Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-05-2016, 05:22 PM   #1
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
JDP Motorsports | 1st Place In Modern Muscle at the Hotchkis Cup In Fontana|

The JDP Motorsports crew headed to Southern California for Round 3 of the NMCA West Hotchkis Autocross in our 2016 Camaro SS. We went into the 3rd round event with a 6 point lead for the season points optimistic to come out with a win in Modern Muscle on Saturday and Sunday. We ended up taking 2nd in Modern Muscle to Greg Nelson’s 2014 Z/28 Camaro on Saturday. We wanted to come out strong on Sunday and we were able to take 1st over Greg Nelson.

We were also focused on the big picture which is the Hotchkis Cup and that always plays into our strategy. There are 4 Hotchkis cups that are awarded throughout the year, one at each event. It is important to be clean and not hit cones but that also means you have to be more conservative. This award is available to all of the classes including modern muscle, classic muscle, sports car and compact. We were runner up at Round 2 for the Cup and we were confident we had a shot at it for Round 3. JDP Motorsports President, Jordan Priestley, drove more aggressive than usual with the stiff competition brought on by the SoCal Camaro5 Race Team which cause him to hit a few more cones than usual. That resulted in a 4 place finish for the overall Round 3 Cup.

There is a fifth Ultimate Hotchkis Cup that is awarded in October to one lucky competitor who has accumulated enough points throughout the year to be crowned Ultimate Champion. The JDP team headed into the 3rd Round with a 6 point lead over 2nd place Greg Nelson. Greg had a strong run at Round 3 and gained 2 points on Jordan Priestley for the overall season standings. Jordan still remains in first place over Greg in his 2014 Camaro Z/28 with a 4 point lead heading into round 4 October 15th-16th.

The JDP 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS Development car did great and the Detroit Speed JRi Shocks worked flawlessly! We also tested a few FORGELINE wheel combo's with a 315 Square and a 315 F 335 R BFGoodrich Tires Rival S combo. Thank you to JJ Furillo from Ultimate Performance for your continued support along with all of our GREAT partners! We could do what we do without your support and the support of our awesome customers!!

Best regards,

Kayla L.
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:27 PM   #2
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
Congrats on your accomplishment. I went to you guys for a suspension set up on my 5th gen and I would love to do it again on my 6th gen when I'm ready.
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 02:26 PM   #3
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyscorpion951 View Post
Congrats on your accomplishment. I went to you guys for a suspension set up on my 5th gen and I would love to do it again on my 6th gen when I'm ready.
Thanks for the kind words!! Yes let us know when your ready and we will get something put together for you .

Best regards,

Kayla L.
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 02:30 PM   #4
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Congrats and good luck in the next round.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hotchkis cup, jdp racing, racing, winning