Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-24-2017, 06:30 PM   #43
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam's Polishes View Post
Congrats on your retirement!
Check out this link, there is a lot of good info here.......

http://www.adamsforums.com/forum/61-...iling-library/
thanks, I have some of your polishes and pads...Im wondering which pad to use with what polish, and a recommendation on a polisher/buffer..
Strut tower brace(GM), CAI, Blade Spoiler, ZL1 wheels and tires, Heritage grill, Dual mode exhaust, and thats it, no more..except for the lowering springs..Ok Hotchkis springs were delivered today, thats it..
wally mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 03:29 PM   #44
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally mayfield View Post
thanks, I have some of your polishes and pads...Im wondering which pad to use with what polish, and a recommendation on a polisher/buffer..
I would definitely recommend our new Swirl Killer 15mm LT polisher......
smooth running, comfortable design and what I really like is a 25' cord.
All the pads and polishes are color coded, Orange with orange, White with White and Blue with blue.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exteri...-polisher.html

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exteri...ish-combo.html
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:12 PM   #45
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam's Polishes View Post
I would definitely recommend our new Swirl Killer 15mm LT polisher......
smooth running, comfortable design and what I really like is a 25' cord.
All the pads and polishes are color coded, Orange with orange, White with White and Blue with blue.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exteri...-polisher.html

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exteri...ish-combo.html
I had some good weather yesterday and decided to give my new Swirl Killer 15 out on my 2013 ZL1 convertible.
I already have the Flex polisher, but I was eager to use the SK.
The car was already in decent shape so all I used was the paint finishing polish.
I LOVE THIS THING !!!!

It was a pure joy to use, seemed a bit lighter than the Flex and very easy to control.
The only comment I'd make is in regards to the position of the trigger lock button. With it on the side of the handle where it's easy to press with your thumb, it also makes it easy to accidently press it when holding onto the handle and sweeping the SK back and forth. Perhaps move the button to the bottom of the handle?

Other than that, I think my Flex will stay in the tool chest and gather dust. The SK will be my main tool from now on.!

THANKS ADAM's !!!!
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:22 PM   #46
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
I had some good weather yesterday and decided to give my new Swirl Killer 15 out on my 2013 ZL1 convertible.
I already have the Flex polisher, but I was eager to use the SK.
The car was already in decent shape so all I used was the paint finishing polish.
I LOVE THIS THING !!!!

It was a pure joy to use, seemed a bit lighter than the Flex and very easy to control.
The only comment I'd make is in regards to the position of the trigger lock button. With it on the side of the handle where it's easy to press with your thumb, it also makes it easy to accidently press it when holding onto the handle and sweeping the SK back and forth. Perhaps move the button to the bottom of the handle?

Other than that, I think my Flex will stay in the tool chest and gather dust. The SK will be my main tool from now on.!

THANKS ADAM's !!!!
Thank You for the kind words!!
Old 06-16-2017, 07:47 AM   #47
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Adam-----On my 2011 I can clean the inside back window. But how the heck do you clean the lower part of the back window where the brake light is? I can't find anything thin enough to get down in there with a cloth.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:03 AM   #48
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
Adam-----On my 2011 I can clean the inside back window. But how the heck do you clean the lower part of the back window where the brake light is? I can't find anything thin enough to get down in there with a cloth.
I custom made my own (kinda on accident) using a yard sale sign from Lowes and a couple binder clips. I will try and locate it and post a picture

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:58 AM   #49
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Spike III Build 2011 IBM 1SS/RS [COTW 6/25/12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
I custom made my own (kinda on accident) using a yard sale sign from Lowes and a couple binder clips. I will try and locate it and post a picture

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Thxs appreciate it.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:03 PM   #50
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Are there any sales going on? I need to get another gallon of detail spray, after 3 years I've used it all lol.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:17 PM   #51
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
Are there any sales going on? I need to get another gallon of detail spray, after 3 years I've used it all lol.
I just checked and this is your best deal.

Go to the Adams website and select gallons, it will give you the option of getting a free 16oz with a gallon..... Select that option.

At checkout use code EASTER for a 16% discount. The most the shipping will cost you is $7, so the most you will pay is 44.79 shipped for a gallon and a 16 ounce bottle. They did offer me another option for $6.05 shipping and I'm in NC. Since your much closer to Colorado than I am you may get a better price for shipping.

I'd also recommend getting one of the bottle funnels they sell, it makes filling the 16 oz bottles from the gallons a breeze with no spills if you don't already have one. It's in the "empty bottles" section. $3.99

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 04-23-2019 at 07:28 PM.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:26 AM   #52
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
I just checked and this is your best deal.

Go to the Adams website and select gallons, it will give you the option of getting a free 16oz with a gallon..... Select that option.

At checkout use code EASTER for a 16% discount. The most the shipping will cost you is $7, so the most you will pay is 44.79 shipped for a gallon and a 16 ounce bottle. They did offer me another option for $6.05 shipping and I'm in NC. Since your much closer to Colorado than I am you may get a better price for shipping.

I'd also recommend getting one of the bottle funnels they sell, it makes filling the 16 oz bottles from the gallons a breeze with no spills if you don't already have one. It's in the "empty bottles" section. $3.99
Thanks for your help. That'll do the trick. I planned on buying it either way, now I can have a backup spray bottle too. tbh, I don't even wash my car lol I dust it off and spray detail spray on it, and wipe it down.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 05:13 PM   #53
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
Which of your products would you recommend for removal of light surface scratches? Detailed my car with an orbital buffer this weekend. Shines like a mirror but when the sun shines across it at the right angle, I see not swirls, but fine surface scratches.

Last edited by fhrex; 08-05-2019 at 05:00 AM.
fhrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 11:05 AM   #54
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhrex View Post
Which of your products would you recommend for removal of light surface scratches? Detailed my car with an orbital buffer this weekend. Shines like a mirror but when the sun shines across it at the right angle, I see not swirls, but fine surface scratches.
Without seeing I would start with our White pad and Finishing Polish, more than likely you will have to go with Orange Pad and Correcting Polish.
Do a 2x2 test spot to see what it's going to take.
Thanks!