Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #29
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Ram2500Hemi View Post
If the bid for a 2LT starts at $100K, what does my 2SS/RS start at?

This sucks for people that really wanted a color that is no longer. It also makes me really glad I got mine when I did.
$100,001.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:12 PM   #30
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 View Post
for you.. for us that have those colors
Until/unless your car is in an accident, is totaled, and now you can get a new one but it won't be in your preferred color... unless you want to spend an extra grand or more getting the whole thing repainted at a paint shop. Me, I'd trade them still having ABM available and fully half the cars on the street being ABM, than risking that unhappy possibility happening.

I got my favorite, ABM, but my runner-ups (and the only colors I really considered besides it) are gone with the demise of IBM and CGM. It does stink. Can it really be that inefficient for them to keep colors other than the most popular ones: black, reds, and yellow?
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:14 PM   #31
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post
Until/unless your car is in an accident, is totaled, and now you can get a new one but it won't be in your preferred color... unless you want to spend an extra grand or more getting the whole thing repainted at a paint shop. Me, I'd trade them still having ABM available and fully half the cars on the street being ABM, than risking that unhappy possibility happening.

I got my favorite, ABM, but my runner-ups (and the only colors I really considered besides it) are gone with the demise of IBM and CGM. It does stink. Can it really be that inefficient for them to keep colors other than the most popular ones: black, reds, and yellow?
The whole totalled/accident thing is the reason I carry full insurance on every vehicle I own. Let the insurance company pay for the extra cost of paint on my car. I'm not worried at all.
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:14 PM   #32
aqualite75

Drives: 2010 Transformers Edition 2SS RS M6
I don't think GM/Dodge/Ford removed paint colors because they wanted to. I think this has everything to do with the earthquake in Japan earlier in the year. All of the metallic colors are the ones that seem to be getting pulled. I was reading on the Challengertalk forum that brilliant black crystal pearl is one of the earthquake casualties because of the pigment required to give the metallic look. This is probably a short lived exclusion and we may see some of these colors return.

First link: shortage due to plant closure
http://www.inautonews.com/japan-impa...-auto-industry

Second link: production resuming
http://www.inautonews.com/japan-xira...le-from-june-1
aqualite75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #33
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Normally I would hope that this is one of those circumstances where something bad has happened to the Camaro lineup, but if we just have faith, things will improve. I have been saving for a fifth gen since the release of the concept and have been a long time Camaro owner. I sold my hand me down Saturn SL1 to buy a black 91 RS v-6 when I was a kid. I am now on my fourth Camaro and have intentions of purchasing a late 2012 model or later. Its hard to keep faith when you're a member of this site and see things like the disappearence of ABM, the Synergy "special edition", and the practice of charging extra for colors-especially colors that were originally offered without an upcharge. I'm not upset about IBM and CGM going away because that was the color I was wating for (although they were in my top 4), I'm upset because as hard as they've worked on this car they should have had replacement colors in place before the removal of IBM, RJT, CGM and whatever else might get the axe. I personally am still waiting for a medium to dark metallic blue, but I'm worried that if it is offered, it will dissappear before I can purchase. While I don't expect GM to make exactly the color I want, I would be ecstatic and pushed closer to purchase if they offered a nice medium blue. I also don't think it's too much to ask for them to offer more than 6 colors. If more colors are to be announced that's good news but if that news was offered earlier it would cut down on some of the sales lag from the model year switchover. Hopefully this rant is for nothing and a color similar to this will appear in due time, for a full model year, and not cost extra on top of the 2012 recently raised prices.
Attached Images

Old 07-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #34
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualite75 View Post
I don't think GM/Dodge/Ford removed paint colors because they wanted to. I think this has everything to do with the earthquake in Japan earlier in the year. All of the metallic colors are the ones that seem to be getting pulled. I was reading on the Challengertalk forum that brilliant black crystal pearl is one of the earthquake casualties because of the pigment required to give the metallic look. This is probably a short lived exclusion and we may see some of these colors return.

First link: shortage due to plant closure
http://www.inautonews.com/japan-impa...-auto-industry

Second link: production resuming
http://www.inautonews.com/japan-xira...le-from-june-1
Yeah, we wouldn't want to manufacture anything in America you know.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #35
suplex

Drives: 2011 Coupe, 1LT, A6, No RS Package.
I love having mine in Yellow. If I wasn't able to get it I would have gone Orange first, and then White. I still don't agree with taking away colors people liked...unless...other than the people in here who like them, they just weren't selling that well over all.

I'd even like to see some other choices that were as wild as the Synergy Green. Maybe something like a Purple (or Grape) color, a bright blue, a dark green (like the Polo Green my 1994 Camaro was), and even a Pastel Pink color (special order only, for the ladies out there...why not?).

Colors for a car like that shouldn't be boring at all.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #36
dutchnrican
brevard

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6.
wow that sucks. I was looking to trade my 2011 CGM LT for the same color only an ss, but the dealer couldn't find any and told me about the paint constraint, so I just went ahead and ordered a black 2012. Kinda felt bad about ordering a black if CGM was gonna come back... guess I don't feel too bad now. Good news is that I now have a color that isn't made anymore. Hopefully I can get them to give me a good price on it when I trade it in. Or if someone here would be interested in it let me know.
dutchnrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #37
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Normally I would hope that this is one of those circumstances where something bad has happened to the Camaro lineup, but if we just have faith, things will improve. I have been saving for a fifth gen since the release of the concept and have been a long time Camaro owner. I sold my hand me down Saturn SL1 to buy a black 91 RS v-6 when I was a kid. I am now on my fourth Camaro and have intentions of purchasing a late 2012 model or later. Its hard to keep faith when you're a member of this site and see things like the disappearence of ABM, the Synergy "special edition", and the practice of charging extra for colors-especially colors that were originally offered without an upcharge. I'm not upset about IBM and CGM going away because that was the color I was wating for (although they were in my top 4), I'm upset because as hard as they've worked on this car they should have had replacement colors in place before the removal of IBM, RJT, CGM and whatever else might get the axe. I personally am still waiting for a medium to dark metallic blue, but I'm worried that if it is offered, it will dissappear before I can purchase. While I don't expect GM to make exactly the color I want, I would be ecstatic and pushed closer to purchase if they offered a nice medium blue. I also don't think it's too much to ask for them to offer more than 6 colors. If more colors are to be announced that's good news but if that news was offered earlier it would cut down on some of the sales lag from the model year switchover. Hopefully this rant is for nothing and a color similar to this will appear in due time, for a full model year, and not cost extra on top of the 2012 recently raised prices.
If they offered that blue as a replacement color, I would turn this frown upside down in a split second.

Just what I'd want, a medium to dark medium true, deep blue. Not a fan of ABM outside of being in direct sunlight. It's a bit too light for my taste and has a greenish tint in certain lighting.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #38
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
So why? Why can Ford and Dodge have such great colors? wHY CAN GT500 HAVE A HAND BUILT FORGED MOTOR? LOOKS ONLY GET YOU SO FAR! One more reason to defect. I simply don't understand why they put so much effort into fixing little things like the passenger seat but only offer basic colors. MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE. GT 500 OR SRT-8 HERE I COME!!!
BoostedX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:21 PM   #39
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
I hope they do come up with more colors. Not that i want them. It just gives everyone else options to NOT buy the VR that i am quite partial too.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #40
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Rjt always got my attention when it went down the road. I have only seen one ABM, it looked sweet. IBM-eh.
CGM.......NO!
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #41
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
I suspect this is all about japan. CGM is one of GM's best selling colors and no reason to remove it unless they an not get enough for their plants. Maybe it will be back in 2013.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #42
Chemical

Drives: 2SS RS
Damnt It! I thought for sure CGM would be ready for the ZL1... there goes my first choice...

Now I'm so confused... Carbon flash to me looks like black while it's dirty...

I don't know what I'll choose... I'm expecting more colors soon.

Looks like a good time for possible optional colors we can vote on, GM let's hear it.
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote