Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-15-2016, 04:16 PM   #29
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Darwin
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 05:34 PM   #30
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
^^^^ CapeCruisin: I read the article. Don't believe everything you read. I doubt the front seat
occupants survived the impact- Look at the car !
It's all speculation, witness accounts did say he heard screaming. Doubtful, you are correct on that. But the countless threads about people here showing a completely WRECKED Camaro coming out unscratched.

So it's more likely they were sadly burned alive, just due to the fact that these cars are tanks when it comes to protecting it's cargo.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:30 PM   #31
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Snapchat caused these deaths like ice cream causes obesity, cars cause DUI's, and guns kill people all by themselves.

What a horrific way to die, but that's what happens when you're young, stupid, and bulletproof.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:45 AM   #32
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Ugh. Just don't snap and drive. Hoping they passed on impact instead of from the flame.

RIP.
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:20 AM   #33
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
I am shocked they want to blame social media and not the driver.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:29 AM   #34
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
I am shocked they want to blame social media and not the driver.
Nobody wants to take fault for anything they do wrong these days, always want to blame something else. It's the driver's responsibility for everyone in the car and that article gave many indications that they should never drove that night. If people don't want to take responsibility anymore, more stuff like this will happen.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:40 AM   #35
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Blaming Snap-Chat is akin to blaming McDonalds because someone was distracted by a french fry.

It scares the crap out of me, what I see on the road every day. People STARING at their phones on top of 50 other distractions. Defensive driving has taken on a whole new meaning these days. Watching out for distracted drivers is just part of my driving habits now.

I NEVER go on green until I look. Right of way doesn't help if you're dead.

When I slow down to stop? I check my rear-view and MAKE SURE the driver behind me is paying attention. People who have been rear-ended know what I am talking about.

Impossible at night BTW, but there are things you can do. Pump your breaks for one. Flashing red sometimes gets them to look up from their texting...

There are lots of other things. You can still have fun, but man you have to be ready for "you-know-who". You know, the guy in the lane to your right who STOPPED in the middle of the freeway so he could crowd into the next lane (bmper to bumper) to his right. Of course on a curve so you don't see him until you get over... BAM!

Do you guys know what "speed differential" is? Every cop does because it's a MAJOR cause of high fatality accidents. Far right lane heading for a crowded exit could be 5 MPH. Next lane to the left is going 50. That's a 45MPH speed differential. The higher the differential, the higher the chance of a fatality. Be super careful when the other lanes are moving a lot faster or slower than yours.

Keep your eyes open, your mind on the road and be safe people. We have all lost someone already, don't let someone else loose you.

I feel for those girls and their families. It's a horrible tragedy. The real tragedy is that they were not educated. The blessing is they didn't take out even more innocent people.

JMHO as always.
+1 Very well said sir.
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:01 PM   #36
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
Snapchat caused these deaths like ice cream causes obesity,
Ice Cream doesn't cause Obesity, it just causes Womens Ass's to blow up like a Kardasian!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:18 PM   #37
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Ice Cream doesn't cause Obesity, it just causes Womens Ass's to blow up like a Kardasian!
Give ice cream to your woman for a free pass for the day. If shes mad better buy a few boxes!!!
Old 02-16-2016, 12:22 PM   #38
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I guess all the beer manufacturers should pay up for all the drunk driving deaths. I guess it can happen. They already made the tobacco companies pay up for people's own stupidity.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:57 PM   #39
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I guess all the beer manufacturers should pay up for all the drunk driving deaths. I guess it can happen. They already made the tobacco companies pay up for people's own stupidity.
Don't forget gun manufacturers.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:53 PM   #40
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
RIP

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote