Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-29-2017, 12:45 PM   #1
mfarhan_amin

Drives: Camaro 2SS 2013
QTP Cutouts and Drone

I Just ordered the QTP cutouts with wireless remote. I am planning to install it just before the axleback. Will I get the drone with cutouts open?
I dont want to install it directly after headers as it will get too loud for my liking. And it will be just below the seats.

VMAX PORTED THROTTLE BODY, ROTO-FAB CAI, FLOWMASTER OUTLAW AXLE-BACK WITH J-PIPES. VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER. 1LE 3.91 GEARS. KOOKS 1 7/8 LTs, CAT DELETE, GPI SS2 VVT CAM, ATI 10%
UDP, MELLING HIGH VOLUME HIGH PERFORMANCE OIL PUMP
mfarhan_amin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:35 PM   #2
frack

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange SS
No I don't think you will have any drone. It will be loud as hell though. When I installed mine just past the cats on the y pipes. After the cam install, about a year later, one of the QTP's kept breaking so I had to remove them. Your controller should prevent this from happening. I had a switch, no controller, this is why one of the butterfly's kept snapping off from not stopping soon enough. I did leave the wiring in though, just in case I wanted to install a new one later.

Last edited by frack; 08-30-2017 at 06:51 AM.
frack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:45 PM   #3
GodWentPunk

Drives: 2015 2SS White Convertible CE/INDY
The whole purpose of the cutouts is to allow you to open them from 1% to 100% (and anywhere in between). If your exhaust system is loud, then keep it open at 20%, if it's more quite, open them to 40% (or more). Most people put them right after the CATs because then you can get as loud as you want, and as quite as you want. I would say next to the muffler would be the last place I'd put them if I wanted to get the most out of the cutouts.

joe...
Old 08-29-2017, 03:33 PM   #4
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Installed QTP cutout just after the cats.
Attached Images

Old 08-29-2017, 04:29 PM   #5
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
With my cutouts I don't hear drone, as a matter of fact I don't hear anything. lol
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:08 PM   #6
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodWentPunk View Post
The whole purpose of the cutouts is to allow you to open them from 1% to 100% (and anywhere in between). If your exhaust system is loud, then keep it open at 20%, if it's more quite, open them to 40% (or more). Most people put them right after the CATs because then you can get as loud as you want, and as quite as you want. I would say next to the muffler would be the last place I'd put them if I wanted to get the most out of the cutouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVA 45TH 2SS View Post
With my cutouts I don't hear drone, as a matter of fact I don't hear anything. lol
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:43 PM   #7
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVA 45TH 2SS View Post
Sometimes I hear a ringing in my ears after I close mine.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:34 AM   #8
mfarhan_amin

Drives: Camaro 2SS 2013
It means i can install it just before the mufflers. Great. Thanks for all the responses

VMAX PORTED THROTTLE BODY, ROTO-FAB CAI, FLOWMASTER OUTLAW AXLE-BACK WITH J-PIPES. VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER. 1LE 3.91 GEARS. KOOKS 1 7/8 LTs, CAT DELETE, GPI SS2 VVT CAM, ATI 10%
UDP, MELLING HIGH VOLUME HIGH PERFORMANCE OIL PUMP
mfarhan_amin is offline   Reply With Quote