Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 02-17-2015, 04:40 PM   #1
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Question JRE v.s. RDP?

Which custom tune is better? The Jannetty one or RPD tune by dynosteve? What are the pros and cons?

Also, is there maybe a better custom tune I can get? (not a dyno tune)

edit: my mods are gonna be TSP LT headers with highflow cats, JBA catback and CIA. Don't plan on going further..

Homeless Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 04:47 PM   #2
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post

edit: my mods are gonna be TSP LT headers with highflow cats, JBA catback and CIA. Don't plan on going further..

I swear to God that's exactly what I said. Until I woke up realized, I need more horsepower.

To answer your question, there has been nothing but good things said about both of these companies from what I've seen lurking around here.

There is however... a lot more feedback overall for JRE.

JRE Tune
https://www.google.com/search?q=site...5.com+jre+tune
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:56 PM   #3
Johnny's_2SS

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 2004 Tahoe
Just got my X4 Tuner from JRE today.
2014 Camaro 2SS black, Recaro seats, NAV, Sunroof, Strut tower brace, Indoor car cover. Accessories: Red Hot engine cover, OE Subwoofer, Brushed Alum pedals, Ambient lighting, OE Battery charger, OE All weather mats, Z/28 CAI, ZL1 Wheels and Tires, Glowtie, ZL1 steering wheel, 1LE steering wheel plate, ZL1 door trim red lights
Johnny's_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:22 PM   #4
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Is there an even better tune than JRE?
Old 02-17-2015, 08:26 PM   #5
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
I would say just pick one. They are both vendors here so they have experience and quality in their tunes. If you look in the feedback section they both have high remarks.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:31 PM   #6
ZOOK

Drives: 2010 2ss 6 speed
Jannetty

Nothing but 100% satisfaction with all the work I've done with Ted

ZOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:01 PM   #7
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Dang I live near Philadelphia (media) I wish they had camaro oriented shops nearby.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:30 PM   #8
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
Dang I live near Philadelphia (media) I wish they had camaro oriented shops nearby.
Race Proven Motorsports right inside Delaware.
Stealthpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:37 PM   #9
JD_Alaska

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Coupe L99
Many very good mail order tunes from vendors on this site. GPI,FSP,Tampa Tuning ect.ect.
JD_Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:42 PM   #10
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Ok which mail order tune do you guys think I should go with? Is Tampa tuning better than JRE?
Old 02-17-2015, 09:49 PM   #11
JD_Alaska

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Coupe L99
Call and speak to a few of the venders, ultimately it's going to be who YOU feel most comfortable with. They are all good or they wouldn't be in business and you would find negative reviews on them. Look at google reviews for the ones your interested in, call them and pick one to do your tuning.
JD_Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:49 PM   #12
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Each tuner use a different program/tuner. So if you don't have that program/tuner you'll have to add that to the cost. Are you planning on doing your own tuning? How many be vehicles will you be tuning?
Contact each of the vendors mention and you'll find out which one is best for you-
IMO you can't miss-
Old 02-17-2015, 10:38 PM   #13
dan0617

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange SS Convertible
I can say I started with a JRE tune, then added headers and converter, then later added an ESC blower kit with ZL1 pump and ADM FPCM, then added a BAP, then upgraded injectors and such again, then added water/meth. Ted has been great working with me and dialing it in after each change. For example, he remote tuned the ECS kit that I bought elsewhere, then later I bought a Mr Freeze water/meth kit, which is all mechanical and not easy to tune as the amount of meth changes as the tank pressurizes. I was determined to use it since there are no electrical parts to fail. He sent me screen clips of the tune software for changing the tables, (like PE vs RPM for example) and took my input on changing them. Hard to explain but I tuned OBD1 stuff so I knew what I was looking at and what I needed, and he was willing to work with me and help me dial it in exact rather than just give me a tune that would work. He was willing to change parameters that are not normally changed, but it is what I needed to have it perfect. Not many tuners are going to do that. I can say, it is perfect, and it is tuned by JRE. I'm now at 14 psi by mildly overspinning a V3 on 93 octane pump gas and water/meth, on a bone stock L99 that hasn't even ever had the intake off. Before the water/meth I was at 12 psi and spraying nitrous. Not many remote tuners will work with what I was and am doing. Can't speak for the other tuner you mentioned but you won't be displeased with JRE.
2011 SS IOM Vert. ECS Vortech 13+ psi, Water/Meth, ID850’s, ZL1 pump with MSD Voltage Booster, 2800 stall, LT headers, Drag radials, Drag alignment, Cradle Bushings. A million other supporting mods. Tuned by Ted.
dan0617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:59 PM   #14
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
There are many tuners out there. FSP and GPI are both great companies that can get you the tune you need. Personally this spring I will be having Rhino79 with GPI retune my car with either EFI or HP tuners.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs

Last edited by rberns; 02-17-2015 at 11:44 PM.
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote