Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-17-2018, 10:46 PM   #1
2010ssmaro

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
What would you do?

Need some advice.... bought a part from someone on craigslist but was smart and did a digital transaction. I asked several times if everything was good and was assured the part was in perfect working order. Should I file a claim with paypal since the guy wont return my texts/calls. He said he would take care of it but it's been over 2 weeks since ive heard from him.. I used paypal in the unlikely event something like this would happen! Just tired of buying other peoples junk on craigslist / ebay trying to save a buck. No more for me such a hassle....
2010ssmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:51 PM   #2
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
If you don't file a claim, you'll get nothing if the part never shows. Pretty clear cut you need to start a dispute.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:10 PM   #3
2010ssmaro

I received the part sorry I left that out the part was missing things and modified from previous install. I have been trying to get it working but missing connections and parts. I'm just ready to move on and upset the seller isnt trying to make it right. Even admitted he was wrong in emails which I saved just thinking it's better to make a claim now before it's to late 2 weeks is more than long enough to hear back right?
Old 10-17-2018, 11:27 PM   #4
0-120

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS LS3
Yes make the claim
Old 10-17-2018, 11:52 PM   #5
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
I only buy local with Craigslist. It really is people unloading their crap. I’m very careful on eBay and mostly stick to Amazon. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gone to a major retailer looking for a common item and have been told to try the Internet. Other than the dollar stores on every block, retail is dead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:18 AM   #6
Tyestick

Drives: 19’ Camaro SS 1LE
You can start a claim through PayPal, but it won’t guarantee that you’ll get your money back. Even if PayPal awards the claim in your favor, if there’s no money in his account, there will be nothing for PayPal to award you.

If your claim fails, you could try a chargeback through your bank.

Other than that, just be a bit more cautious when doing non-local craigslist deals.
Tyestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:23 AM   #7
Level300

Drives: 2015 Black rs/ss/1le
Unless you used a credit card, you’re done. If so, call the credit card company and report it as fraud. You will most likely get your money back if it’s a bigger bank. Just watch the time. You may have a time limit in reporting fraud.
Level300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:42 AM   #8
2010ssmaro

I used my discover card through paypal. I think I might do a chargeback as tyestick has stated. Cause he already admitted he spent the money and wont give me a refund.... it's been about 45 days since the transaction I think most credit card companies are like 3 months for fraud reporting.? I kept all our correspondence emails. it's been 2 weeks since he spoke to me so time to take action!
Old 10-18-2018, 07:26 AM   #9
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
File the claim with paypal. They will refund you the money if you can prove everything you have said.
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:28 AM   #10
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talladega View Post
File the claim with paypal. They will refund you the money if you can prove everything you have said.
^^^^^ This ^^^^
Old 10-18-2018, 01:20 PM   #11
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
Tyestick is right on. Make sure that all online transactions are done with your credit card, not debit card. This dispute process is part of the service agreement and has been for years. The process is done by the card company, not your bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:18 PM   #12
2010ssmaro

I am gonna dispute the charges. thanks for all the advice. I really wanted to give the guy a chance. but not replying to me has forced me to take it up a level. Glad I used my credit card and not my debit....
Old 10-18-2018, 07:58 PM   #13
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Paypal almost always sides with the buyer. I had to file a claim last year after I bought some headlights for my truck in "perfect condition" only to find out one of them had a burn mark in the center of the lens and major condensation issues. Paypal immediately sent me a refund, before I even sent them back. In fact, I refused to send them back until the seller agreed to pay the return shipping. It worked out great for me but unfortunately scammers have used this "buyer is always right" policy to rip off sellers too. My coworker sold his iPhone via Paypal, the buyer claimed it was DOA and filed a claim. He immediately got his money refunded and supposedly shipped the phone back. However when the package arrived, my coworker opened it up and it was empty. He fought like hell with Paypal but they never did a thing about it.
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:07 PM   #14
2010ssmaro

People are liars now a days and it makes me angry. I used to like to buy used to help out fellow gear heads. But I have had a losing streak the last few times and I'm done with this. New products only for me even if it means saving for longer....