Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-17-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
unrestrictedmotorsports

Drives: 2011 Comp 6 Turbo
Instrument Panel Locks Up

Has anyone experienced this? While driving the instrutment panel shows service parking assistant, service airbags and then just locks up the cluster whateve speed you are doing and the speed and tach lock in the position that this happen.
unrestrictedmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Sometimes when i drive my tach will go to around 5k rpm and stay in that position. Normally I notice this when I have my a/c on.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:46 PM   #3
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
My tach was sticking...took it to the dealer and they had to replace the whole gauge cluster. Has been fine ever since.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I would agree with SSMOKINHOT. Taking the vehicle to the dealership would be the best course of action unless you would like to work on the vehicle yourself which in that case you could simply get a diagnosis from the dealership as a starting point. I hope that helps you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:03 PM   #5
unrestrictedmotorsports

Drives: 2011 Comp 6 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I would agree with SSMOKINHOT. Taking the vehicle to the dealership would be the best course of action unless you would like to work on the vehicle yourself which in that case you could simply get a diagnosis from the dealership as a starting point. I hope that helps you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
I just wasn't sure if there was a recall on this. Since we are a SEMA program car with GM there is no warranty with our car, so I'll just contact John or Al on this issue and see what they can tell me.
unrestrictedmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote