Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #15
sac-au-lait

Drives: 06Colorado07Silverado08Cobalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Not at his prices. This is the stuff that ruins the car experience for so many. The sad part is
he doesn't see it. It's just business.
Sad thing is, the business practices of the dishonest or greedy,won't be the criteria for closure by GM.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:56 PM   #16
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Ok okay people..... I am not saying this dealer is right in the way he is doing things but you really need to look at things from different sides. How many people on this site are getting their Camaros for MSRP or less.... darn near all of them and that is freckin awsome. Now just because we have a bunch of smart people around here that wont get taken advantage of doesnt mean everyone is the same way. There will always be some yahoos out there that will pay darn near anything to be first or whatever their reason may be. Do I agree with it no....but those people are out there. Sooooo from a sales stand point this guy is just trying to capitalize on those yahoos not us. Every dealer is out there to make money....some just do it different. He may get a few more thousand for his Camaros or he may sit on them.... either way he is not going to sell a large amount like "our" dealers.

The thing about these dealers is they only exist because we let them.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:21 PM   #17
ShnOmac

Some other sides of the coin....

[QUOTE=Evotion;398277]Welcome to the site... there got that out of the way.

You can say whatever you want about your reason for selling these cars on Ebay.

The fact is... if every dealer in the country had the same attitude, then NO ONE would have been able to get a Camaro.

Every dealer does not have the same attitude.... your right. So it's our choice to either find a MSRP dealer or pay crazy amounts..... There is always some yahoo who has more money than you who is willing to use it to jump you inline. Thats why these guys still exist.

Owning and racing Camaro's does NOT make you an enthusiast. Owning, racing and spreading the "Camaro love" makes you an enthuiast.

Just because he is trying to make money does not make him less of an enthusit...... thats just your opinion

This is sooooo typical of what is wrong with most businesses in America. The rich get richer, and the average American takes it in the gas can.

I dont see how the average american is taking in the "gas can"....if their the one choosing to spend more

YOU... are one of the reasons sales of American built cars are down almost 45%, YOU... are one of the reasons that consumers are scared of buying American. Personally I don't care if you "sleep well at night".

Simply not fact...just an opinion. It doesnt matter wether its american or foreign any dealer will mark up a car if people are willing to pay for it.

.......In the end -- You and other dealers like you, will eventually suck the life out the American auto industry.

Only if we buy from them and let them

Never underestimate the power of "word of mouth".
Word of mouth wont stop people from trying to make more money if there is always a market thats willing to pay more.

I am not saying this is right but it IS how business works....always has been always will be. If we choose to spend it...people will choose to take it. IT'S ALL UP TO US!
Old 04-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #18
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2009, 08:36 PM   #19
ShnOmac

Not very indepth but functional....
Old 04-10-2009, 09:38 PM   #20
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937

Drives: Everyone knows what I drive!
The bottom line is that these 2 cars were not ordered for the first 2 customers that came in and ordered. You ordered your first two specifically for your dealership, which is the wrong way to do business in my opinion. The first person to walk into your dealership and order a Camaro should get the FIRST Camaro that you order. There is no good reason to do this other than seeing the dollar signs in your eyes. Does the person that ordered first know that he is starting out at #3? My bet is that if he did, he would no longer have an order placed with you. The fact that you placed stock orders in front of sold orders would tell me that you would be willing to bump me down the list if someone else came in and offered to pay more. I personally would rather be #10 at a dealership that I have respect for than be #3 at your shady, Mickey Mouse operation. Thats all I have to say about that.

When your men get home and face an anti-war protestor, tell them to look in his eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she is dating a wuss. - General Tommy Franks

Old 04-10-2009, 09:46 PM   #21
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Wow - nice welcome to this new user to the forum... Sounds like most of the people replying know how to run a successful business better than he does...

IMO - ask whatever you want for a car, new or used. It is up to the buyer to pay the price. Some will, some won't, all it takes is one, that is what makes this country go 'round
Old 04-10-2009, 09:49 PM   #22
OverAnxious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evotion View Post
Welcome to the site... there got that out of the way.

The fact is... if every dealer in the country had the same attitude, then NO ONE would have been able to get a Camaro.

Owning and racing Camaro's does NOT make you an enthusiast. Owning, racing and spreading the "Camaro love" makes you an enthuiast.

This is sooooo typical of what is wrong with most businesses in America. The rich get richer, and the average American takes it in the gas can.

YOU... are one of the reasons sales of American built cars are down almost 45%, YOU... are one of the reasons that consumers are scared of buying American. Personally I don't care if you "sleep well at night".

.......In the end -- You and other dealers like you, will eventually suck the life out the American auto industry.

/rant off
Nice rant. Fact is if every dealer in the country did this, they would find they are not selling many and most would drop their price. This dealership can ask what they want for the car, it is up to the buyer to pay the price.

Do you honestly think marking up specialty cars has ANY bearing on the drop in domestic car sales? Come on. Sounds like you should be running a dealership, good luck with that one.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:16 PM   #23
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
Wow - nice welcome to this new user to the forum... Sounds like most of the people replying know how to run a successful business better than he does...

IMO - ask whatever you want for a car, new or used. It is up to the buyer to pay the price. Some will, some won't, all it takes is one, that is what makes this country go 'round
I'm not saying that his dealership won't be successful, just that he is not doing what is right. He is running his business in a less than ethical manner. How would you feel if you were at Wal-Mart waiting in line, and someone got to cut in front of you simply because they were paying more for their merchandise? Probably not very happy.

I understand that this is the way our free market system works, but its just a matter of common courtesy. The way to run a successful business is to keep the customers coming back, not screwing them when they buy the first time. If I were #3 on this guys list, I probably would not cancel my order because I know I would have to wait much, much longer if I go somewhere else. However, I would NEVER be back into his establishment. Not for service, parts, or another car. I also would never recommend this place to anyone. In the sales world, referrals are your bread and butter. They are customers that you get without having to work for them. You don't get them by screwing all of your customers. I know this more than most, because for the past 2 years, I have been successfully "selling" the most difficult thing there is to sell, which is service in the US Army during a time of war. You may be successful in the short term by being shady, but eventually you will fail.

I've had a few beers, so I am sorry if some of this came out a little scattered, but I think I got my point across.

When your men get home and face an anti-war protestor, tell them to look in his eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she is dating a wuss. - General Tommy Franks

Old 04-10-2009, 10:22 PM   #24
OverAnxious

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardhoggard View Post
I'm not saying that his dealership won't be successful, just that he is not doing what is right. He is running his business in a less than ethical manner. How would you feel if you were at Wal-Mart waiting in line, and someone got to cut in front of you simply because they were paying more for their merchandise? Probably not very happy.

I understand that this is the way our free market system works, but its just a matter of common courtesy. The way to run a successful business is to keep the customers coming back, not screwing them when they buy the first time. If I were #3 on this guys list, I probably would not cancel my order because I know I would have to wait much, much longer if I go somewhere else. However, I would NEVER be back into his establishment. Not for service, parts, or another car. I also would never recommend this place to anyone. In the sales world, referrals are your bread and butter. They are customers that you get without having to work for them. You don't get them by screwing all of your customers. I know this more than most, because for the past 2 years, I have been successfully "selling" the most difficult thing there is to sell, which is service in the US Army during a time of war. You may be successful in the short term by being shady, but eventually you will fail.

I've had a few beers, so I am sorry if some of this came out a little scattered, but I think I got my point across.
It's not right according to who? You?

Your Walmart comparison is flawed, Walmart would have the item priced as marked, you would choose to buy it at that price or not, same thing here, no difference.

Common courtesy? This is business, places buy items for a set price and mark them up for their profit. Some stores sell the very same item more or less then their competitors do, why can't cars be the same way? If GM has no rules against it, should be OK in my book. I can choose to buy from him or the dealership up the street that charges less, the choice is mine.

I don't see shady business, not like he got you in the door and jacked up the price after he quoted you something else. You know his price yet some here are pitching a fit for him doing so. Don't like it, don't buy it and move on
Old 04-10-2009, 11:05 PM   #25
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
[QUOTE=shnomac77;398361]Some other sides of the coin....

[QUOTE=Evotion;398277]Welcome to the site... there got that out of the way.

Every dealer does not have the same attitude.... your right. So it's our choice to either find a MSRP dealer or pay crazy amounts..... There is always some yahoo who has more money than you who is willing to use it to jump you inline. Thats why these guys still exist.

Just because he is trying to make money does not make him less of an enthusit...... thats just your opinion

Your right... my opinion, but I would not screw someone out of a Camaro... would you?

I dont see how the average american is taking in the "gas can"....if their the one choosing to spend more

That one was fueled by the current economic situation. Granted, we have always been a society based on making a profit no matter what the cost... that doesn't mean that people can't change their ways to improve a situation... obviously not everyone will.

Simply not fact...just an opinion. It doesnt matter wether its american or foreign any dealer will mark up a car if people are willing to pay for it.

Opinion? Maybe. Give me a useless $500k government grant to at least study if I am right or not What I mean is... how do we now that people don't run over to the Chevy dealer, look at the price and say "whoa... huge mark-up", then they run across the street and see the same mark-up on the Toyota, now since the country is under the impression that american quality is in the tank, and there is no incentive what-so-ever, what do you think they would do? Not saying I'm right... what I'm saying is this is an example of what not to do to save the industry right now.

Only if we buy from them and let them

See above.

Word of mouth wont stop people from trying to make more money if there is always a market thats willing to pay more.

No... but word of mouth can keep people from making more money, i.e. GM. Pick any one of the stupid things that have been said that led to the demise of sales.

I am not saying this is right but it IS how business works....always has been always will be. If we choose to spend it...people will choose to take it. IT'S ALL UP TO US!

Agree 110%. "IT'S ALL UP TO US!" Was the point of me posting what I did, I appreciate the banter, but I am done with this thread now... my voice was heard.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:21 AM   #26
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
It's not right according to who? You?

Your Walmart comparison is flawed, Walmart would have the item priced as marked, you would choose to buy it at that price or not, same thing here, no difference.

Common courtesy? This is business, places buy items for a set price and mark them up for their profit. Some stores sell the very same item more or less then their competitors do, why can't cars be the same way? If GM has no rules against it, should be OK in my book. I can choose to buy from him or the dealership up the street that charges less, the choice is mine.

I don't see shady business, not like he got you in the door and jacked up the price after he quoted you something else. You know his price yet some here are pitching a fit for him doing so. Don't like it, don't buy it and move on
OK... let me clarify something... Im not at all angry about the price he is charging. I completely agree that he should charge whatever he can get someone to pay. I have not mentioned price at all in any of my posts on this thread.

My issue is with him ordering stock cars before sold orders. Price doesnt matter here. He can sell them at whatever price he wants, but I firmly believe that he should have ordered his first sold order before he ordered cars to sell on ebay. Maybe its just my opinion, but its not right, and most people will agree with me. Just because there are no rules against it doesnt make it right. Thats whats wrong with the entire world right now... people have lost sight of what is right and are only looking out for themselves.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:52 AM   #27
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Dan

I apologize for directing some of my "general" comments torwards you, I had not intended it to be that way. I let my emotions get the better of me.

That being said... we all understand "business is business". I am a small business owner in a field relatively un-affected by the current economy (Air conditioning in AZ). Needless to say we have a slightly different business philosophy.

You can order your cars however you want, that is your perogative. My point was that telling people you wouldn't take a deposit because you couldn't guarantee the car would be made, is just sad. Was there something that you knew that we all didn't? At the time if that were to happen, you would have to be overselling your original allotment right?

I'm just curious is all... I have a 14 year old high school freshman (boy), and it seems as of late the only language he speaks is , so I consider myself a bit of a detector. And quite frankly this all sounded like . That's why I commented how I did... If you had come out and said "I'm only getting two, and I'm gonna sell them to the highest bidder", I would have saved my breath ----- And don't forget... this thread started because it was said you would take delivery by 4/15 which is entirely possible, but if not then...

maybe there is a reason car salesman get so much crap (minus Scotty and RPO).

I wish you the best of luck in your auctions... keep us posted.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:53 AM   #28
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALISBURYCHEVROLET View Post
I took NO DEPOSITS..I HAD NO SOLD ORDERS..

You know at this point I have posted my thoughts and I will leave it at that. Night folks.

Dan
OK dude... do what you want... Maybe "sold order" was the wrong phrasing, but my point is that you placed your own orders that you MIGHT be able to sell on ebay before your orders that were placed by people that walked in to your dealership.

Closed Thread