Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #43
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Quote:
Originally Posted by big papa View Post
True or not??? If you just stick in the HID kit but no projector, you are gonna be that guy that blasts white light all over the place blinding everyone?? No cut off?

Only if you get a cheap set that is not aligned correctly.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #44
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
Correct. Apperantly lscamsro thinks he is the only one on the road. DDM sells cheap Chinese kits. Anytime you don't have a projector you are blinding others on the road. I don't care what you say. You cheaper out. Look on here. AAC sucks. Everyone knows it. Get quality stuff and don't worry about it. If you wanna cheap out and throw a glare kit in cool. You will blend in with the ricers. For 270 and an hour of your time you can have Infiniti quality headlights. I don't see why you would rather decrease your headlight output just to say you have HIDs. Blinding headlights isn't cool anymore. You need the nice cutoff.
So many things wrong with this post. Maybe you should do some reading or a little investigation. My guess is your very young and inexperienced.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:09 PM   #45
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
Wow that place will get taken to the cleaners..... just tell them the lights quit working and they send you a new set. lol They must be new to business with the public.

Now just try that.
On the other hand every single person I've seen on this forum and others can't stop raving about TRS. I doubt they'll go anywhere anytime soon.

If you treat people fairly and give great service you reap the rewards of those people marketing your business for you. It's not like they giving people free kits and I'm sure if someone tries to file many bogus warranty claims they red flag it.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #46
Support@OracleLights.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Our HID kits do offer a lifetime warranty and also have accurate bulb geometry which means that the light will be focused on the road just like your factory bulbs so you do not have to worry about blinding oncoming drivers.
Support@OracleLights.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #47
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
So many things wrong with this post. Maybe you should do some reading or a little investigation. My guess is your very young and inexperienced.
What exactly is wrong with that post?? I'm dying to hear what you think you know.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #48
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Wow that place will get taken to the cleaners..... just tell them the lights quit working and they send you a new set. lol They must be new to business with the public.

Now just try that.
No, they've been around for awhile. They also get rave reviews week after week. They simply ask for you to cut connections to the part you state is broken and send them a picture of it. It works fairly well. Having been through a warranty exchange with them already, I can tell you I'd much rather do what they ask than ship everything back and wait to get it "checked". As soon as they get the pic, a new piece is sent in the mail the same day.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #49
vtelvr

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
OK, so I have placed my order at TRS for my headlight retrofit kit, and will be ordering my fog light kit in the next few days. Here is what was recommended to me, and what I bought.

Headlight kit:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=227

Fog light kit:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...ducts_id=20832

This info is for those of you who have these same questions, and hopefully this will serve as a small guide for any newcomers, so they don't get blasted out as bad as some have.
vtelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #50
lscamaro

I would be careful with the fog light kit, I heard a few members have had melted housings because of running HID fogs.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #51
One Sick Camaro
That Cam though...

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS 02 T/A WS6 15 SSV
my housing didn't melt yet. need a 25 watt ballast
Old 10-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #52
Support@OracleLights.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
I would be hesitant to install HIDs into your fog lights because this could happen:

You could always go with LED bulbs

Support@OracleLights.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #53
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
What exactly is wrong with that post?? I'm dying to hear what you think you know.
Amazing you ask after saying you don't care what anyone says. That means you "think" you know everything. Which also means you quit learning anything.

You are just plain wrong about HIDs compared to projectors. To lump all of either into one group is wrong also. Not all lights are made the same in either projectors or straight HIDs.

Now, as I suggested, read up if you want to learn what has come along since you decided you knew everything.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #54
vtelvr

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan@AACstyle.com View Post
I would be hesitant to install HIDs into your fog lights because this could happen:

You could always go with LED bulbs

I have also read about the AAC/Oracle lights that have almost burned up our cars too. So, looks as if I am damned if I do, and damned if I don't.

That said...Have you guys addressed the quality issue with the fog light bulbs that are offered for sale?
vtelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #55
CamaroBlue

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro SS
Then I was turned on to the HID projectors. WOW....major difference in light quality. Even with the lights on during the day they were much better for on coming traffic. However, I eventually got a harness that killed my DRL which I would recommend you doing.

I have that same problem. Where did you get your harness?
CamaroBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #56
lscamaro

You could probably ask 2SSRS to make you one. I had discussed it with him before.