Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-07-2014, 02:00 AM   #1
FASSTCLASS
Seeking that Sick combo

Drives: 10 CAMARO A6 SS/RS 2.8 KENNEBELL SC
Question Installed 275/40/20 rear nexen tires and feel like drifting!

Hi own a 2010ss/rs A6, hope someone can throw some useful info. A couple days ago changed the fully worn rear pzeros and installed a pair of 275/40/20 nexens high performance tires. The problem is that just before the tire change, although the tires were completely worn, traction and cornering where just excellent, have eibachs prokit and complete cradle bushing upgrade. After the change the car feels like if it has flat tires in the rear and without any great amount of speed cornering the traction light flashes and limits my turns. Even if i turn every assist control off i still feel that funny rear rocking sensation. Yes there is a +200 threadwear difference but just guessing, is not a valid justification for the problem. Most disturbing of all today taking a a downhill loop at about 25-35 mph the car emitted a high pitch loud noise like metal to metal and almost had me hit the wall to the outer side of the turn. Getting a pair of new pzeros just to discard a tire related issue doesn't seems affordable for the moment. Thanks so much!!
FASSTCLASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:03 AM   #2
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Check lugs and tire pressure
Old 08-07-2014, 02:04 PM   #3
Chris14RS

Drives: RRM RS v6
I'm betting the su1 nexen same size put on tomorrow. I hope they're good.
BARTON SS
Airlift Suspension V2

Niche Targa 20x10.5
Chris14RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:57 PM   #4
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
Check lugs and tire pressure
This.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 03:25 PM   #5
FASSTCLASS
Seeking that Sick combo

Drives: 10 CAMARO A6 SS/RS 2.8 KENNEBELL SC
Thank for your replies. A Week before a local shop had gears changed . Returned The car to the shop told me needed calibration, not the tire pressure nor the torque on the nuts. Have it picked two days later and the car feels just fine. Nexens do the job. Of course out of the strip.
10 CAMARO SS/RS, 2.8lc KB SC, LETHAL RACING NF BLOWER CAM, IW 10% UD 8 RIB, 1LE GEARED, ZEX FED, EIBACH PROKIT, BMR CRADLE BUSHINGS & MOTOR MOUNTS, PRECISION I. 3200 STALL, COOLINGMIST WATHERMETH, TS P 2" LTH, 3" STAINLESS DECATED CATBACK, CENTURY PERFORMANCE A6 TRANS, HP TUNERS CUSTOM TUNED.
FASSTCLASS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nexen abs tc