Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-22-2015, 04:04 PM   #1
Ksacamaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Short in the throttle body wire

So i started a thread few days ago about my throttle body problem & that the car shakes badly.

Unfortunetly this was caused by the Aem wideband guage , it was connected to the fuse box on the driver side (fuse #10 red color) the car was fine but if the car wasnt used for 2-3 days the battery would completely drain , i thought it was a battery problem & i replaced it ....

The problem stayed untill it caused a short in the electirc wire of the throttle body , i didnt have a clue that something like that could happen from a guage wired to the wrong area. However the wire of the tb was replaced & the car was fine untill more than half throttle was applied the problem came back again (Voltages was checked & nothing appears to be wrong). Trying to solve the problem till now .....

So now i have 2 issues:-
-Where is the right area to connect the Air/fuel ratio guage?
-Anyone knows a fix for the Tb problem ?
Old 11-23-2015, 06:14 AM   #2
winterboy8

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Blue Velvet Metallic
I learned the hard way on my motorcycle that you can't just tap into any power source. Long story short, I installed a set of fog lights into the cruise control power and it effed up the entire system, had to replace the entire wire harness assembly. Good thing was, I was following direction from the owner of the dealership, so he took care of it. Lesson learned, be careful where you tap into for power, it might ruin your day.

That being the case, find a spare or aux source, those are designed to be electrically isolated from other systems in your car and you'll be safer off. Problem is, I don't have a set of manuals to tell you where to go. Hopefully someone on here will be able to help. Good luck.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:39 PM   #3
97ChameleonTA

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible
If you're looking for a switched power source on the fuse panel in the dash by the driver's door, there are only two fuses that will meet your needs. Either of the two 20AMP fuses in the center of the panel that are for the power outlets are what you want to use. There's a third 2AMP fuse that is switched but due to it's low rating I wouldn't use that one.

New times to come with E85

2016 2SS Auto - Hyper Blue Metallic
Roto-Fab CAI
97ChameleonTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 01:28 PM   #4
Ksacamaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Thanks for the info , will check them later