Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-05-2010, 05:44 PM   #15
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Yeah, my Corsa Cat-back clunks the tunnel brace on pot holes. I am putting the car back on the rack to finish toes, now that I have the correct bushings, and may throw a couple shims between subs and brace. the resonators seem to be hitting. Next option might be to remove resonators, but not sure how that effects system.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:22 AM   #16
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
there not the only game in town, hotchkis will be releasing theirs soon, very nice product thats going through there extensive test and evaluation procedures. i have there track pack already and love it, waiting for the rest of there soon to be released products.
urr2slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:30 AM   #17
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
We carry the Spohn line of parts on our site, there have been fitment issues on some aftermarket trailing arms that caused the arms to hit the rims when using much smaller diameter drag rims, the Spohn arms clear 100%.

Both are good, but i prefer the Spohn quality, people, and support.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:50 PM   #18
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
We have an updated trailing arm we are working on for all the guys running the 16" drag wheels.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:18 AM   #19
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Here's the thread. It has a few people that are hitting it. It does look like yours drops a little but it would be nice to have one that's purposefully dropped at least 3/4in.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61445
Right now our tunnel brace has a 3/16" drop and another 3/16" drop when used with our subframe connectors. I know 3/8" is a long way from 3/4" but as Kyle mentioned above this has been tested on our own 3" Magnaflow exhaust and there is plenty of clearance (with that kit anyways). We could easily make an offset brace if aftermarket exhausts continue to cause problems but it may be beneficial at that point to go to a gusseted plate-style brace to minimize ground clearance issues.

Everybody just keep us posted on your concerns and ideas, customer feedback is what makes these forums great!
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #20
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR guy View Post
Right now our tunnel brace has a 3/16" drop and another 3/16" drop when used with our subframe connectors. I know 3/8" is a long way from 3/4" but as Kyle mentioned above this has been tested on our own 3" Magnaflow exhaust and there is plenty of clearance (with that kit anyways). We could easily make an offset brace if aftermarket exhausts continue to cause problems but it may be beneficial at that point to go to a gusseted plate-style brace to minimize ground clearance issues.

Everybody just keep us posted on your concerns and ideas, customer feedback is what makes these forums great!
How low is your current tunnel brace? It looks like it's more than enough if you replace the current square bar with a flat piece, welded level with the bottom of the side brace. Maybe two seperate pieces spaced apart or put the waterjet to work for a cool design on a full sheet to save on weight. That would provide the needed clearance and still be more than rigid enough for the intended purpose of the brace.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:17 PM   #21
g-townmach
I FARTED

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Both are great brands.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:21 PM   #22
g-townmach
I FARTED

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
How low is your current tunnel brace? It looks like it's more than enough if you replace the current square bar with a flat piece, welded level with the bottom of the side brace. Maybe two seperate pieces spaced apart or put the waterjet to work for a cool design on a full sheet to save on weight. That would provide the needed clearance and still be more than rigid enough for the intended purpose of the brace.
You should check out the G1 tunnel brace. It's made to clear 3 inch exhausts.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:52 PM   #23
X-treme Horsepower

Drives: 2010 LSX Shootout World AM Finalist
both are great brands
give me a call i will give you a sweet deal on bmr
X-treme Horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #24
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Hi xtreme industries,

Please give consideration to our Pfadt Race Engineering suspension products if you are looking for components that are designed by motorsport and OEM engineers. All of our products undergo both physical and virtual testing, and we post our results. Please take a chance to check out our trailing arm and toe link solutions below.

Please give us a call and speak with one of us to understand the differences between the products you mentioned, and ours. We pride ourselves on reaching the customer and helping them figure out exactly where they want to take their vehicle.

Thanks!

Trailing Arm thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62693

Toe Link threads of interest:
bent link from Daytona two weekends ago: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64119
Pfadt Race Engineering Toe Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54813
Toe Link Install Write up with more info: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60640
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:57 AM   #25
xtreme industries

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Hi xtreme industries,

Please give consideration to our Pfadt Race Engineering suspension products if you are looking for components that are designed by motorsport and OEM engineers. All of our products undergo both physical and virtual testing, and we post our results. Please take a chance to check out our trailing arm and toe link solutions below.

Please give us a call and speak with one of us to understand the differences between the products you mentioned, and ours. We pride ourselves on reaching the customer and helping them figure out exactly where they want to take their vehicle.

Thanks!

Trailing Arm thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62693

Toe Link threads of interest:
bent link from Daytona two weekends ago: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64119
Pfadt Race Engineering Toe Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54813
Toe Link Install Write up with more info: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60640
i do like your products but i know nothing about welding for the toe rod. i just want something that is reasonably priced, better then OEM, and i can bolt in with minimal to no special tools. your products are phenominal and look good also but for a street car that may see the track 2 times a year, i dont need top of the line. i am sure i will be buying some of your products in the future though.
xtreme industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:29 PM   #26
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
The biggest concerns that I have seen on trailing arms for the Camaro are 3 fold:
1. There are 2 trailing arm bushings per side. You are only replacing 1
2. The strength of the trailing arms are stronger than OE, but to be honest, there is no need to have a tubular arm. The issue is in the bushings, and not the strength of the arm.
3. We are seeing noise complaints on some of the link arms being replaced.

but the biggest concern is in fact the lack of control the trailing arms will give you because they are not replacing the outside bushing, which is the same bushing as the inside bushing that comes with the upgraded trailing arms.

The advantage is they look really great.

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #27
xtreme industries

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt RS
i was under the impression that the trailing arms came with both bushings. am i mistaken?

BMR - can you clarify?
xtreme industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:34 PM   #28
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme industries View Post
i was under the impression that the trailing arms came with both bushings. am i mistaken?

BMR - can you clarify?
I can verify that they do not. We had a issue that Livernois and us resolved at PRI that confirmed they do not replace the bushing in the knuckle assembly. Which is by the way, the same bushing that is in the inside. Or at least our Pedders bushing is exactly the same. It is also pretty easy to remove. But you will get a hole lot more control replacing all 4 OE bushings for the trailing arms than just the arm itself and leaving the outside bushing OE.

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote