Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-15-2014, 01:56 PM   #1
VRYALT3R3D

Drives: 2015 GT, 1LE next?
How many Z/28s for Canada?

Anyone know?
VRYALT3R3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:04 PM   #2
Caswell239

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Caswell239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:12 PM   #3
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caswell239 View Post
Assuming this number is wrong by a factor of 10, still, how in the world can anyone argue the Z/28 will not appreciate in value on an MSRP purchase? One could argue it has appreciated when you drive it off the lot.
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:20 PM   #4
VRYALT3R3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebrinda View Post
Assuming this number is wrong by a factor of 10, still, how in the world can anyone argue the Z/28 will not appreciate in value on an MSRP purchase? One could argue it has appreciated when you drive it off the lot.
What domestic car built in the last 20 years appreciated in value?

Pretty much only one, the Ford GT.

Buying a car like this is a horrible investment. Of course it is going to depreciate. Even desirable Mustangs like the 2000 Cobra R, 1993 Cobra R never appreciated in value.

I hope the people who plan on buying their Z/28s actually enjoy it for its intended to purpose instead of rotting in a garage hoping it appreciates....

I know that if I buy one, I would drive it as much as possible. On the track and on the street.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:25 PM   #5
Mikebrinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRYALT3R3D View Post
What domestic car built in the last 20 years appreciated in value?

Pretty much only one, the Ford GT.

Buying a car like this is a horrible investment. Of course it is going to depreciate. Even desirable Mustangs like the 2000 Cobra R, 1993 Cobra R never appreciated in value.

I hope the people who plan on buying their Z/28s actually enjoy it for its intended to purpose instead of rotting in a garage hoping it appreciates....

I know that if I buy one, I would drive it as much as possible. On the track and on the street.
Besides there not being any reason that the more limited production 2014 Z/28 will not follow the Ford GT in appreciation, there is a saying in investing, especially value investing:

"Past Performance Is Not an Indication of Future Results"

And so my purchase intentions are not misunderstand, personally I will drive my car.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:38 PM   #6
VRYALT3R3D

The Ford GT was an exotic hand built car that was over engineered straight from the factory. It is desirable because Ford built nothing like it since and probably wont in the future.

It is silly to compare the Z/28 to a Ford GT. The nearest competition would be the 2000 Cobra R and 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca. Which both didn't appreciate, and wont in the future.

For a car to appreciate, it has to be -rare- and desirable. Right now the Z/28 is rare only because of low production numbers from GM.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:40 PM   #7
Mikebrinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRYALT3R3D View Post
The Ford GT was an exotic hand built car that was over engineered straight from the factory. It is desirable because Ford built nothing like it since and probably wont in the future.

It is silly to compare the Z/28 to a Ford GT. The nearest competition would be the 2000 Cobra R and 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca. Which both didn't appreciate, and wont in the future.

For a car to appreciate, it has to be -rare- and desirable. Right now the Z/28 is rare only because of low production numbers from GM.
We will disagree and let time decide.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:49 PM   #8
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
don't really know it will be less than 50??
rare or not, if i would have the $$$ .i would grab one of the few that comes over here &drive the wheels off everyday, and in snow too, with 4 blizzaks &burn lots of fuel!!!

cause we have only one life to live.
why save the car for the other guy???

what's your pleasure ? sit and looking at it while you grow old and sick?
drive the hell out of it, when you got health !!
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:40 PM   #9
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
To "answer" the initial question, take the % of Camaros sold in Canada vs. Total Production. Apply that % to the likely production of Z/28s...

I think, like the US, the actual number available in Canada will be less than 1 per dealer and, as we know, some dealers will have several allocated...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote