pictures. It looked like I was smuggling a basketball under my shirt. Plus, walking the hills just about gave me a coronary. I knew something must be done.

I gradually tapered off the junk food and stopped drinking a case of beer every Saturday. On January 4th, 2012 I weighed 290 lbs. Good, but not great. After abnormal blood glucose results I decided to ramp it up.

I swapped carbs for protein and cut my caloric intake in half of the maintenance value. I make 2 protein smoothies everyday and have a low carb 550 calorie lunch. At first I was always hungry. Now, I am used to it.

Today, I weigh 263 lbs. That equates to a total of 47 lbs I have lost in approx 1 year. My initial goal was to reach 270 but that seemed to come too easy. I'm ready for 240 now.

I did this without a lick of cardio - Strictly changing what I put into my body.
Welcome! Congrats on your weight loss, that is amazing! I bet you feel great these days huh? People dont realize how much changing what you eat change affect your weight, your energy, your moods... Kudos to you. We would love to have you around. Keep us posted. And if you ever want to kick some butt in the gym let us know. We have lots of people who could point you in the right direction.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #1024
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Wow Bonnie, you look fantastic. LOVE the flat stomach!

Badgebunny, VERY cute avatar pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Well, going out "in style" is not going to happen for me. I was looking to be in one more powerlifting event this April and then hang up my 'competition' gloves. But somewhere along the way, I have aggrevated a disc in my lower back training and when I go to lift heavy, it really lets me know it. After giving it some rest last week (no training), I was planning to deadlift this Sunday and make my final decision. If I could deadlift about 80% of my normal weights, I would probably attempt it. But after pulling 135 lbs, and the pain was so intense, I got to see all the pretty flashing stars, I needed to sit down.

It is very depressing, as I really wanted to go out by hitting a new PR in one of the three lifts. But I know it's not worth injuring myself more. I will continue to train, and train others. It just sucks, as this is something I truly enjoy doing, pushing myself and competing with my friends.
Man that sucks. I hurt my back about a year and a half ago at work (sitting in metal folding chairs for a month working in a data center of all things). Couldn't figure out what was bothering it, but finally realized it was that damn chair. Let it rest a week...hit the gym to do dead lifts and BANG, something went. A guy at the gym had to help me to the locker room. Took me 45 minutes to get dressed, ended up at the walk in clinic and could barely get out of the car. Steroids and hydrocodone and I was good as new in 2 weeks, but no more dead lifts for me. Kinda scared me to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Gah............... Dude. That REALLY does suck.

When the orthapedic doctor told me I just flat out can't lift heavy weight any more (I was only 28 years old) it was soooooo depressing.

I can't imagine being as attached to it as you for so long to come to this point.

Really sorry to hear, but, hey, you still have your great health. And your car.
They told me the same thing when I got some cortizone shot in to my left shoulder. They wanted to do surgery and take part of my collar bone out. Said I'd be out of the gym for 6 mos. I told them forget that....he said I'd be back, but I'm still kicking three years later, I'm just more careful with form.

I've changed my workout this quarter to a pyramid type structure and it's a real ass kicker and I love it. It's a lot of sets, so now I'll snap pics of my workouts rather than trying to remember it all. It'll take me a week or so to get used to the amount of weight I need to start with.

Here's Monday's workout....just and note, just like last year I'm stuck at 9% BF again LOL I need to do something to get over that hump like last year then it should start to drop pretty quick.

Here was Monday's workout:

Here's today's workout:

Here's pre workout meal:

Post Work Out:

Typical breakfast on off days: (2-3 Egg Beaters and 3 turkey bacon, 1/4 cup low fat cheddar, vitamins)

Typical lunch or Dinner:

Evening Snack:

I've cut the carbs down quite a bit to see if I can get past this 9% BF sticking point so we'll see how it goes. I haven't added in much cardio just yet. I didn't have to do that last year until I got to 7% to drop that last little bit.

