Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 09-17-2018, 07:53 AM   #267
ronchev

Drives: 14' Red Z/28 #336
Quote:
Originally Posted by j o n View Post
Stock wheels are as light or lighter than same size/spec aftermarket wheels. Not to mention more durable.
And in most case cost less
ronchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:11 AM   #268
Burt
Cone Killer

Drives: 2012 SS
I believe he has a set of Fiske wheels for it, but yes to get something that's better than the OEM wheels from a strength to weight perspective you're looking at something like the Fiskes or Forgelines, which cost a good bit more than a set of OEM wheels.

Selling off my remaining wheels, tires, 27mm front sway bar, and MGW shift knob. Get them out of my house before my wife puts me out!
Burt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 01:09 AM   #269
Fusionofideas

Drives: 2015 Z28, C7 Corvette, Evo X
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelster View Post
Just curious as to why you're running the stock wheels? I figured you'd have a lighter set of aftermarket wheels on there. Not saying the stockers are bad or anything.
We actually are running Fikse wheels. They are only a few pounds lighter 19x11 all around with a spacer in the front so we can rotate all four corners.
Attached Images

Fusionofideas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 01:24 AM   #270
Fusionofideas

Yeah so the rocker bolt sheared first session. Danny got into the car after we phoned a friend and @chevyguysteve used his crystal ball to figure out the problem from California. Ordering parts ASAP and hopefully will be good for qualifying tomorrow. All because of some bitch ass $4 bolt. Mark Martin a fellow Z28 owner out in Texas went out of his way and he and his friend brought the bolts out. Totally awesome guys and I am so grateful.

Really enjoyed my jet ski rental in Austin Texas.....500 RWHP Z28 Camaro on race tires and 2” of rain is maybe not the best idea....but when the green flag drops so does the hammer. The qualifying race was madness.

Race day arrives: we started P15 and race starts with a yellow Vette brake checking me on the green flag (went to brake instead of gas) I made up 5-6 positions by turn 1. By end of the first lap I was sitting P3. We got a double yellow for 2 laps and then when the flags went up I took P2.

Accessory belt cost me the race. I was holding down 2nd and 3rd position for majority of race then the belt blew off and it was old faithful water geyser on the front straight. I was all in and mechanical issue will always finish the story. I can’t thank Danny my mechanic enough for his dedication and commitment to overpowering all the obstacles. Mad props to him. Also Dieter with HG Trackside for running race control and strategy keeping me focused on the line and race strategy. Incredible week of nationals level racing. Now to get the car back together and ready for so cal championships in Buttonwillow in October.

All in all it was incredible race weekend. National championships requires a massive undertaking and we had uphill battle every day. We put it all on the line and I was so close to a Podium finish and got robbed the last two laps.
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2018, 01:25 AM   #271
Fusionofideas

Nationals race

https://youtu.be/wisawqEwPIU
Old 09-22-2018, 01:27 AM   #272
Fusionofideas

NASA Nationals Super Touring Race Start

https://youtu.be/klYEFt20PL0
Old 09-22-2018, 01:30 AM   #273
Fusionofideas

NASA Nationals Super Touring Qualifying Race in the rain

Here is the video of the most insane driving conditions I’ve ever been in. We started ina slicks and came in to change for rain tires. If you want to see a good spin check out after the pit stop. It was literally like driving a jet ski when we got 2-3 inches of rain in under 10 minutes. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/LE2mhN6vjfw
Old 09-22-2018, 09:22 AM   #274
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
Russ,

Congrats on a great weekend! Looks like a lot of fun, bummer about the belt - that definately tripped you up. But that is racing. Thanks for posting the videos - that brake check at the start is beyond belief, never seen anything like that in all my years racing - seen guys miss shifts lots of times, but never flat out hit the brakes - that is not something you would expect.

Good luck next season!
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:41 AM   #275
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
OMG, a $4 bolt and a $15 belt. That stinks.

Way to represent our Z/28s. We can all live vicariously through you.

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 01:05 PM   #276
Z Beast

Drives: 2014 Z/28 Ashen Grey Metallic
Russ great job. I'm sure the check up by that Corvette was a butt clinching moment but overall looks like cosmetics only could have been much worse. The video from that 360 Camara was insane being able to rotate the Camara by just swiping my screen. Better luck next time maybe we can run together at an event this year.

"The walls are white, the track is grey, the grass is green, and the sky is blue... your job is to keep them all where they belong." - Johnny Rutherford
Z Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 05:47 PM   #277
Fusionofideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/28Dan View Post
OMG, a $4 bolt and a $15 belt. That stinks.

Way to represent our Z/28s. We can all live vicariously through you.
Thanks brotha.
Old 09-22-2018, 05:48 PM   #278
Fusionofideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Beast View Post
Russ great job. I'm sure the check up by that Corvette was a butt clinching moment but overall looks like cosmetics only could have been much worse. The video from that 360 Camara was insane being able to rotate the Camara by just swiping my screen. Better luck next time maybe we can run together at an event this year.
I may be installing a battering ram. I love the camera. I’ll be out with nasa so cal
Championship race at Buttonwillow oct 12. Roll with us.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:05 AM   #279
derieu
Engineer

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Love the build. Highly suggest buying:

https://www.amazon.com/Olympus-14503...FNC0RKASS5RKK5

https://www.amazon.com/Movo-WS1-Micr...69RSDGXKYCXYPQ

https://www.amazon.com/Movo-GMA100-M...69RSDGXKYCXYPQ

https://www.amazon.com/Pasow-3-5mm-S...70_&dpSrc=srch

Here is the type of audio you get, this is when I owned a mustang (DONT HATE, I SOLD IT FOR MY CURRENT CAMARO!!) :

You tape mic on the diffuser, then route the extension to the gopro
derieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:52 PM   #280
Gbland60

Drives: 2015 z28 Black w/ac #645
I may be installing a battering ram.
Lol:
Gbland60 is offline   Reply With Quote