Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-21-2013, 05:19 PM   #15
Henry G.

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX,CAI,DynomaxVT,RX CC
Check the Chevy website it shows standard on the 1LT and above actually.
Pick Camaro, then check standard features
Old 05-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #16
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Gretch is the testing standard we all look at for the weak points.!!!

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #17
Henry G.

If an auto owner could drive a manual and give us an honest appraisal of the difference I think it would be interesting. I test drove an auto before I ordered my M6 and looking back it just seemed like a dog. Then again, it was a test drive, and I kinda worried the salesman getting on it and had to scale back a bit. Anyone have/know of the dyno or 1/4 mile results for both?
Old 05-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #18
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry G. View Post
If an auto owner could drive a manual and give us an honest appraisal of the difference I think it would be interesting. I test drove an auto before I ordered my M6 and looking back it just seemed like a dog. Then again, it was a test drive, and I kinda worried the salesman getting on it and had to scale back a bit. Anyone have/know of the dyno or 1/4 mile results for both?
Wait a minute, are you talking manuals? Because the LSD is standard on ANY manual Camaro, V6 or V8. It's only the V6 autos that don't come with one, and as far as I know, it's not even an option.

So of course your manual came with one. It's standard equipment, even on the 1LS.

Or am I totally confused as to what you're trying to say?
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #19
LS1346CID
Enjoying the lil things

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS Loaded - Lil Red
Mine always spins both rears together, havent ever noticed just one rear slip or spin independent from the other... I have a 2012 1LT RS package

With the exception of : BrakePerformance slotted and drilled rotors, K&N filter, other misc bolt on's, Tint, Clear Bra, WhiteOut emblems, Painted Calipers
LS1346CID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #20
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
911medic is correct.

Only the A6 V6 auto is open diff. And it will spin both tires if perfectly straight most of the time, but turn to the right and watch.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #21
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1346CID View Post
Mine always spins both rears together, havent ever noticed just one rear slip or spin independent from the other... I have a 2012 1LT RS package
The important thing to know about your car regarding this topic is whether you have an auto or manual, as that makes the difference in the V6.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
Old 05-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #22
Henry G.

Quote:
I'm guessing price. The Eaton G80 LOCKER (not limited slip) has been around a while and is not cheap. I have one in my Trailblazer 4wd, in my 2003 Duramax 4wd, and now a third in my M6 Camaro.
Its available in the 1LT and above, I'm guessing as an order option unless some dealers order theirs that way. Here is an old school type video: once one wheel achieves about 100 rpm faster than another a flyweight mechanism engages and locks both sides together
Yes as I said M6 (manual camaro) Once again, check the chevy website it shows 1LT AND ABOVE GET THE LOCKER. ONLY THE LS GETS THE CRAPPY DIFF.

Click here: http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-perf...s/options.html

And select the 1LT as your third comparison vehicle, choose the mechanical tab, it shows the the locker as an available option on the 1LT. Bettter yet just get the manual and quit fooling around :-)
Old 05-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #23
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasrich View Post
Why doesnt the automatic have a limited slip differential on the v6
Quote:
Its available in the 1LT and above
Quote:
Check the Chevy website it shows standard on the 1LT and above actually.
Pick Camaro, then check standard features
Quote:
Yes as I said M6 (manual camaro) Once again, check the chevy website it shows 1LT AND ABOVE GET THE LOCKER. ONLY THE LS GETS THE CRAPPY DIFF.

Click here: http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-perf...s/options.html

And select the 1LT as your third comparison vehicle, choose the mechanical tab, it shows the the locker as an available option on the 1LT. Bettter yet just get the manual and quit fooling around :-)
The original question was why the LSD doesn't come on the auto V6s, and you keep contending that it is available for the auto V6s. You are confused.

Yes, the Chevy website shows the LSD as available for the 1LT and the 2LT (although you have said both "available" and "standard"). Do you know how it's available on the LTs? WHEN YOU ORDER THEM WITH A MANUAL TRANSMISSION. Period. End of story.

It's NOT available on the auto. At all. Ever.

If you look at the LS models, LSD is standard on the 1LS and not even an option on the 2LS? Why would that be? Because the 1LS is a manual and the 2LS is an auto.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #24
Henry G.

Just saying if you click that link, or open the extended webpage Chevy SHOWS its either available or standard, kinda contradicting themselves. THIS is just Chevy saying it, not me. Ill find the detail sheet and post link. I think its crazy not to offer it to both personally.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #25
911medic

Quote:
Just saying if you click that link, or open the extended webpage Chevy SHOWS its either available or standard, kinda contradicting themselves. THIS is just Chevy saying it, not me. Ill find the detail sheet and post link. I think its crazy not to offer it to both personally.
I looked at your link, and they do indeed show it as "standard" on the 1LS, not available on the 2LS, and "available" on the 1LT/2LT. That's because the 1LT and 2LT can be had with either an auto or manual trans. It's "available" when you order the manual.

Unless there's some other page you're talking about...

EDIT: And I agree with you 100% that it should be offered on all models.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #26
Henry G.

I thin k they show all 1LT models and above with the 3.27, same as in my manual. It would be crazy to put the same gear set in there, but not the same diff wouldn;t it?
Old 05-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #27
911medic

Quote:
I thin k they show all 1LT models and above with the 3.27, same as in my manual. It would be crazy to put the same gear set in there, but not the same diff wouldn;t it?
It would be, but they did it anyway. All the V6s except the 2LS have the same axle ratio (even the 1LS).

What's even crazier is that the SS automatic has the same axle ratio, and does come with LSD. But I think the housing is completely different. Maybe the housing is different on the manual vs auto V6s, too.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #28
Henry G.

Yes I believe the SS has a larger, stouter diff/ring gears