Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 03-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #225
FASST 1

Drives: Black 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
That's all well and good but don't confuse "making as much horsepower as" with "having as much power as". A light weight cobra is much quicker/faster with less hp than an ss is with more.

Sent while on baby duty.... please sleep
When did this become a Mustang forum? Don't you guys have your own place to state how wonderful your Mustangs are/were? This is our forum

btw it did not cost me all that much to get to 560 rwhp and I have not seen many Mustangs or Cobras at the track running in the 10s. Maybe I have just not been there on the right day?
Old 03-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #226
cam99

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASST 1 View Post
When did this become a Mustang forum? Don't you guys have your own place to state how wonderful your Mustangs are/were? This is our forum

btw it did not cost me all that much to get to 560 rwhp and I have not seen many Mustangs or Cobras at the track running in the 10s. Maybe I have just not been there on the right day?
Honest to God it bothers you to be reminded that there are other cars in this world besides Camaro's. I used to post all the time on the Mach1 registry (sorry to bring that up) and that place was NOTHING spoke about other than 03-04 Mach's and it became the most boring site I've ever been on. How many threads of" hey I just got a camaro and want to know which cai is best, or which catback sounds the best, look at my colored bowtie" etc over and over again do you need to read. I bet it cost less to make my GT500 550 RWHP than you spent ( upper pulley, catless mid(actually made money selling my stock cats and buying catless mid), cai, and tune). I have yet to see a Camaro crack 10's at the track, so I must be going on the wrong day myself. None of this cures the current stangs case of the uglies, so hence owning the Camaro now

2012 ZL1 (sold)
JRE 75rwhp kit
catless
ported lsa TB

11.04 @ 128.35
on hoosier drs and skinnies
@ PRP with 1100DA
cam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #227
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:

Easy dude... First, I've never owned a Mustang. Second, this is a social thread, what's wrong with a little mustang chat?

I'd rather talk about that then try to convince everyone the camaro is an end all be all exotic.

To the guys with the mustangs... Carry on. Nothing like a little friendly banter. Oh and tho it's my dads, these two have shared the garage more than once. 2007 Saleen supercharged GT.

IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #228
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam99 View Post
Honest to God it bothers you to be reminded that there are other cars in this world besides Camaro's. I used to post all the time on the Mach1 registry (sorry to bring that up) and that place was NOTHING spoke about other than 03-04 Mach's and it became the most boring site I've ever been on. How many threads of" hey I just got a camaro and want to know which cai is best, or which catback sounds the best, look at my colored bowtie" etc over and over again do you need to read. I bet it cost less to make my GT500 550 RWHP than you spent ( upper pulley, catless mid(actually made money selling my stock cats and buying catless mid), cai, and tune). I have yet to see a Camaro crack 10's at the track, so I must be going on the wrong day myself. None of this cures the current stangs case of the uglies, so hence owning the Camaro now
and at several parts!!!

Old 03-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #229
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
Quote:

This is why a lot of Gen5 owners are called snobs... not only by 1st-4th gen Camaro owners, but drivers of other makes as well. In the end we are all car guys/girls and talking about cars is what it's about. A conversation here and there about other cars or old memories of what some of us used to own (never a mustang in my case, fyi) is in no way unwelcome in my opinion.

Quote:
Couldn't have said it better!

On a side note... will a CAI or catback void my warranty?
Old 03-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #230
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by velociSSimo View Post
This is why a lot of Gen5 owners are called snobs... not only by 1st-4th gen Camaro owners, but drivers of other makes as well. In the end we are all car guys/girls and talking about cars is what it's about. A conversation here and there about other cars or old memories of what some of us used to own (never a mustang in my case, fyi) is in no way unwelcome in my opinion.
I agree 100%. It's no wonder why so many 1st-4th gen owners laugh at the 5th Gen community. I've never experienced so many elitist and self proclaimed "muscle car" people as I have here. The whole "5th Gen Camaro is the greatest thing since sliced bread" mentality is laughable at best. I'd much prefer a little friendly banter between two rival car owner's rather than having to see/hear about another Camaro on 26s, or why don't people wave at me and compliment my car, etc.

I love my Camaro, but I respect both the Challenger and Mustang as well. The current HP war wouldn't exist if we didn't have the rivalry and competition from the Mustang and Chally.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #231
cam99

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
I'd much prefer a little friendly banter between two rival car owner's
One of my good friends now was someone I met on SRT forums war stories section. It was great fun shit talking about our cars , even though mine was obviously far superior to a FWD skittle. Resulted in a summer of one-upmanship and some great racing and a friendship that I still have.

2012 ZL1 (sold)
JRE 75rwhp kit
catless
ported lsa TB

11.04 @ 128.35
on hoosier drs and skinnies
@ PRP with 1100DA
cam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:00 PM   #232
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Drives: 2016 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I know Witt personally outside of the forum. We're both "car guys" by any definition of the term. As the others stated, it's nice to talk about cars, no matter the make and model. If this place turned into a Camaro-only forum, then I'd be out of here along with some others.

Anyway, Autoality sounds good for this weekend Al. Just let me know when. And again, anyone is welcome to join us for a quick trip out there. They have some amazing supplies and (thanks to Witt and his not-so-welcome Mustang) some decent discounts. Just tell them you're on SteelCityStangs and you get 10% off .
Old 03-14-2012, 11:08 PM   #233
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
One of my good friends now was someone I met on SRT forums war stories section. It was great fun shit talking about our cars , even though mine was obviously far superior to a FWD skittle. Resulted in a summer of one-upmanship and some great racing and a friendship that I still have.
That's what I'm talking about! Very cool!
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:12 AM   #234
FASST 1

Drives: Black 1SS
There we go guys. Isn't talking smack more fun than the lovefest that was going on! No one had anything to say. Now look at all the conversation.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #235
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Lol!

Old 03-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #236
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
Old 03-15-2012, 07:48 AM   #237
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by velociSSimo View Post
On a side note... will a CAI or catback void my warranty?
...Not sure if serious based on this conversation lol...
Old 03-15-2012, 07:49 AM   #238
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
...Not sure if serious based on this conversation lol...
Not serious. Lol