Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #15
GTPprix
I hack cars.

Drives: Lots ;)
We can program them correctly for your vehicle and set them up so you dont lock the odometer as well from putting in a non vin matched cluster.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:28 AM   #16
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPprix View Post
We can program them correctly for your vehicle and set them up so you dont lock the odometer as well from putting in a non vin matched cluster.
The issue isn't it being a non-VIN matched cluster, it's that the cluster has to be programmed to the car within 5 miles of it being installed.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #17
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
The issue isn't it being a non-VIN matched cluster, it's that the cluster has to be programmed to the car within 5 miles of it being installed.
True and not true, at least to my knowledge... When I took my car to the dealer ( when I still owned it ) they tried to program the cluster for over an hour.. next thing I know, my cluster was locked out..( due to driving the car ) second attempt, ( new cluster ) installed by the dealer and car was not driven... still could not be programmed... ended up locking up the second cluster as well.... After about an hour of the dealer being on the phone, I was told it could not be done due to the vin numbers not matching... I'm sure there is a way this can be done but its not as easy as just letting the dealer install it and it being programmed.. The dealer ended up refunding me my money...
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #18
GTPprix
I hack cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1106 View Post
True and not true, at least to my knowledge... When I took my car to the dealer ( when I still owned it ) they tried to program the cluster for over an hour.. next thing I know, my cluster was locked out..( due to driving the car ) second attempt, ( new cluster ) installed by the dealer and car was not driven... still could not be programmed... ended up locking up the second cluster as well.... After about an hour of the dealer being on the phone, I was told it could not be done due to the vin numbers not matching... I'm sure there is a way this can be done but its not as easy as just letting the dealer install it and it being programmed.. The dealer ended up refunding me my money...
Yup either scenario will lock them the big one being the vin in most cases. Either way we've got this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 06-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #19
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPprix View Post
Yup either scenario will lock them the big one being the vin in most cases. Either way we've got this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Very glad to hear... Would love to see one working... Even though I don't need one now that I sold my SS and bought a zl1....
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #20
GTPprix
I hack cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1106 View Post
Very glad to hear... Would love to see one working... Even though I don't need one now that I sold my SS and bought a zl1....
Now THAT is one way to get a ZL1 cluster LOL
Old 06-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #21
blacklt1vert
SinisterCamaroSSZ28

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
GTPprix you have a pm
blacklt1vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:46 AM   #22
octane

Drives: 2010 black lingenfelter
GTPprix need contact information I just learned this as I locked my cluster and need help
[/SIGPIC]600 hp lingenfelter TVS 2300 package pedders springs adjustable struts sways all bushings brake hose kit cold air fuel pump boost twindisc clutch 1400hp axles 3.70 gear borla cat back badging coil covers floor mats lpe pedals 20"forgelines nitto,s, idealg master, clutch res,,lethal racing cam package with oil pump pushrods timing chain ,meth kit ,zl1 pump ,kooks 1 7/8 high flow Kats , ridetech rear coilovers ,air fuel gauge, fuel pressure gauge , shift light ,way cool awsome set up love it!
octane is offline   Reply With Quote