Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 08-13-2016, 06:19 AM   #57
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
That's a poor choice; the Blackhawks have been called the 'Hawks for a long time.

The colors for the Sinbin uni are absolutely awful. This is not the IHL. They want bold and powerful colors. 'Peregines' is awkward and what would they be called, "Perries"?

The bottom line is that the name is probably already chosen. Even when a "fan contest" was held for the Lightning's name, it was a sham. The name had already been decided on. That's according to Phil Esposito.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:55 PM   #58
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
well they went with Golden knights, but they may have to change that now. lol
Old 12-01-2016, 11:17 AM   #59
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
The last I read the Army was "looking into" Vegas using the name.

There's also some pretty interesting things that will happen as Vegas forms it's team. Every existing NHL team needs to make so many players available for Vegas to choose from. Now you can protect certain players and obviously that will happen so they can't just pick the best player off each team. But this process is foreign to me.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:31 PM   #60
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
The last I read the Army was "looking into" Vegas using the name.

There's also some pretty interesting things that will happen as Vegas forms it's team. Every existing NHL team needs to make so many players available for Vegas to choose from. Now you can protect certain players and obviously that will happen so they can't just pick the best player off each team. But this process is foreign to me.
Here you go this is the process/formula to be used

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-expansi...es/c-281010592
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 08:14 AM   #61
detamble13

Thanks for the link. A lot of info there
Old 01-01-2017, 10:56 PM   #62
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
There needs to be a team in West Virginia we always get under estimated for example the greenbrier is one of the nicest resorts in the country but I do love the penguins
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:28 AM   #63
detamble13

West Virginia is within driving distance of the Penguins, Capitals or Blue Jackets. Not exactly a short drive depending on where you are in the state but it's possible. There would have to be a lot of money thrown at the NHL to put a team in your state.

Off topic: The World Junior Hockey Championship is on right now. USA faces Russia tomorrow afternoon and Canada plays Sweden tomorrow night. Winners will play for gold. The future NHL players can be seen here.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:51 AM   #64
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by The camaro show View Post
There needs to be a team in West Virginia we always get under estimated for example the greenbrier is one of the nicest resorts in the country but I do love the penguins
There are plenty of other states with no major sports teams.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 10:30 PM   #65
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Need to update this thread title. Also, all season tickets next season have sold out.

No matter what happens this season, it was a HUGE success! Go Knights!!!
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2018, 06:51 AM   #66
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
It was very, very heavily tilted in their favor compared to other expansion teams, but after watching the way they honor their first responders, I say Go Knights!!!
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:15 AM   #67
detamble13

I've been waiting for the conclusion of this story to update this thread. Their first season has set the bar very high for every expansion team to come, in any sport.
While my initial reaction to Vegas getting a hockey team was negative, I have to respect what they've done here. And the fans seem to be loving it too.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:11 AM   #68
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
It was very, very heavily tilted in their favor compared to other expansion teams, but after watching the way they honor their first responders, I say Go Knights!!!
Expansion team? Not even close...

This team was loaded from day one....no other expansion team in ANY sport had this kind of heavy tilt for their setup....
Old 05-14-2018, 06:18 PM   #69
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
They had advantages no one has had before, but they were very smart in the way they went about drafting and taking on unwanted contracts in exchange for other players they wanted being left available.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:26 PM   #70
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
Well as a hockey player myself for 12 years and a 3 time hockey state champ and a pens fan I want the knights to win thy have alot of talent and a lot behind them with a lot of players getting traded and them wanting to show their old teams what a mistake it was. But I think jets will win they have one good team on the road.
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote