Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 06-15-2018, 10:23 PM   #477
Shutudwn

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1le 2ss
I installed BBK off road midpipes last year but held off on getting a tune. The CEL and abundance of fumes from the car running rich got a little old so I decided to follow the advice of many members and get a custom tune from DynoSteve.

I am extremely happy with how the car performs and wish I had gotten this done sooner.

Thanks again Steve.

Last edited by Shutudwn; 06-16-2018 at 08:35 AM.
Shutudwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 08:20 AM   #478
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutudwn View Post
I installed BBK off road midpipes last year but held off on getting a tune. The CEL and abundance of fumes from the car running rich got a little old so I decided to follow the advice of many members and get a custom tune from DynoSteve.

I am extremely happy with how the car performs and wish I had gotten this done sooner.

Thanks again Steve.
Thanks for the very kind words sir

RDP Store www.rdpstore.com
Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Kooks ARH Stainless Power ACT Aeroforce Kooks Husky Anderson K&N GForce SCT Edelbrock Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:57 AM   #479
mchaggis

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS
I contacted Steve just to see what the best hand held tuner was so I could work towards one in the future. Being in New Zealand once you add shipping, tax and duty then convert to NZ$ things get a bit pricey. Steve did such a good deal on the shipping I ended up ordering a SCT X4 and a set of Stainlees Works LT headers. I’ve already received my email tune from Steve.
So I too have now started down the long slippery slope of never ending upgrades, modifications and poverty caused my my Camaro. Oh well, it’ll be a hell of a ride!
Thanks Steve!

Last edited by mchaggis; 07-05-2018 at 12:44 AM.
mchaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 08:57 PM   #480
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchaggis View Post
I contacted Steve just to see what the best hand held tuner was so I could work towards one in the future. Being in New Zealand once you add shipping, tax and duty then convert to NZ$ things get a bit pricey. Steve did such a good deal on the shipping I ended up ordering a SCT X4 and a set of Stainlees Works LT headers. Iíve already received my email tune from Steve.
So I too have now started down the long slippery slope of never end upgrades, modifications and poverty caused my my Camaro. Oh well, itíll a hell of a ride!
Thanks Steve!
Thankyou for the kind words sir and was great working with you

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Kooks ARH Stainless Power ACT Aeroforce Kooks Husky Anderson K&N GForce SCT Edelbrock Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC
Old 07-05-2018, 09:22 PM   #481
oslouie

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Dynosteve is recommended by many on the forum so I was not hesitant to get tuned by him one bit. I sent him my stock tune on 7/3 at night and when I woke up the next day, my new tune was already in my email...ON A FREAKIN' HOLIDAY! Loaded up the same day and I can honestly say; granted I just upgraded everything from the headers back, but it would have been worth it just for the transmission tune alone! His response time is quick, shipping is fast, customer support is great. I would definitely recommend his products and services if you are looking to upgrade.

In case some of you might want to know what changes I noticed most...DOD was very noticeable because I no longer hear that slight hum before it jumped back to all cylinders. Instead, the car just picks up right away. As I mentioned about it being worth it just for the transmission tune alone (L99), it's a completely different animal after the tune. There is very little delay, if any at all. It took less pedal than before to do a semi-extreme chirp from a dead stop. I can honestly say it feels like a whole new car, even more so on sport mode.
oslouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 07:27 AM   #482
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oslouie View Post
Dynosteve is recommended by many on the forum so I was not hesitant to get tuned by him one bit. I sent him my stock tune on 7/3 at night and when I woke up the next day, my new tune was already in my email...ON A FREAKIN' HOLIDAY! Loaded up the same day and I can honestly say; granted I just upgraded everything from the headers back, but it would have been worth it just for the transmission tune alone! His response time is quick, shipping is fast, customer support is great. I would definitely recommend his products and services if you are looking to upgrade.

In case some of you might want to know what changes I noticed most...DOD was very noticeable because I no longer hear that slight hum before it jumped back to all cylinders. Instead, the car just picks up right away. As I mentioned about it being worth it just for the transmission tune alone (L99), it's a completely different animal after the tune. There is very little delay, if any at all. It took less pedal than before to do a semi-extreme chirp from a dead stop. I can honestly say it feels like a whole new car, even more so on sport mode.

Thankyou for the kind words sir

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Old 07-14-2018, 10:48 AM   #483
yadi8888

Drives: 2011 camaro ss ls3
dynosteve is a great tuner and the best costumer service, i really recommend to get a email tune from him.
yadi8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:42 PM   #484
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadi8888 View Post
dynosteve is a great tuner and the best costumer service, i really recommend to get a email tune from him.
Thankyou kind sir i greatly appreciate your business and kind words

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Old 08-04-2018, 09:21 AM   #485
Rench28

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Convertible 45th
Steve,

Still loving the tune! I live in Kentucky and may be planning a trip to Pike's Peak. Do I need to do anything to my current tune or anything else because of the high elevation?

Previous Rides: 2009 Corvette Coupe Z51, 1982 Camaro Z28

Other Hobbies: R/C Racing, Shooting Sports, Golf, Call of Duty, Fishing, UK Basketball

Last edited by Rench28; 08-05-2018 at 03:02 PM.
Rench28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:04 PM   #486
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rench28 View Post
Steve,

Still loving the tune! I live in Kentucky and may be planning a trip to Pike's Peak. Do I need to do anything to my current tune or anything else because of the high elevation?
Thats awesome sir, theres adaption tables in the pcm for altitude sir so you will be fine, if you have any other questions please just ask or give me a call

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Old 08-07-2018, 10:05 AM   #487
gwill30

Drives: 2010 IO RS/SS A6
Huge thank you to Steve and RDP. I ordered a new tuner yesterday @ 11:07am. I had a tracking number 14 minutes later. Shipped out same day and ill have it tomorrow.
Looking forward to working with you on my new tune.
TY
gwill30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:38 AM   #488
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Just ordered an email tune from Steve today.

I'm excited to see what he does for my stock L99!

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - Daily Driver
1968 Camaro SS - Show Car
2000 Monte Carlo SS - Paxton Novi Supercharged Project
2018 Regal TourX - Because we need at least ONE family car
ChibiBlackSheep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:59 AM   #489
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
Just ordered an email tune from Steve today.

I'm excited to see what he does for my stock L99!
I think you are going to be pretty happy!
Old 08-08-2018, 08:35 PM   #490
boostedlude

Drives: 2015 2SS/1LE
Have to give Steve a shout out. Had him send an sctx4 tune last year on a 15 1LE with the following mods - CAI intake, bo white pt, and tsp headers

Car was put on Dyno and made 422whp and 426wtq

Great numbers, thanks Steve ��
boostedlude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rdp email dyno tuning