Glad to see everyone still at it.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #1025
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys

First time popping on this thread - I don't know if anyone said it before (41 pages is too much to read at work at the moment ) but I found that having a calorie counter app on my phone is a huge blessing.

You can keep track of what you eat, your weight, your goal, and your exercize and it'll even calculate a good daily caloric intake for your goal - like maintaining, or whatever.

Between using that, actually measuring out what I eat (thank god for a food scale ) and working out a little in the AM I've gotten a quarter of the way to my goal
Old 04-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #1026
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
Wow Bonnie, you look fantastic. LOVE the flat stomach!

Badgebunny, VERY cute avatar pic!
Hey thanks!

Ps. I'm going to start eating at your house. That all looks yummy.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #1027
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:

Typical lunch or Dinner:

Evening Snack:

I've cut the carbs down quite a bit to see if I can get past this 9% BF sticking point so we'll see how it goes. I haven't added in much cardio just yet. I didn't have to do that last year until I got to 7% to drop that last little bit.

Glad to see everyone still at it.

Need to get you on ON Pro Complex or Monster Milk (not muscle milk), you will see a huge difference. (Quality Protein is a must) Also, jump to Skippy All Natural PB, you will love the taste a lot more.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #1028
Speedy1975
FASTER!

I was using the Pro Complex, but man that stuff got pricey when I'm going through 5lbs every couple of weeks LOL

Old 04-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #1029
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
I was using the Pro Complex, but man that stuff got pricey when I'm going through 5lbs every couple of weeks LOL
I didn't say having a "Beefcake" body was cheap!
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #1030
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Doing a 30-day boot camp with a personal trainer and group of ladies.

She's been killing us with workouts, though. Every day; so high intensity that I'm in a lot of pain the next day (hundreds of jumping jacks, sprints, lunges, etc) Can I take a day off between workouts or is this going to kill the results she's promising? I'm worried I'll do more damage to my body than good. I'm taking supplements (GNC ultra mega women's active), eating healthy (less than 1500 calories a day, high protein, less than 30g fat, cutting out Soda and sweets, etc) and drinking lean shakes. Something's gotta give; after 3 months at the gym and a diet change and no positive effects except developing a rather nice butt, I'm kind of at my wits' end so this is a last resort.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #1031
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
I didn't say having a "Beefcake" body was cheap!
You got that right, between supplements, groceries, and protein it's right up there with my other addictions hahaha.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #1032
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Doing a 30-day boot camp with a personal trainer and group of ladies.

She's been killing us with workouts, though. Every day; so high intensity that I'm in a lot of pain the next day (hundreds of jumping jacks, sprints, lunges, etc) Can I take a day off between workouts or is this going to kill the results she's promising? I'm worried I'll do more damage to my body than good. I'm taking supplements (GNC ultra mega women's active), eating healthy (less than 1500 calories a day, high protein, less than 30g fat, cutting out Soda and sweets, etc) and drinking lean shakes. Something's gotta give; after 3 months at the gym and a diet change and no positive effects except developing a rather nice butt, I'm kind of at my wits' end so this is a last resort.
You need at least one rest day during the week. Just hang in there. If you aren't loosing weight though you may want to see a doctor to see if you have a hormone or thyroid problem that could be holding you back.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #1033
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
You need at least one rest day during the week. Just hang in there. If you aren't loosing weight though you may want to see a doctor to see if you have a hormone or thyroid problem that could be holding you back.
Just had blood work done-- guess we'll see!

Old 04-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #1034
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Just had blood work done-- guess we'll see!
Good. And you expressed that you were worried about loosing weight so those would be the things they are looking for?
Old 04-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #1035
Transfusion

Drives: 1SS Summit White
lost 10 last month. You posters are my inspiration thanks. Going to lunch.

Transfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #1036
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
Good. And you expressed that you were worried about loosing weight so those would be the things they are looking for?
Yeah, I told them to please check my thyroid and whatnot.