Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 08-10-2017, 05:32 PM   #1
Davids_LS3

Drives: Just a v8 that wakes the dead.
RXT or OEM clutch for a daily driven full bolt on SS?

My 2014 Camaro SS is in need of a new clutch at 41k miles (my wife learning to drive it and spirited driving are the culprits). Ive read good things about the Mcloed RXT twin disk clutch but I dont know if I need the upgrade over OE since the car is daily driven 100% of the time (no track/drag racing,) and is only full bolt ons. I'd like to do FI in the future (4 years from now) but i'd like to kill 2 birds with one stone right now with this clutch.

Question:
-Anyone with the RXT clutch, how is it to daily drive in comparison to the OE clutch? (In terms of engagement not pedal stiffness i.e bucking, chatter, etc)
-Do i need more HP in order for this clutch to run smoothly with my SS?
-Should I also upgrade my slave cylinder with a billet release bearing support from monster?

Davids_LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:40 PM   #2
Slickcas

Drives: 12' 2SS/RS LS3 IBM
The Monster LT1 is a very good one and drives like stock. The RTX is also very good little stiffer. Both are rated the same. Can not go wrong with either.
Slickcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:34 PM   #3
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
I have a gently used Centerforce DYAD, I swapped to auto. Half the price of with options you are looking at. We can meet half half between H-town and Dallas if you are interested.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote