Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 05-24-2018, 08:06 AM   #463
tofst4uvette
Pride and Joy

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS2 Spring Edition
Another satisfied customer of DynoSteve. I just put a Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks Headers with High flow cats. I called Steve he recommended the sct-x4 with his tune.
The shipping couldn't have been faster and his tune was e-mailed to me within a day of me sending him my stock tune.
Just installed everything wend. night. all I can say is money well spent
Thank You Steve
tofst4uvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:23 AM   #464
MesaENGR412

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Black
A big to Dynosteve for the fast shipping and even faster updated tune for my car. The results are definitely there after reflashing the car with Steve's tune. I installed long tube headers and an x pipe recently, and already had a cold air intake on it. This tune has really made a difference in the drive and responsiveness of the car. The low end torque is back, and the shifting is firm and fast. The throttle is smooth and linear, and a lot more immediate than before. Also, the engine has a little different sound to it (like mentioned in some previous posts). I can tell there has been some remapping of the engine because it just sounds smoother, and happier at idle and on throttle. I need to grab a couple go pros and make a little driving video...

On a side note, thank you to all of the satisfied customers for recommending Steve and his tunes, because you guys were the deciding factor for me getting this and spending the $$ on it.

On another side note, I didn't realized when using the SCT that it would trigger all kinds of warnings on the dash when it was saving the stock tune and uploading the new tune. Scared me for a second when "Service Stabilitrack" and "Engine low on power !" came up on the dash while the SCT was doing it's thing. Once it was done though, it powered off the ECU and there were no CEL's or warnings of any kind and the car fired right up with no issues. I guess I didn't need those few seconds that blood pressure spike probably took off my life....

Comparison clip of a cold start:

-AJH

Last edited by MesaENGR412; 05-24-2018 at 10:59 AM.
MesaENGR412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 01:03 PM   #465
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Thankyou so much for the great feedback guys

RDP Store www.rdpstore.com
Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Kooks ARH Stainless Power ACT Aeroforce Kooks Husky Anderson K&N GForce SCT Edelbrock Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC
dynosteve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:27 AM   #466
b4wheeler

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Vert
Steve, do you do datalog tunes? Want to see if I can get a few extra ponies out of it and maximize its efficiency... and I'm not alkin' fuel......
2011 2SS/RS Convertible, Victory Red, Roto-Fab CAI, Apex Scoop and Bottle, Oracle Ghosted side markers, Stainless Power 1 7/8 headers, No Cats, Straight piped, Bo White TB, GM Factory GFX kit, lowered 1.0"+, Factory Camaro optional 21" wheels, CDC Roll bar and some powder coating and dipping.
b4wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 05:17 PM   #467
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4wheeler View Post
Steve, do you do datalog tunes? Want to see if I can get a few extra ponies out of it and maximize its efficiency... and I'm not alkin' fuel......
yes sir

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Kooks ARH Stainless Power ACT Aeroforce Kooks Husky Anderson K&N GForce SCT Edelbrock Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC
Old 06-01-2018, 03:39 PM   #468
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Steve has helped me many times as I have upgraded over the past couple years. his service is always good.
Back In The Saddle - Earley 2010 2SS IBM A6 #10244 Built - Roto-Fab CAI, Muffler/CAT Delete, 17" Mickey Thompson ET DRs, RDP Tune, ZL1 Fuel Pump, BW Stage II Ported TB, Speed Engineering 1-7/8" Longtubes, ZEX Nitrous 150HP Shot, Lingenfelter 160* Stat, NGK TR6IX Spark Plugs & Elite Catch Can, TCI Line Lock, JRE Trans Dipstick, BMR Trailing Arms & Toe Rods, 11.6 sec @ 120 mph - 1.59 sec 60' - 1/4 mile pass Check Out My Youtube Channel For 5th Gen Camaro Drag Racing & How To Mods https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyG...GR9gDm6PO-27rg
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:07 PM   #469
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
Steve has helped me many times as I have upgraded over the past couple years. his service is always good.
Thanks for the feedback sir

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Old 06-06-2018, 02:12 PM   #470
b4wheeler

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Vert
Steve,
Can you tell me if the SCT LiveWire TS+ supports Switch On-The-Fly* on the Gen5 Camaros.?
2011 2SS/RS Convertible, Victory Red, Roto-Fab CAI, Apex Scoop and Bottle, Oracle Ghosted side markers, Stainless Power 1 7/8 headers, No Cats, Straight piped, Bo White TB, GM Factory GFX kit, lowered 1.0"+, Factory Camaro optional 21" wheels, CDC Roll bar and some powder coating and dipping.
b4wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 01:36 PM   #471
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4wheeler View Post
Steve,
Can you tell me if the SCT LiveWire TS+ supports Switch On-The-Fly* on the Gen5 Camaros.?
Hey Buddy

no sir they were removed from that device but they are looking at adding it to the gtx device

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Old 06-08-2018, 01:57 PM   #472
MrTwenty6

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Steve was always available, answered my (many) questions, and made the entire process very simple. Couldn't be happier and feel like I got an incredible deal for the level of service he provides.

I have just started modding the car but will definitely go to Steve for all my future tuning needs.

Mods - 1 7/8ths long times, high flow cats.
MrTwenty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:42 AM   #473
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTwenty6 View Post
Steve was always available, answered my (many) questions, and made the entire process very simple. Couldn't be happier and feel like I got an incredible deal for the level of service he provides.

I have just started modding the car but will definitely go to Steve for all my future tuning needs.

Mods - 1 7/8ths long times, high flow cats.
Thankyou kind sir it was my pleasure working with you

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Old 06-11-2018, 01:51 PM   #474
pavlos1

Drives: silver ice metallic ss camaro conve
i had the honor of having a dynosteve tune for my car .last thursday,the car has a z/28 cai,kooks headers and retro chamber exhaust,car made 357 hpwith just that setup.then steve leaned on it and came up with 375.5.the difference is night and day.this man truely enjoys his work.he is polite and extremely curtious to all his customers.i will see you again sir thank you for all you do .you are truely a special person.
pavlos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:48 AM   #475
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlos1 View Post
i had the honor of having a dynosteve tune for my car .last thursday,the car has a z/28 cai,kooks headers and retro chamber exhaust,car made 357 hpwith just that setup.then steve leaned on it and came up with 375.5.the difference is night and day.this man truely enjoys his work.he is polite and extremely curtious to all his customers.i will see you again sir thank you for all you do .you are truely a special person.
Thankyou very much sir was a pleasure working with you

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Old 06-13-2018, 05:59 PM   #476
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Some New exciting news from HP Tuners that now they not only upgraded their software and equipment but now offer on track logging and overlay video edited vs your data log

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Tags
rdp email dyno tuning