Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-21-2018, 12:18 PM   #15
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
IMO, no car is worth that, much less a Ford. And I'd have said the same of the ZR1 if it was half that price. Yeah, the Ford GT can actually be a good investment, but you have to keep it in a glass case. What's the point?

I'd rather drive the hell out of the ZR1 and invest the extra money I'd have spent on the Ford GT.

Different strokes for different folks.
That is why I said if I had F U money lol. you know where shelling out 500K is no big deal
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:00 PM   #16
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Just read through everything tonight. That delta is crazy. I guess VIR is the kinda track that the ZR1 likes, in contrast to the slightly disappointing result that it had with Motor Trend over at Laguna Seca.

Another thing that stood out? This years run of the GT was just 2 tenths ahead of the ZL1 1LE that ran last year.

And for those poo-pooing the Mustang GT PP. Umm ... it did turn a quicker time than the SS 1LE. By a full second. And given that the Ford GT ran slower this year than last, its fair to say that conditions this year weren't quite ideal.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:35 PM   #17
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Maybe GM needs to bring out a 2LE, to battle the PP2?
Old 09-23-2018, 12:59 AM   #18
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Maybe GM needs to bring out a 2LE, to battle the PP2?
You might be the embodiment of the sardonic sense of humour here on Camaro5/6.

And on the off-topic of what to do with 'FU money'?
I'd put an LS7 into a Donkervoot (somehow) & just have an absolute blast.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 09-23-2018, 01:56 AM   #19
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
You might be the embodiment of the sardonic sense of humour here on Camaro5/6.

And on the off-topic of what to do with 'FU money'?
I'd put an LS7 into a Donkervoot (somehow) & just have an absolute blast.
I was only partially joking. I do wonder what gains could be had if they put the ZL1 1LE suspension and aero on an SS.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:52 AM   #20
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Just read through everything tonight. That delta is crazy. I guess VIR is the kinda track that the ZR1 likes, in contrast to the slightly disappointing result that it had with Motor Trend over at Laguna Seca.

Another thing that stood out? This years run of the GT was just 2 tenths ahead of the ZL1 1LE that ran last year.

And for those poo-pooing the Mustang GT PP. Umm ... it did turn a quicker time than the SS 1LE. By a full second. And given that the Ford GT ran slower this year than last, its fair to say that conditions this year weren't quite ideal.
Ford has been caught, more than once, of “preparing” a car for magazine reviews. The only way to know for sure would be to take them from dealer lots and test, but that’s far from practical.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:02 PM   #21
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:

Wasn't the SS 1le hotlap 2 years ago? Maybe I'm mistaken on that. Anyway, the 1le did best it at another track so it's tough coming to a definite conclusion. The PP2 did well, but if it can't survive running hard on a track without overheating, it deserves the flak it gets. We really do need a same day, same track match up to put this to rest, IMO.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:23 PM   #22
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Wasn't the SS 1le hotlap 2 years ago? Maybe I'm mistaken on that. Anyway, the 1le did best it at another track so it's tough coming to a definite conclusion. The PP2 did well, but if it can't survive running hard on a track without overheating, it deserves the flak it gets. We really do need a same day, same track match up to put this to rest, IMO.
Yes it was 2 years ago.

And a proper head to head test is definitely needed. I think this is the 3rd test by proxy between the two that I'm aware of.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 09-24-2018, 06:07 AM   #23
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:

It wasnt the PP that did that...... it was the PP2 which has 305 michelin sport cup 2, larger front and rear sway bars and a retuned mag ride. This car was supposed to rival the 1LE which it clearly does.

the PP1 on the other hand........ does not
Old 09-24-2018, 09:50 AM   #24
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Ford has been caught, more than once, of “preparing” a car for magazine reviews. The only way to know for sure would be to take them from dealer lots and test, but that’s far from practical.
When has Ford been caught prepping a car for magazine tests? How would that be any different than GM sending engineers to magazine test to make sure the cars are set up optimally?

Quote:
Agreed. Even though Ford says the PP2 is not a track car, the fact there are now 2 documented times where it has overheated in magazine testing. That is a bad look IMO.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote