Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-04-2010, 12:09 PM   #1
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
Where to get brembo stencils/stickers?

I've searched just about every thread on this site,and spent hours on the web looking for the right size brembo stickers or stencils--and I can't find ANYTHING! Don't suggest "Chad" on e-bay--he's unreliable, and doesn't have a clue.

I powdercoated my calipers and ordered a set of decals from e-bay. The larger of the 2 was OK for the rear calipers, but I haven't found any bigger than 3.25" for the fronts. My best guess is the fronts need to be about 4.25" in length, but I find NOTHING that size ANYWHERE. Does anyone know where I can find either hi-temp decals or stencils that big?

I'm even willing to try to download an image of the brembo logo and try to hand cut a stencil with an exacto knife if necessary, but I can't even find a downloadable image of the logo. Maybe a local sign shop can custom make some stencils?

Help from you web experts is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:19 PM   #2
gHoSt437

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS
I just ordered a set from http://www.xenonmods.com/newallcaliperdecals.htm. They have a nice selection of colors and sizes, largest is 4x.93 though I just stuck with the default 3.5x.81 they offered. Getting mine powdercoated in about 2 weeks when I upgrade to some Brembo slotted rotors and Hawk ceramic pads.
gHoSt437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:40 PM   #3
My 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by gHoSt437 View Post
I just ordered a set from http://www.xenonmods.com/newallcaliperdecals.htm. They have a nice selection of colors and sizes, largest is 4x.93 though I just stuck with the default 3.5x.81 they offered. Getting mine powdercoated in about 2 weeks when I upgrade to some Brembo slotted rotors and Hawk ceramic pads.
thanks for the tip. I ordered a set of the 4", which I think will fit the front calipers better. I have the 3.25" on the rear calipers, and in a pinch, I think they would be marginally OK on the fronts, but I'm gonna try the bigger ones. Another thought, when you get to my age you need bigger type fonts just to read 'em!
Old 10-07-2010, 03:34 PM   #4
My 5th

Just did a little googling on Xenonmods.com. Not too good. There are quite a few complaints about goods not shipped and poor response to complaints. I may be out $8.99. I would recommend caution when dealing with this outfit. I'm not steamed about the money, I am more frustrated about the difficulty in finding the right size stickers.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
alfie43

Drives: S/C 2SS/RS Camaro-6M-VicRed
Send a message via ICQ to alfie43
Quote:
Originally Posted by My 5th View Post
I've searched just about every thread on this site,and spent hours on the web looking for the right size brembo stickers or stencils--and I can't find ANYTHING! Don't suggest "Chad" on e-bay--he's unreliable, and doesn't have a clue.

I powdercoated my calipers and ordered a set of decals from e-bay. The larger of the 2 was OK for the rear calipers, but I haven't found any bigger than 3.25" for the fronts. My best guess is the fronts need to be about 4.25" in length, but I find NOTHING that size ANYWHERE. Does anyone know where I can find either hi-temp decals or stencils that big?

I'm even willing to try to download an image of the brembo logo and try to hand cut a stencil with an exacto knife if necessary, but I can't even find a downloadable image of the logo. Maybe a local sign shop can custom make some stencils?

Help from you web experts is greatly appreciated.
Perhaps you've seen these on eBay?
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?rt=nc&LH....c0.m301&_vc=1
I got mine from one of these 450 sellers over a year ago with no issues. They advertise any size. Are you saying none of these sellers have 4.25" decals?
Alfie
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #6
mbrusco103

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS (M6) 427 Twin Turbo
i remember seeing someone with Chevrolet and Brembo stickers on their painted calipers and it looked really good but idk where they got them from

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS ERL 427 M6 TT
-AGP Twin Turbo 55/57 .83ar | ERL 427ci | Squash Fuel System | Stainless Works Chambered 3" | Mcleod RXT | Factory Hurst Short Throw | Black Forgestar F14s | CTS V 6 Piston Brembo | VIS AMS Carbon Fiber Hood | Anvil Carbon Fiber Spoiler
mbrusco103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #7
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
I got mine on ebay for $8 shipped.

Havn't put them on yet tho.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #8
gHoSt437

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Just did a little googling on Xenonmods.com. Not too good. There are quite a few complaints about goods not shipped and poor response to complaints. I may be out $8.99. I would recommend caution when dealing with this outfit. I'm not steamed about the money, I am more frustrated about the difficulty in finding the right size stickers.
I just got mine yesterday in the mail so an 8 day order to delivery wasn't to bad. They look about the same as the the 2 that came with the brembo rotors I ordered (though those are red and I ordered white from xenon). I took a few days vacation next week to do my brake upgrade, and the turn around on powdercoating the calipers (gloss black, & my only vehicle) so once I get them on I'll post some pics.
gHoSt437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:56 AM   #9
Chris_B

Drives: Several
Quote:
The reason why many of these guys are flaky is that they are breaking federal trademark laws. They will switch user ID's and addresses based on how hard Brembo's attorneys are chasing them at the moment.
Chris_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:21 PM   #10
My 5th

Well, I have to eat some crow about Xenonods, because today my stickers came in the mail! I won't be able to apply them for a couple of days, but at least they delivered. Took over a week though, with no confirmation or communication from them at all.

Alfie: Yes I've seen many of those e-bay vendors--there's so many of them it's dizzying to even look. And no, NONE of them had 4 1/4" sizes listed. Several claimed they had "any size you want". but after my experience with "Chad" I wasn't willing to take a chance. The ones I got today are 4" in length--that's gonna have to do at this point.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:45 AM   #11
alfie43

Drives: S/C 2SS/RS Camaro-6M-VicRed
Send a message via ICQ to alfie43
Quote:
Well, I have to eat some crow about Xenonods, because today my stickers came in the mail! I won't be able to apply them for a couple of days, but at least they delivered. Took over a week though, with no confirmation or communication from them at all.

Alfie: Yes I've seen many of those e-bay vendors--there's so many of them it's dizzying to even look. And no, NONE of them had 4 1/4" sizes listed. Several claimed they had "any size you want". but after my experience with "Chad" I wasn't willing to take a chance. The ones I got today are 4" in length--that's gonna have to do at this point.
Glad it worked out.

BTW: A 62 Studebaker Lark Daytona? Wow, cool! Man, you must be as old as I am. There are many here that don't know what a Stude is.

I have a friend that has a '86 Grand National. This car runs in the 11s. He recently raced and blew the doors off a hot turbo import. The kid in the Honda pulled him over and asked, "What kind of car is that? A Buick? What the hell is a Buick?".

Alfie
Old 10-14-2010, 07:42 PM   #12
My 5th

That Studebaker was way ahead of its time. Had the Avanti 289 and Borg Warner Super T-10 4-speed in it. It had a red & white leather interior with front bucket seats that reclined all the way back to the back seats (what a useful thing for a hormone riddled teenager). It had a Hill-Holder clutch that kept the car from rolling backwards on a hill with your foot off the brake, and it was FAST! I remember beating a 63 327 Corvette with it (on a private lane of course). It might have been "ugly" to some, but to me it had real character.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:42 PM   #13
thedonkeyslayer

Drives: XK 4x4 Ordered '11 2SS/RS SW LS3
Quote:
thanks for the tip. I ordered a set of the 4", which I think will fit the front calipers better. I have the 3.25" on the rear calipers, and in a pinch, I think they would be marginally OK on the fronts, but I'm gonna try the bigger ones. Another thought, when you get to my age you need bigger type fonts just to read 'em!
How did the 4" work for you? Are they too big for the rear calipers?

I just purchased these in red as I'm going to paint my calipers black to match the wheels (that I also intend to paint black).

Thanks
thedonkeyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #14
My 5th

I put the 4" on the front only, left the 3.25" on the rears. I think the larger ones would physically fit on the rears, but I think they would look too big. I'll post some pics tomorrow and you can compare and see.