Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 02-24-2015, 06:23 PM   #1
comm54
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2SS/RS IBM M6-when she lets me
Chevy Performance Nationals Commerce, GA

We are putting on the Autocross event this year at the Chevy Performance Nationals and wanted to extend an invitation to have some fun with us at the autocross. Here is a link to the event…

http://cpnationals.com/

We will have a lot of awards to give out during the event including a special Hotchkis Cup trophy. We will setup an exciting course that will allow you to really enjoy driving your cars. We will have people on site to help any beginners and to provide instruction if needed. These are timed runs and you will compete in classes to keep things fair, it’s always nice to have bragging rights over your buddies! If you have any questions please let me know and Have A Great Day!

Hope to see you at the Track!!!
Attached Images

Old 02-24-2015, 09:32 PM   #2
Hotchkis

Drives: 1st through 5th gen Camaros
Thanks for sharing this, Rob. We're really excited to be putting on a 3 DAY AUTOCROSS event at the Chevrolet Performance Nationals this year. This event is the largest all-GM event in the country and is sure to bring out some stiff competition. Entry for the event is also an absolute bargain starting at $70 for a single day (either Saturday or Sunday), $100 for two days (Saturday and Sunday) or $125 for all three days (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)! Make sure to sign up now to reserve your spot as they are limited.

There will be class trophies for Modern Muscle, Classic Muscle, Trucks, and Compacts as well as other special recognition trophies. For those ready for the challenge, we will also be awarding the Hotchkis Cup award to the quickest and most consistent driver of the event (quickest combined average lap times for Saturday and Sunday) and there will be more details to follow about that soon.

Head over to: http://www.powermallstore.com/Autocr...Entry_c_1.html and secure your spot today.
Hotchkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:55 AM   #3
comm54
SoCal C5 Family Member

In case you have never been to one of our Autocross events, here's a video from last year, I hope you like it...

Old 02-26-2015, 12:49 PM   #4
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by comm54 View Post
We are putting on the Autocross event this year at the Chevy Performance Nationals and wanted to extend an invitation to have some fun with us at the autocross. Here is a link to the event…

http://cpnationals.com/

We will have a lot of awards to give out during the event including a special Hotchkis Cup trophy. We will setup an exciting course that will allow you to really enjoy driving your cars. We will have people on site to help any beginners and to provide instruction if needed. These are timed runs and you will compete in classes to keep things fair, it’s always nice to have bragging rights over your buddies! If you have any questions please let me know and Have A Great Day!

Hope to see you at the Track!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotchkis View Post
Thanks for sharing this, Rob. We're really excited to be putting on a 3 DAY AUTOCROSS event at the Chevrolet Performance Nationals this year. This event is the largest all-GM event in the country and is sure to bring out some stiff competition. Entry for the event is also an absolute bargain starting at $70 for a single day (either Saturday or Sunday), $100 for two days (Saturday and Sunday) or $125 for all three days (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)! Make sure to sign up now to reserve your spot as they are limited.

There will be class trophies for Modern Muscle, Classic Muscle, Trucks, and Compacts as well as other special recognition trophies. For those ready for the challenge, we will also be awarding the Hotchkis Cup award to the quickest and most consistent driver of the event (quickest combined average lap times for Saturday and Sunday) and there will be more details to follow about that soon.

Head over to: http://www.powermallstore.com/Autocr...Entry_c_1.html and secure your spot today.
I'm local and this looks like great fun! Kind of like the Super Chevy Show of years past.

Guess the thing that's not clear to me is whether there's another fee in addition to the autocross fee for entrance into the event. And also what if you have a passenger that will be attending the event?

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 03:56 PM   #5
comm54
SoCal C5 Family Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
I'm local and this looks like great fun! Kind of like the Super Chevy Show of years past.

Guess the thing that's not clear to me is whether there's another fee in addition to the autocross fee for entrance into the event. And also what if you have a passenger that will be attending the event?
The autocross fee getting you and one passenger into the event!
Old 02-27-2015, 06:55 PM   #6
PEW-PROFESSIONAL

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS
I come to spectate, I don't want to Autocross yet, want to talk with people doing it and get all the info I can for at least a year.
G5carbon.com-SS Carbon fiber Trunk Filler Panels**Carbon fiber Heat Extractor **Z/28 Carbon Fiber Spoiler (Comming Soon)**Z/28 Carbon Fiber Rear Defuser (Comming Soon)**SS Carbon Fiber Lower Grill (Coming Soon)**Z/28 Carbon fiber Side Skirts (Coming soon)**SS Carbon fiber Cooling Plate (Coming Soon)**Camber/Caster Plates (Coming Soon)
Westcoastcamaros.com-Carbon Fiber Engine Cover (Ordered)
PEW-PROFESSIONAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:09 AM   #7
comm54
SoCal C5 Family Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEW-PROFESSIONAL View Post
I come to spectate, I don't want to Autocross yet, want to talk with people doing it and get all the info I can for at least a year.

This should be a Great Event and it's always to good to come out and see what's going on. I look forward to meeting you and talking about Camaro's and Autocross!
Old 03-02-2015, 09:15 PM   #8
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
I've only done autocross once, at the Camaro5 fest at Lucas at Indy.

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:08 AM   #9
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
Going to try and make this
Old 03-09-2015, 03:40 PM   #10
comm54
SoCal C5 Family Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
I've only done autocross once, at the Camaro5 fest at Lucas at Indy.
We will have some instructors out there and the course will be fun and safe!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodside783 View Post
Going to try and make this
Hope to see you out there!!!
Old 03-24-2015, 11:06 PM   #11
comm54
SoCal C5 Family Member

Here is some video from our first event this year, I hope you enjoy it...

Old 04-13-2015, 03:58 PM   #12
comm54
SoCal C5 Family Member

Ticket are available for the event at...

http://www.cpnationals.com/

Hope to see you at the track!
Old 04-16-2015, 12:23 PM   #13
Hotchkis

Drives: 1st through 5th gen Camaros
Here is the official event flyer for the Chevrolet Performance Nationals Autocross:

There are only 75 spots per day and we definitely expect this event to sell out. We pride ourselves on making sure that our drivers get the most bang for their buck and enjoy more time behind the wheel than at any other event. At our last event, for example, we made over 1,600 competitive laps during the two days of the event - which averages out to 14 laps per driver, per day.

For more info on the event, go to http://www.hotchkis.net/cpnationals

To sign up for the Chevrolet Performance Nationals Event go to: http://www.powermallstore.com/Autocr...ce-GA_c_1.html
Hotchkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:09 AM   #14
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
Signed up see you soon