Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-15-2018, 08:54 PM   #1
Aaron0731

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
“Mustang been eating our lunch”

https://www.motortrend.com/news/chev...m=&utm_source=
Aaron0731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:18 PM   #2
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Not much to say other than it's true. The GEN 6 Camaro missed the mark. Yes it may perform better but to the casual owner who buys the V6 or 4 cylinder model that doesn't matter. They need to change the body if they want to win the game with GEN 7 cause GEN 6 is a loss for Chevy.
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:24 PM   #3
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
Sad but true. The damn Mustang’s are thick as flies. Do I love my 2015 SS L99 vert? Yes. It was a bargain at $25k. Is it big, heavy, and underpowered? Yes. Is the 2016 with the LT1 and 455 HP a major improvement? Yes. Am i going to buy one? No!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 12:06 AM   #4
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talladega View Post
Not much to say other than it's true. The GEN 6 Camaro missed the mark. Yes it may perform better but to the casual owner who buys the V6 or 4 cylinder model that doesn't matter. They need to change the body if they want to win the game with GEN 7 cause GEN 6 is a loss for Chevy.
Agree with this ^^^ especially when you factor in the MSRP on the base Mustang is a few hundred less then base Camaro and around $2K less then the base Challenger. Overall, the Mustang is (and has been) a more affordable DD then either the Camaro or Challenger for the 'casual' buyer who is looking for stylish ride. Combine all these factors and it's no wonder Mustangs are outselling Camaros .. and, IMO, will continue to do so until Chevy makes some drastic and smart changes.

Last edited by Welker2; 09-16-2018 at 04:13 AM.
Welker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 12:55 AM   #5
GatorGreg

Drives: '14 Blue Ray ("Suite Madame Blue")
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshelar View Post
Sad but true. The damn Mustang’s are thick as flies. Do I love my 2015 SS L99 vert? Yes. It was a bargain at $25k. Is it big, heavy, and underpowered? Yes. Is the 2016 with the LT1 and 455 HP a major improvement? Yes. Am i going to buy one? No!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, Mustang is definitely eating Camaro’s lunch on my little subdivision street. There are three 6th gen Mustangs (2 GT verts and 1 non-GT coupe). There are also two classics (1st gen GT vert and 3rd gen SVT coupe). There are exactly zero 6th gen Camaros and only one 5th gen Camaro (and that’s mine ). There are a crap ton Jeep Wranglers, SUVs and pickups. That said, I kind of like having the only Camaro on my street.
GatorGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 06:27 AM   #6
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Seems GM just doesn't want to do the one thing that will help...…...ADVERTISE!!!!

Has anyone seen a Camaro advertisement?
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:12 AM   #7
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
With just a bump in the bumpstick, and or a little stroke more to the engine GM could come out with stock numbers higher in many classes compared to the challenger or mustang; but they don't as they are short sighted compared to the competition for advertising a Camaro versus say the million Dodge bro's commercials I have seen with the Hellcat and SRT8 versions of their cars burning rubber, (like the Mustang which have a engine so tight to the frame rails its a paper clip), and GM should show off the ZL1 to show how crowded GM can make a engine compartment and how it kicks butt and is lighter and faster etc...…

The bump in price did make the Camaro SS and even the LT much less in the affordable class for many...over 40 over 35, and the ZL1 over 60. There is a love for sports cars and full sized luxury sports "modern Muscle" cars but price them to meet demand and be able to have bragging rights also...……. That's what the fifth gen HAD the sixth gen unfortunately does not have for a advantage. IMO...……….

I know I used to dream and price check and read specs on the competition and being a Chevy guy was happy the Camaro came out on top in reliability compared to the competition and was close enough to the heavier challenger in Hp to just as with the Mustang be a drivers race...and the Stang had a solid rear axle..... and be cheaper than both which BTW the mustang had to have track pack this and that and etc etc to match up. And the appearance being more Retro than the Mustang......was cool being lighter than the Dodges also. Now the Camaro unfortunately is still stylistically a call back to the first gen yet gone space age not retro and much harder to distinguish from the Mustang which IMO also shart the bed for the Millennials attention. MEH...…

Like to think I may buy a used zl1 for a daily some time, beef it; yet always look forward to what the next gen of Camaro will look like as they can make a beautiful Retro ride or try to mate a gen 1/2 with a modern Jag...…… something they think the masses yearn for European influences to design just like libs want to ruin our country..so we can all live like those lucky ones in Malmo Sweden...………… Yes Sweden; and that's Nirvana....a place Trump could not be right about saying their problems with immigration or refugees from Syria were troubling years ago now . Of course he who believes the Mainstream media must live in a bubble. Be wise my friends its a ugly truth we have to face every day where I work. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...acks&FORM=VDRE

And if Gm engineers and designers were too with MGMT get back about 100 feet from a new Mustang and new Camaro now and have them drive 50 MPH forward into them with the lights off why they would all be dead before they could tell which was which...and that may be a good thing...LOL

Last edited by christianchevell; 09-16-2018 at 08:24 AM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:34 AM   #8
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
A good quick read there. Seems Al O thinks its just a price problem. He's got it half right LOL. I think the new Mustang is a sexy looking car and would buy that over a Camaro 6 all day long.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:43 AM   #9
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
It's a shame. The 6th gen Camaro is a great car.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:48 AM   #10
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
It’s an awesome car if you have a thing for having your right hand more air conditioned then the rest of you.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:01 AM   #11
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
When I was at the track yesterday I had compliments from many people on how nice my car is. Considering its physically 7 years old ...the older gen and design wise say 13 years old. Im very happy with it and wouldn't trade it for a 6th gen. The design is timeless and will likely not be seen again in the Camaro lineup.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:23 AM   #12
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
When I was at the track yesterday I had compliments from many people on how nice my car is. Considering its physically 7 years old ...the older gen and design wise say 13 years old. Im very happy with it and wouldn't trade it for a 6th gen. The design is timeless and will likely not be seen again in the Camaro lineup.
Agree 1000%
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:38 AM   #13
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
And the problems people are reporting with them especially the A8 trans good Lord! And random engine failures too. I've never seen anything on here since I joined in 2013 that even comes close to all of that....
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 01:19 PM   #14
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
The only reason I haven't upgraded is the price.
Why the F is a Gen6 that I'd replace mine with $45k? Mine was $30! And I'm NOT buying a 4-cylinder.
Also, WOW are the 2019s ugly!
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote