Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 04-23-2018, 03:12 PM   #589
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
You also said

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
MSRP counts as whatever else is thrown on the vehicle that the dealership is charging you for at the time of sale. If it appears on the sticker, then it counts as "MSRP".
So what is it? Does it have to be on the window sticker or what the website says? Because the window sticker is not going to have a 1,000 cash allowance printed on it.

Here is en Edge Window sticker MSRP is 30,215.

Now, Ford is currently offering 1000 bonus cash and 1500 Ford Credit Bonus cash for 2500 cash back total. That does not change the fact that the MSRP of That car was 30,215
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Edge windowsticker.pdf (1.47 MB, 38 views)
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 05:57 PM   #590
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
MSRP is whatever the price under MSRP says. Plain and simple. Whether it is at the dealership, on the website, wherever. If I configure a vehicle and it comes out to one price, and then I go to the dealership and they threw a bunch of stuff in the car, then MSRP would be whatever it is with the stuff thrown in. Now if you tell them you don't want the extra stuff then the MSRP will be adjusted. Either way it is still MSRP. I don't understand how difficult it is to grasp this or why you're even debating it this hard. A GT350 can MSRP higher than a ZL1 based on what the price under MSRP says.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:13 PM   #591
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Ok well, no.

Manufacturer
Suggested
Retail
Price

Means that the manufacture believes the car should be sold for X then dealers can decide to sell for X + or - Y to = Z.

Z in this case would have been arrived at without any further input from the Manufacturer, therefore it would be a DSRP if anything (Dealer Stated Retail Price).
Old 04-23-2018, 07:54 PM   #592
shaffe

Quote:
MSRP is whatever the price under MSRP says. Plain and simple. Whether it is at the dealership, on the website, wherever. If I configure a vehicle and it comes out to one price, and then I go to the dealership and they threw a bunch of stuff in the car, then MSRP would be whatever it is with the stuff thrown in. Now if you tell them you don't want the extra stuff then the MSRP will be adjusted. Either way it is still MSRP. I don't understand how difficult it is to grasp this or why you're even debating it this hard. A GT350 can MSRP higher than a ZL1 based on what the price under MSRP says.
You are the one who keeps bringing the GT350 back to this. I already gave you that dealer ad ons could make the price higher.

What I am saying and what you and a few others don’t seem to understand is the MSRP Is set from the factory. MSRP is the price GM/Chevrolet believes the car should sell for as it leaves the factory. Rebates do Not change the MSRP of the vehicle. You do not seem to grasp this. When I have pointed out clear evidence of this you have chosen to ignore it or not respond to it. MSRP does not fluctuate throughout the model year. You and a few others seem to think the 1000 rebate changes the MSRP, it does not. It has changed the NET price.

All those people that scooped up Z/28 s for 20 % off doesn’t change the fact the car still had a MSRP OF 75 and change

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
Ok well, no.

Manufacturer
Suggested
Retail
Price

Means that the manufacture believes the car should be sold for X then dealers can decide to sell for X + or - Y to = Z.

Z in this case would have been arrived at without any further input from the Manufacturer, therefore it would be a DSRP if anything (Dealer Stated Retail Price).
This guy gets it
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(

Last edited by shaffe; 04-23-2018 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:17 PM   #593
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
I think the important point here that bears repeating is when the ZL1's performance and packages are taken into account, the GT350 is way overpriced. I'd say it's close to 10k more than it should be. It's more comparable to an SS 1LE. Even a regular SS will give it a run for its money. Am I reading those 1/4 mile times right? I'm seeing 12.2-12.5 / 117-119 mph for the GT350? What's the extra 70+ hp doing? Is it that heavy? Gearing?

The Shelby name means zilch if its getting its ass kicked by the competition.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:52 PM   #594
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
My brain is trying to comprehend why there would be several post debating what MSRP means...
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:28 AM   #595
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Just to end this ridiculous-ass debate I will say that the GT350 is $310 cheaper than the standard ZL1. So you can buy an optioned out GT350 non-R, or you can spend an extra $310 and get a standard ZL1 which has more options than a fully optioned Shelby. So for an extra $310 you can get a car that will blow the Shelby to Hell and back without much effort while having every creature comfort.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:38 AM   #596
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
I think the important point here that bears repeating is when the ZL1's performance and packages are taken into account, the GT350 is way overpriced. I'd say it's close to 10k more than it should be. It's more comparable to an SS 1LE. Even a regular SS will give it a run for its money. Am I reading those 1/4 mile times right? I'm seeing 12.2-12.5 / 117-119 mph for the GT350? What's the extra 70+ hp doing? Is it that heavy? Gearing?

The Shelby name means zilch if its getting its ass kicked by the competition.
Add Voodoo longevity concerns and it’s a really bad value. The R versions do make a nice static piece in a collection tho

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:16 AM   #597
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
My brain is trying to comprehend why there would be several post debating what MSRP means...
Probably the same reason there is 43 pages of people talking down about another car just to feel better about their own purchase. Small penis syndrome.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:37 AM   #598
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
bc I am as stubborn as a person you will ever meet hahaha. I recognized a few posts ago how petty this debate was lol

Quote:
Just to end this ridiculous-ass debate I will say that the GT350 is $310 cheaper than the standard ZL1. So you can buy an optioned out GT350 non-R, or you can spend an extra $310 and get a standard ZL1 which has more options than a fully optioned Shelby. So for an extra $310 you can get a car that will blow the Shelby to Hell and back without much effort while having every creature comfort.
You keep bringing this up. Yes I started that debate that really thread jacked this thread, but then agreed dealer add ons could change it. How many times do I have to tell you I stopped arguing that pages ago lol.

I had more in here continuing the debate but I'll just leave it as and get back to our regularly scheduled posting lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
Probably the same reason there is 43 pages of people talking down about another car just to feel better about their own purchase. Small penis syndrome.
LOL

Last edited by shaffe; 04-24-2018 at 08:15 AM.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:38 AM   #599
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
Or maybe people talk down about the Mustang because it's a shitty car.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:56 AM   #600
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Or maybe people talk down about the Mustang because it's a shitty car.
I suspect that most of these "Mustang" guys have never owned the S550. If they had they would understand why no one here will touch one. I was a passenger on a test drive of a 6 gen SS and knew within a minute I bought the wrong car. Sold the Mustang in a month after that.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:36 PM   #601
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
I suspect that most of these "Mustang" guys have never owned the S550. If they had they would understand why no one here will touch one. I was a passenger on a test drive of a 6 gen SS and knew within a minute I bought the wrong car. Sold the Mustang in a month after that.
I hear ya. And the thing is that they do look nice. I'm always tempted to buy one. But then I start thinking about everything you have to do with them and that snaps me right out of it. I had my 15 GT for a year and that experience is why I'm not getting another one until they're actually worth the money they cost.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:19 PM   #602
Merzoc

Drives: SS
I gotta say that I personally do like what Ford has done with the new Mustang. At first I wasn't wild about the lower-front-end of the 2018 Mustang but it sure has grown on me. The rear-tail-lights are awesome how they curve inward (look far more aggressive).

I came across a young man yesterday in a 2018 Mustang GT who complimented my 2016/17 Camaro 2SS. I told him why I love his Mustang as well! I like the idea that it has the 10-speed now and I do like the look of them in person as much as the Gen-Six Camaro's!

After seeing pictures of the Camaro refresh, I'm very glad I have my current one and didn't wait because I don't think they did it right with the new one (but who knows time will tell to see it in person).

Hopefully soon enough I can take on a 2018 Mustang at the track! I put my Camaro in stealth after I passed him (while at a red) and tried to listen to his exhaust (from the YT video's I've come across they sound just like our Six Gen SS's but a slightly different tone).

I didn't get to hear it because he was driving too slow but still nice looking in person. It's nice to get compliments (even though 99.9999999% of them are from non Camaro owners while the Camaro owners just drive on by without any friendly gestures).

PS - I might be test-driving one soon enough just to experience it, but my loyalty stays with the Camaro / Corvette / SS
Merzoc is offline   Reply With Quote