Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2019, 08:46 AM   #15
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 Envoy, '07 F-150, '14 Charger
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 36,182
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
__________________

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:41 AM   #16
xc_SS/RS


 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: somewhere in MD
Posts: 4,428
Hell yeah!
__________________
2010 2SS/RS
Z/28 intake, ported TB, vr wedge, rod-mod intake, speed engineering LT's, NPP catback, ATI -10% pulley, MGW shifter, 160* t-stat, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.72 @112.36 - improvements coming
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:54 AM   #17
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"
 
hrpiii's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Indy
Posts: 7,968
They should of made this announcement on April 1st. Just to screw with everyone a little more.
__________________
BMR Suspension, SLPTVS2300, GFORCE Driveshaft & HalfShafts, Kooks with cutouts and other fun things.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:55 AM   #18
DRKS1D3


 
DRKS1D3's Avatar
 
Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,411
GM must: Keep pricing reasonable (it has always been America's supercar on a budget), have plenty of trim levels (I like the C7 line-up), offer it with a manual, don't get too far out of Corvette's heritage and comfort zone.

I can't wait to hear more!
__________________
MY RIDE: 2017 CORVETTE GRAND SPORT--TRIPLE BLACK, 7 SPEED MANUAL, VARARAM TCR-7 INTAKE, BORLA CATLESS X-PIPE, CARBON FIBER STAGE 2 AERO, MGW SHORT-THROW SHIFTER

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE (BOUGHT NEW 4-2011)--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ


DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866 (BOUGHT NEW 6-2012)--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:52 PM   #19
snizzle
Recalled user
 
snizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
GM must: Keep pricing reasonable
Chevy is charging 50+K for a Blazer RS. Good luck with that.
__________________

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:59 PM   #20
90503


 
90503's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 13,197
Congratulations to the Corvette and Corvette world. I hope this new 'Vette is a success. Will it be expensive? I don't see why it shouldn't be. This is a great move and reassurance that all is right with the Chevy line-up. Corvette is top dog. Camaro was getting too close and Corvette needed to leap way ahead to maintain the order of things.

IMO Camaro will never get close to this new Corvette level of styling and performance. Looking forward to see what they offer for engines....Corvette only engines, that is.

The differences between Corvette and Camaro are now once again easy to see and appreciate. Congrats again to Corvette.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:18 PM   #21
DRKS1D3


 
DRKS1D3's Avatar
 
Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Chevy is charging 50+K for a Blazer RS. Good luck with that.
Yes, the Blazer RS's price is ridiculous. I could see ~$50k for a true SS variant, but not for some black cladding and different wheels.

The Corvette, on the other hand, has always been "The Best Bang For The Buck" versus its direct competitors. ~$55k for a stripped-down Stingray is a steal (unfortunately, the aforementioned Blazer RS isn't much cheaper). At that price, the Stingray packs a lot of performance.

GM has to keep the C8 obtainable to a lot of people. Sure, $55k isn't a drop in the bucket to most folks, but if GM prices the entry level C8 at $75k, that's a huge jump and you're going to alienate a lot of customers looking to enter into "The Realm of Corvette" for the first time. IMHO, keeping the Corvette reasonable, means implementing no more than a $5-6k jump in price from the current trim levels. A stripped-down, entry level C8 should cost no more than ~$60-62k.
__________________
MY RIDE: 2017 CORVETTE GRAND SPORT--TRIPLE BLACK, 7 SPEED MANUAL, VARARAM TCR-7 INTAKE, BORLA CATLESS X-PIPE, CARBON FIBER STAGE 2 AERO, MGW SHORT-THROW SHIFTER

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE (BOUGHT NEW 4-2011)--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ


DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866 (BOUGHT NEW 6-2012)--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:02 PM   #22
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 25,260
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Chevy is charging 50+K for a Blazer RS. Good luck with that.
Why do people always focus on the price of loaded/top trim models? Its like complaining that the Camaro is a 70k car because of the ZL1 convertible, or that Corvettes cost 120 grand because of the ZR1 & ignoring the fact that most cost a lot less than that.
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:23 PM   #23
oneredry
HYPER SS
 
oneredry's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Troy OH
Posts: 1,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Why do people always focus on the price of loaded/top trim models? Its like complaining that the Camaro is a 70k car because of the ZL1 convertible, or that Corvettes cost 120 grand because of the ZR1 & ignoring the fact that most cost a lot less than that.
This is just my opinion. And not to get off the OP's subject. but when I see that blazer that is in fact 50K+ MSRP that is made in Mexico (not that I have an entire problem with that, just labor savings is what I'm thinking) and the vehicle is just a hair bigger than the equinox. I have a problem with that. this 50K CUV (I consider it an equinox just a hair bigger) now you are in Tahoe territory. Also, it doesn't negate the fact that we are flooded with these cute tiny cuv's. I can't be the only one that doesn't like these small CUV's.
Don't get me wrong, I think the blazer is a good looking vehicle. just so many cons (again my opinion) that turns me off from it. Price for that is a major part of it.
__________________
Ordered: 1/15/2016
2000 status 02/01/16
3000 status 02/29/16
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:01 PM   #24
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 25,260
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
This is just my opinion. And not to get off the OP's subject. but when I see that blazer that is in fact 50K+ MSRP that is made in Mexico (not that I have an entire problem with that, just labor savings is what I'm thinking) and the vehicle is just a hair bigger than the equinox. I have a problem with that. this 50K CUV (I consider it an equinox just a hair bigger) now you are in Tahoe territory. Also, it doesn't negate the fact that we are flooded with these cute tiny cuv's. I can't be the only one that doesn't like these small CUV's.
Don't get me wrong, I think the blazer is a good looking vehicle. just so many cons (again my opinion) that turns me off from it. Price for that is a major part of it.
If you don't want a $50,000 Blazer then don't option it out to that much. Base price is 30 grand, which is a few grand more than the Equinox -but well short of Tahoes. And don't forget that you can get an Equinox up past $45k if you ever wanted to. Again, its like complaining that Camaros are 70 grand. Some? Yes. Most? No.

The Blazer isn't tiny either. Its bigger than the Equinox and thats not overly small either. The Trax? Those things are tiny. The Blazer is slightly bigger than the last generation Equinox but the current ones shrunk a bit in order to make for more room between it an the Traverse (which managed to get even bigger). Actually, when I was looking up the specs, I see that the new Blazer is a few inches longer (both wheelbase & total) than the old K5 (aka 'big') Blazer. It is a little narrower though and quite a bit lower. So depending on how you're defining big, it could be considered bigger than the Big Blaze ... which just feels downright weird.







Anywhoo ... mid engined C8 Corvette in July. Any guesses as to where the reveal is going to happen?
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:42 PM   #25
1COR.1:18
Whosoever Will
 
1COR.1:18's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT Victory Red
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Eastpointe
Posts: 654
Death of an American icon.
What a shame. Sad day.
1COR.1:18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:32 PM   #26
JhonnyGTR
 
Drives: La Macarena
Join Date: May 2018
Location: San Pedro De Macorís
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1COR.1:18 View Post
Death of an American icon.
What a shame. Sad day.
Ok
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:36 PM   #27
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 Envoy, '07 F-150, '14 Charger
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 36,182
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
Ok

__________________

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:42 AM   #28
xc_SS/RS


 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: somewhere in MD
Posts: 4,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Any guesses as to where the reveal is going to happen?
i would say NY but they already had the soft reveal there... where was the ZR1 revealed?

would you say the C5/C6/C7 cars will lose a bit of value due to the mid-engined car coming? i hope so, wouldn't mind a Corvette lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1COR.1:18 View Post
Death of an American icon.
What a shame. Sad day.
is it really that bad though? honestly asking because this was inevitable if GM wanted the brand/model to remain competitive in the real world and on the race track. the current layout was maxed with little room to improve it and with the Camaro now creeping up on the C7 performance it needed it be done. in my opinion at least...
__________________
2010 2SS/RS
Z/28 intake, ported TB, vr wedge, rod-mod intake, speed engineering LT's, NPP catback, ATI -10% pulley, MGW shifter, 160* t-stat, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.72 @112.36 - improvements coming
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.