Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-17-2018, 08:25 PM   #1
Jazzzed

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT
Ethanol digital display

I recently installed an e85 kit, and I'm finding that it's a bit of a pain to monitor my ethanol percentage using my handheld tuning device. Has anyone seen or know of a meter that I can install somewhat permanently? In a perfect world it would have some sort of digital display that reads the alcohol % PID off of the OBD2 port. A wireless device that connects to the OBD port through a wifi or bluetooth dongle would be sweet. I've come up empty in internet searches for the most part.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:19 PM   #2
miller8907

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS LS3
I run an Aeroforce Interceptor

https://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_order_gm.html
Old 10-17-2018, 10:31 PM   #3
Jazzzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller8907 View Post
Thats a great suggestion and exactly the type of thing I'm looking for. When I look through their list of supported parameters though, I don't see alcohol percentage as an available option. Are you using your gauge for that purpose? I couldn't tell if you're able to program custom PIDs or not.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:02 AM   #4
jeff657756

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzzed View Post
Thats a great suggestion and exactly the type of thing I'm looking for. When I look through their list of supported parameters though, I don't see alcohol percentage as an available option. Are you using your gauge for that purpose? I couldn't tell if you're able to program custom PIDs or not.
I am using it. As long as its turned on in the tune then alcohol % shows up in the list of parameters. No custom PID needed. I have mine cycling between 4 pages of 8 different paramters every 10 sec or so.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:54 AM   #5
fif_gen_powa

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Turbo
I have an aeroforce interceptor and it does display alcohol % I think the ngauge can as well and it is a better gauge
fif_gen_powa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:26 AM   #6
Jazzzed

This is great! I'll have to take a look at the ngauge, but first a couple questions about the Interceptor.

Do you have to plug/unplug the cable from the ODB2 connector every time you start/shut off the car, or does the gauge turn on and turn off with the car?

Do you need one of their Pods in order to mount the gauge or is there a 2nd option?
Old 10-18-2018, 09:37 AM   #7
fif_gen_powa

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Turbo
Quote:
This is great! I'll have to take a look at the ngauge, but first a couple questions about the Interceptor.

Do you have to plug/unplug the cable from the ODB2 connector every time you start/shut off the car, or does the gauge turn on and turn off with the car?

Do you need one of their Pods in order to mount the gauge or is there a 2nd option?
I leave it plugged into the obd2 port and it turns on and off with the car. It’s a standard size gauge and fits into any of the gauge mounting options. I have mine on steering column and monitor kr and afr and have a warning setup where it flashes if the car goes lean under wot
fif_gen_powa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:29 PM   #8
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
If you don’t have an iPhone you can get the torque app and a WiFi/Bluetooth obd scanner and read the ethanol content that way. I bought a cheap $80 phone just so I could do this. Works great
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:23 PM   #9
Jazzzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyGreenSS View Post
If you don’t have an iPhone you can get the torque app and a WiFi/Bluetooth obd scanner and read the ethanol content that way. I bought a cheap $80 phone just so I could do this. Works great
I have an iPad and Dashcommand, but can't figure out a way to add the PID. It seems that if the PID isn't native to the car's make and model, you can't add it in. Dashcommand's support won't return any emails either. The iPad is a bit too large for this anyway, and I'm really liking the idea of a gauge. But thanks for the suggestion though. If I was on Android I'd consider it.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:24 PM   #10
SynergyGreenSS

Quote:
I have an iPad and Dashcommand, but can't figure out a way to add the PID. It seems that if the PID isn't native to the car's make and model, you can't add it in. Dashcommand's support won't return any emails either. The iPad is a bit too large for this anyway, and I'm really liking the idea of a gauge. But thanks for the suggestion though. If I was on Android I'd consider it.

I tried the same thing but like you, I couldn’t get it to work. Looks like your best bet may be an actual gauge
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
Old 10-18-2018, 06:19 PM   #11
Buschman

Drives: 2018 ZL1 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
I recently installed an e85 kit, and I'm finding that it's a bit of a pain to monitor my ethanol percentage using my handheld tuning device. Has anyone seen or know of a meter that I can install somewhat permanently? In a perfect world it would have some sort of digital display that reads the alcohol % PID off of the OBD2 port. A wireless device that connects to the OBD port through a wifi or bluetooth dongle would be sweet. I've come up empty in internet searches for the most part.

https://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products.php#eth

Buschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:15 PM   #12
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyGreenSS View Post
I might go back to this. The torque app on apply play is a fake app and is not the same real torque app that is android. I did not find an iphone app equal to torque pro. Time to get out that unused galaxy III again.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:21 PM   #13
SynergyGreenSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
I might go back to this. The torque app on apply play is a fake app and is not the same real torque app that is android. I did not find an iphone app equal to torque pro. Time to get out that unused galaxy III again.

Yeah it was really easy to do. Very helpful for those who don’t run full ethanol