Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #71
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Yes, I have thought abou the same things as the rest of you, and I am sure I will get a few comments. But I am into several things from exporting, farming, land development to food processing. I have learned there will always be a few however most people want to deal with a winner. My daily driver is a '08 chevy four door 4x4 pickup, Camaro is a new toy for those few nice days.
I just tell the ones who coment about it that land sales are great. You can also tell them a line about the uncle who left you a little money, or that stock you day traded payed off like a slot machine. It is always easier to deflect those coments, just play them off.
If they like what you do for them and they see value in your services 99% will stay with you no matter what you drive as long as it is not extreme either way.
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:37 PM   #72
Kvapil28

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ
You work hard everyday they should understand that. I say buy the car if it makes you happy. You deserve it. I understand what you mean tho
Kvapil28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:53 PM   #73
quickdraw

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Reality Check

I've been in business for myself for 20 years and in my current construction business for the last 13 years. My first business cost me 7 years of my life, thousands of hours and dollars. My second business has been a success. Most people will never know or want to understand what it is like to put everything you own on the line each day to build a business and meet a payroll. They don't want to know because they will never put it all on the line. That's OK it is their choice as it was mine to go after my dreams. Most of the time I just ignore the whiners but occasionally when it hits me the wrong way I will tell them that if they what more out of life, financially, that I will help them start their own business. They first need to decide how much money that they can afford to lose and second how long they can live without a paycheck (because the owner takes his check last). That usually ends the discussion.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:40 PM   #74
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
someone has been going through the posts...lol... I almost forgot I started this post.
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:58 PM   #75
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
There are a surprising number of business owers here. I'm impressed!!! Camaro's draw a classy, smart and enterprising crowd I see...!
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #76
Nzcamaro
NZ Camaro. New Zealand

Drives: 1968 camaro. 2010 2ss Camaro
I own a small auto repair here in New Zealand and drive my camaro to work every day,park it out the side door. Very visible to all.
Plenty of comments about charging too much and having too much money.
I don,t care, I have worked hard and smart and am on this planet to enjoy life the way I want too.
I tell them you can never have too much money and laugh,they son shut up.
Most are good regular customers who really like the car,there are not too many over here yet.
Nzcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #77
TheAviator

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro 1LT
Soon to be small biz owner but no clients would ever see my car nor judge me. But even if they did I would say don't live your life based on what others think. If they have a problem with a camaro of all things, that's just more than sad on their part. They have to be really really small minded. I personally would never be jealous of anything anyone has. Its mere motivation for me to go out and accomplish as much as that person that has that thing I'd like to have. I will buy a Lamborghini and throw it in your face Just kidding.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #78
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
I own a small construction company...sometimes I go on bids and drive my car...all I usually need to bring is a tape and padfolio. I've never got any sarcastic remarks, or lost a bid due to what I drive.

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #79
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quite the opposite. I went from a Hummer to a crew cab dually to a CTS then the Camaro. The Camaro brings work into my shop because of my fabricating parts for them. When someone says I must be making money to afford it I tell them, you're crazy, the economy sucks, I've been down grading from my previous vehicles.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #80
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I'll keep this as short as I can.

Former small business owner for 7 years. Very good at what I did. Made a lot of money. After buying a couple of Harleys and a ZL1, putting that money into going back to school and finishing my degree because I want to.

It's not just that you may own a small business. You, whoever, has a personality that doesn't shy away from hard work. So you could be in a corporate job or whatever and are still likely to do well for yourself because you are who you are. People will still be jealous.

Just take the advice that a friend of mine gave me. Look at haters and say

"If you want what I have, do what I do."
Old 12-12-2013, 01:59 AM   #81
jas81363

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS M6 Blue Ray
My wife and I use to own 2 Fishing Bait and Tackle stores for about 33 years. Then Cabela's opened up a store 10 miles up the road and put us both out of business. They also put alot of other small gun and archery shops out of business too. Don't worry about what other people think, if you work hard for your money buy what you want.
jas81363 is offline   Reply With Quote