Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Can you program your sunroof to close automatically?

I had a guy come up to me and ask me questions about the car when I was putting gas in my Camaro SS/RS. He told me his brother has the V6 Camaro and loves the car and he asked me about the performance difference with the V8.

It started to rain and I had my sunroof open so I got in the car to close it and this guy told me his brother found a way to program the sunroof so it would close when he turned the car off and opened the drivers door. I thought that was pretty cool so I pulled out the owners manual when I got back home but no where could I find this as a programming option. I would even be happy if the sunroof would close with one touch like the windows do but I couldn't find how to change that programming either.

If anyone has done this program change can you please let me know how to do it. Is it even possible to program the sunroof to close automatically, or even how to program it to close with one touch like the windows? Or was this guy just full of caca?

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:10 PM   #2
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
I was wondering something similar. can Onstar close your sunroof? can they lock your doors for you? Just incase you forgot to do either or.

As for programming it to auto-close when opening the door, it's possible. I'm not sure if the computer has a setting for this, but you never know how creative the guy got in making his car do this. Maybe he used a couple of microswitches and a PIC.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:21 PM   #3
gemjewel6

Drives: 2010 2LT/Imperial Blue/Manual
I don't think it's possible for the normal stock sunroof to do this. I have an after market sunroof in my car and I was able to set it to do that. My other camaro had the stock one in and it wouldn't do that. I love being able to get out of this camaro and not have to press any buttons for it to close.
gemjewel6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:22 PM   #4
OrangeFury
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2010 IOM 1LT, 1974 Corvette
I would love to be able to do this...
OrangeFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:28 PM   #5
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Mine will auto open (push the button and let go and it will open all the way), but it won't auto close, I have to hold the button til it closes - am I missing something?? Thankx.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #6
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Ya, the auto close feature would be nice
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:35 PM   #7
ninety6
2xSOM

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS | 2002 Camaro V6 vrt
no - can't be done. i investigated this. see details here:

http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73896

post #25 is my response from the window motor manufacturer..

all that said, ANYTHING is possible, someone just needs to figure it out. Like, if there were something like the pulse timer i talked about in that thread, but that would just keep spitting out the specific voltage that the "close" button sends, then it would do the same thing i was trying originally.

maybe the guy had a different car. I set up my 2002 SS to close the windows when you lock the doors with the remote, and roll them down on the 2nd unlock press (from the factory remote)
ninety6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:42 PM   #8
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
would have liked one touch to open, then one touch to open all the way.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:47 PM   #9
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninety6 View Post
no - can't be done. i investigated this. see details here:

http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73896

post #25 is my response from the window motor manufacturer..

all that said, ANYTHING is possible, someone just needs to figure it out. Like, if there were something like the pulse timer i talked about in that thread, but that would just keep spitting out the specific voltage that the "close" button sends, then it would do the same thing i was trying originally.

maybe the guy had a different car. I set up my 2002 SS to close the windows when you lock the doors with the remote, and roll them down on the 2nd unlock press (from the factory remote)
How do you doo this? This would be great to have on our cars!
Old 05-13-2010, 09:48 PM   #10
ninety6
2xSOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
would have liked one touch to open, then one touch to open all the way.
you have this if you have a factory sunroof? you press the button half-way to vent, all the way to express-open all the way.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:53 PM   #11
ninety6
2xSOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by levi1922 View Post
How do you doo this? This would be great to have on our cars!
the 4th gens had a little less BCM involvement. the factory remote would send a pulse on 2 different wires, 1 for the first "unlock" and the other wire for the 2nd press. So i made the 1st pulse wire connect to to the wire that unlocked BOTH doors, and the 2nd wire activate the window modules (that i installed with this project).

the LOCK pulse (third wire from the BCM) i left going to lock the doors, but also spliced into it to activate the auto-UP of the new window modules.

also involved adding some wiring so auto-up and auto-down worked from the window controls on both doors inside the car as well...

not sure if its possible with the 2010 BCM or not -- the 2002 BCM had multiple wire outputs that activated different actuators in the car for lock, unlock (driver), and unlock (both). i'm thinking that the 2010 BCM probably does all that processing inside, and then tells the car what to do.

but its pimp, and if someone figures it out, i'd probably do it.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:25 PM   #12
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Sounds like a safety issue.... same as putting remote start on a standard. What if someone was sticking their hand out as you open your door?
Old 05-14-2010, 04:59 AM   #13
intense1

Drives: 2011 2SS m6
In my last car you could roll all the windows including sun roof open or close with the unlock/lock button on the remote being held for 5sec. My friends convertible beemer was able to drop the top while holding the unluck button for 5secs or vice versa. In my VW you can have these features programmed by the dealer or someone with a vagcom, but it doesn't come this wy from factory.

There might be a another way to do it, I have a friend who just installed a viper alarm, it does pretty much everything, he can turn on the defroster, A/C, close/open everything. Plus its a manual and it auto starts, I think he added a relay and a sensor to make this work. Before anybody starts to flame this, it only starts if the car is in neutral. The nice part about this system is that its a 2 way long range radio so if something is happening with his car he will know about it.
intense1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:56 AM   #14
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
that would be cool