Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-02-2017, 08:04 PM   #57
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcloak View Post
The seats simply aren't up to the performance of the rest of the car.
No CD player.
Poor positioning of the lower gauge cluster.
The fin indents in front of the rear wheels (yes, I know, homage accent, etc).

Minor nitpicks that can either be overlooked or fixed. I love everything else about it.
You don't have a CD player? I do. Unless its a 2SS exclusive or something
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:12 PM   #58
ndnashlenz

Drives: 2019 1SS Crush, 2017 Corolla White
bishes that admire the car instead of paying attention to the road
Old 01-02-2017, 09:34 PM   #59
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
I hate the fact people still tell me how nice my colour combo is.....geez folks theres a entirely new model to enjoy......ok just one more picture.

Last edited by rontammy0; 01-02-2017 at 09:50 PM.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 01:38 AM   #60
mikeinmobile

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
I thought the visors were poor too, but if you use your hand or a piece of paper to block just another inch or two below the visor you'll see that it completely blocks your view altogether and you'd have to duck to see to drive. So I compared it to the visors in our other vehicles and noticed that the visor comes down into your view exactly the same as the Camaro. I think what happens after further attention paid to driving into the sun is that you don't need the visor as often in the Camo due to the lower profile roof line. Point being I find I need the visor way less in this car. So when the sun is lower it seems worse than your other vehicles because you need them more in other cars so the amount of times the visor's not effective seems more than normal. When the sun's in your eyes below the Camo visor it would be in your eyes in most other vehicles as well. At some point the sun is too low to block. I'm sure many will disagree, but check out what I'm saying if you can and you'll see what I mean. I will say that I wish they were a little wider, but lower would make them unusable. Now I'm barely 5'11 so I don't think driver height is the issue.

I have black on black and live on the Gulf coast where summers can be brutal and it seems that the low roof line shades the interior way more that most cars and an added sun shield in the windshield keeps the seats from getting excessively hot to the touch. Like many of you I'm careful where I park and I notice that it's hard to park in a way that allows sun to continually bake the seats (again, sun shields are a must).

The things that sucks for sure is the difficulty reaching out of the window at drive throughs (especially bank and drive up atm's.) And parking is harder when pulling in to the right. Pulling in left is much easier to judge.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:09 AM   #61
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
I just use sunglasses
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:29 AM   #62
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
I just use sunglasses
So do I. I laughed pretty good the first time my wife used it.....she was like what rhe hell. Why are these things so short?
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:42 AM   #63
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
"The one thing I hate about my car".......at the moment.....The fact that its in the parking lot an d I'm not in it ripping down the road!!
Old 01-03-2017, 07:14 AM   #64
cconn

Drives: 2013 Silver 2SS/RS M6
Yall have pretty much covered my complaints. First time I drove it, i stopped and bought a drink, and was like "What idiot designed these cup holders?"

Main complaint right now is that I live down a dirt road, and it has rained for 2 days so I cant drive it without looking like I took it to a mud bog.

2013 Silver 2SS RS M6. Kooks ceramic coated headers and HF cats, K&N CAI, Tuned by East Texas Musclecars.
2015 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax LTZ Z71
cconn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:36 AM   #65
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
In general I'd say very little. Aside from typical gremlins I'd say that the general did his homework with mine.

The one thing I do not like are the summer tires, and how they lose their grip at cool temperatures.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:38 AM   #66
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
I didn't think about the drive through that's a good point. It's especially bad if the window is a little high
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:38 AM   #67
jer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT RS
The battery under the spare (2012) so I have to remove everything in the trunk to access it. I've disconnected it 6 times in my first 3 months of ownership for upgrades of adding heated seats, backup camera, Rotofab intake, etc. I know it has since been moved to one side of the trunk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Current mods: custom painted engine cover and strut tower brace, Elite catch can, Dorman heated seats, Gen5 diy backup camera, auxiliary gauge cluster, RS console lid, rebuilt damaged drivers seat (lumbar, padding and covers)
jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:34 AM   #68
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrocker1958 View Post
After owning mine for over a year now I bought a bmw m3. And really realized how obstructed the view in my Camaro is.
Small price to pay for the drop dead looks of the Camaro.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:59 AM   #69
Scottiemac

Drives: Black 2015 1ss/rs
The visors truly suck! I don't care about the cup holders because no one is allowed to eat,drink,or smoke in my car. Yeah I do scuff the door sometimes but I just keep it to a minimum and clean it.
Scottiemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:59 AM   #70
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
1. Pebbles/rocks getting into front mud guard in fender well. Also, adhesive wears quickly letting the pebbles/rocks feel at home.
2. Tiny visors.
3. No factory rock guards to protect rear quarter panels from debris.
4. Cup holders suck.
5. No CD player.
6. A/C & Heat does not come on during remote start. Only comes on after key has been inserted and turned onto ON.
7. Convertibles limited to 155mph.
8. NPP valve rattle (non-existent when GM techs are around looking at it!!!)
9. Mag ride likes to steer you into grooves and shallow dips in road.
10. Holy brake dust batman!!!

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote