Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
Danny Thomas

Drives: 67 RS, 81 Turbo TA, 2010 ABM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Danny Thomas
******** Amp Replacement Instructions

Does anyone have a post or copy of directions for Amp Replacement from ********. Got the FARK 5 kit but no instructions. Looked at other post and his site with no real information. It would be so simple to write the instructions on paper and go to Kinkos and make copies to put in every package. Would save so much time not wasting on internet looking for instructions.

Questions I have are ;
1. Is the striped speakers wires the positive side

2. what is the resistor for and how does it hook up

3. If I want to keep center speaker how do I jump it

Kit looks great, just want to insure I have no problem with the new JL400
Danny Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:44 AM   #2
kaveduck
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS V8- IOM
Steve, I purchased some of your enclosures and will be purchasing the plug and play factory amp wire soon... (my custom build is being put on the backburner). Will you PM me the link of the setup, I haven't printed it yet, and if you have changed the address I'll need it

PS - the 12 inch stealthbox you make is amazing!
kaveduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:20 AM   #3
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Thomas View Post
Does anyone have a post or copy of directions for Amp Replacement from ********. Got the FARK 5 kit but no instructions. Looked at other post and his site with no real information. It would be so simple to write the instructions on paper and go to Kinkos and make copies to put in every package. Would save so much time not wasting on internet looking for instructions.

Questions I have are ;
1. Is the striped speakers wires the positive side

2. what is the resistor for and how does it hook up

3. If I want to keep center speaker how do I jump it

Kit looks great, just want to insure I have no problem with the new JL400
there was a small piece of paper in my order from ******** with a link to his website that contained instructions. if not, email ********, he will send you the link.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:22 AM   #4
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by justa25thTA View Post
there was a small piece of paper in my order from ******** with a link to his website that contained instructions. if not, email ********, he will send you the link.

Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:03 AM   #5
Danny Thomas

How Bout Some Instructions

I already went to the site that the piece of page told me..********.com/pages.php?pID=6&CDpath=0 and it details about ******** box installation. Unless there are other pages this site is worthless. I need wiring info and questions answered. I would think Steve could have just answered my post than just telling me to go to that site. It was three lousy questions.

Put instructions in the kit...make your and our life simple...we paid for it so just supply it. Every post I read had the same old line...Need Instructions

Where does the resistor hook up and what does it do?
Are the strip or solid speaker wire the negatives?
Can you jump center channel so it works?

Someone please response since ******** won't
Old 04-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #6
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
I already personally e-mailed the link to the instructions to you. Should be all you need.

Print instructions are actually quite costly and you have to watch the vid to fully understand it anyway--so that is why we link back to the website instructions and video links. Everything is explained in the instructions in pretty good detail IMO. Others have found it quite useful.

If you still want me to answer your questions:

A. GROUND, see video that I shot from weblink, it's explained quite well IMO
B. Solids are + Stripes are -. Just like any other car audio wiring
C. You are on your own with center channel. The consensus was that it is a waste and therefore our 4 channel kit does not power the 5th speaker.

Last edited by Steve@Subthump; 04-27-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #7
Danny Thomas

Steve sorry you took offense, but I have read every post and watched your u tube video and in not one thing did I find answers to any of my questions. I already knew the basics and needed answers. I pmed you 2 weeks ago without response before I decided to go this route. I bought your sub box and first harness and was pleased with the easiness of install. You say instructions are expensive, then make a site that is easy to retrieve online. I did online search on Camaro5 with no luck. All im saying is it would make everyone's life simplier if we could know how to get the job done without bothering you or wasting time searching tbe internet. And by the way, you invested 10,000 so you could make money off people like me. Keep us happy and we keep coming back and recommend your products to others. I have alot of connections in the Camaro world and know the editor of CamaroPerformers as a good personal friend. So if my 2010 every gets put in an issue, I would like to be able to say good things about all the people that helped mod it. Thanks for answering my questions and I will then judge if it was worth it after the install.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:37 PM   #8
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Thomas View Post
Steve sorry you took offense, but I have read every post and watched your u tube video and in not one thing did I find answers to any of my questions. I already knew the basics and needed answers. I pmed you 2 weeks ago without response before I decided to go this route. I bought your sub box and first harness and was pleased with the easiness of install. You say instructions are expensive, then make a site that is easy to retrieve online. I did online search on Camaro5 with no luck. All im saying is it would make everyone's life simplier if we could know how to get the job done without bothering you or wasting time searching tbe internet. And by the way, you invested 10,000 so you could make money off people like me. Keep us happy and we keep coming back and recommend your products to others. I have alot of connections in the Camaro world and know the editor of CamaroPerformers as a good personal friend. So if my 2010 every gets put in an issue, I would like to be able to say good things about all the people that helped mod it. Thanks for answering my questions and I will then judge if it was worth it after the install.
@Danny-
I am a huge advocate of ******** products and while I see your point in what you are saying I have one in return. It is a fine line when dealing with the internet and running a small company since "imitation is the greatest form of flattery". There have already been imitators of the ******** product popping up on ebay. If Steve makes it "too" easy to get a hold of information then it also becomes too easy to replicate his products.

While I assume he could do things to prevent this, it would eat into his profit margin, increase his prices and big picture just make things suck all around. This is something I think he battles with on a constant basis so understanding this I can see why he buries some things within the website.

He makes a good product and has done good things for the camaro audio community, I believe you will enjoy his products.

Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:40 AM   #9
Danny Thomas

I agree 100% and now that he emailed the correct internet stream to theinstallation video all is good. Maybe I was sent the wrong piece of paper. Shouldnt be so hard to get answers or take an attitude when I ask questions. Love the products and will continue to support.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:05 AM   #10
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
I hope that you're able to get your amp installed now. Let us know how you like the sound! Of course, you're gonna have to fiddle with the gain and filter freq. settings, but here's some suggestions to go off of:

http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142424

Old 04-30-2011, 09:22 PM   #11
Danny Thomas

Did the install and it's definitely an improvement. I still have adjusting to do but overall the speakers woke up. Sucky part is I have to uninstall my ******** box to adjust amp. I think I still want center working.