Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #197
incon3037r
GMHIC

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1/2008 Pontiac G8 GT
If it looks anything close to the rendering, I just may have myself another Aussie built four door on my hands as my daily driver.
Pontiac G8 GT- ProCharger F-1D, Treadstone TR1235 FMIC, Kooks 1 7/8" LTH,Corsa catback, New Era (228/240) cam, Yella Terra 1.7 Rockers, GMPP LS3 CNC heads, Aeromotive A1000, FAST fuel rails, FIC 1000cc injectors - 762 RWHP/646 LBFT tuned @ 11psi on E85 using HP Tuners
Camaro ZL1- Stainless Works 2" LTH, Corsa catback, RSC PDx cam, ID 1050x injectors, DSX fuel kit, New Era 4.5" intake, BTR springs/pushrods, AFCO heat exchanger, New Era expansion tank, Innovators West balancer, Metco 9.55" lower - 609 RWHP/591 LBFT tuned @ 8psi on 91 octane using HP Tuners
incon3037r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #198
Richy_Rich
FAVOR

Drives: Many Different Rides
Police Department in Peach Tree City GA drives a NEW "CAPRICE".

- from what I could see, it was an IRS rear wheel drive sedan with dual exhaust; very similiar to a Malibu profile with different front and rear flanks.

No pictures... shifting and driving and doing my best to stay behind him till he pulled off.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #199
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Caprice is much more similar to the current W-body Impala in terms of design.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #200
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy_Rich View Post

- from what I could see, it was an IRS rear wheel drive sedan with dual exhaust; very similiar to a Malibu profile with different front and rear flanks.

No pictures... shifting and driving and doing my best to stay behind him till he pulled off.
The current Caprice police only ZETA is a G8 underneath. We can Pedderise them right now. The New SS will be on the Holden VF platform. Those details are not yet public.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #201
JusticePete

Quote:

The current Caprice police only ZETA is a G8 underneath. We can Pedderise them right now. The New SS will be on the Holden VF platform. Those details are not yet public.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #202
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:

Thats a Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle, been on sale (to police only) for about a year, year and a half now. As others have said, it has more in common with the G8 than it will the SS.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #203
Richy_Rich
FAVOR

Drives: Many Different Rides
News to me on the Caprice; it looked pretty good minus the Police gizmo's.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #204
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Thats a Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle, been on sale (to police only) for about a year, year and a half now. As others have said, it has more in common with the G8 than it will the SS.
State troopers around here are rolling in them. Very cool to see them on the road.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #205
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Old 10-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #206
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
The plans are for me to get my Camaro SS 1LE for 2013 to replace my '03 Blazer Xtreme and the wife gets the Chevy SS in 2014 to replace her '04 Impala SS. I'd say 10 years out of each vehicle with ZERO problems just tune ups and oil changes constitiutes getting your money's worth out of a pair of vehicles. That is going to be well over a quarter of a million miles out of the pair.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #207
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
The plans are for me to get my Camaro SS 1LE for 2013 to replace my '03 Blazer Xtreme and the wife gets the Chevy SS in 2014 to replace her '04 Impala SS. I'd say 10 years out of each vehicle with ZERO problems just tune ups and oil changes constitiutes getting your money's worth out of a pair of vehicles. That is going to be well over a quarter of a million miles out of the pair.
The length of time is definitely impressive, but I would expect a vehicle with that amount of mileage to still be running strong I took my 98 Toyota Avalon almost to a quarter mil by itself, and only traded it in because I wanted a new car, not because it was necessary.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:32 PM   #208
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
The length of time is definitely impressive, but I would expect a vehicle with that amount of mileage to still be running strong I took my 98 Toyota Avalon almost to a quarter mil by itself, and only traded it in because I wanted a new car, not because it was necessary.
They both run stronger than most (light mods on the SS heavy on the Blazer X) but I've long since been bored with both. It is purely a want to get new vehicles.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
Old 10-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #209
VRCamaroSS

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS
The more pics I get to see of the sprint cup SS makes it look more and more like this one found here.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-c...rolet-ss-sedan

Look at the indents on the front.
VRCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #210
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
If they learned that a performance sedan sells well in the g8 I can assure you that they will go with similar styling. Why can't they just re make the G8 with a bowtie on it?