Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #1
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Hold out or buy now? Decisions...

Guys,
The wait is hard and I am VERY impressed with everyones patience that pre-ordered there cars...

We have a CGM 2SS/RS on order at code 3000 and should be about 6 weeks give or take from my understanding. Orig. order was done on 4/8 on the dealers allocation. This car is exactly everything we wanted.

The wife was willing to consider Black and Yellow as well. I found a RY 2SS but its a NON RS model. I can get it for Sticker on Monday and pickup the car. I know I can mod the lights later (going with the fact that it will cost more).

We like both colors but leaning towards the CGM only because there seems to be a lot less of them. Do you guys think the 6 week roughly wait is worth it or is the RY a better choice...(we are nervous that the 6 weeks could turn into 3 months)

We are really on the fence. We plan on modding the heck out of it as well over the next few years...as well as being a forum sponsor here.
So, any and all advice welcome..
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
sdill

Drives: 2010 CGM 1SS/RS
honestly...go with your gut on this one. Nobody is going to be able to tell you which car you will like better, they can only tell you what they would do if they were in your shoes. You need to figure out whether or not that RS package is that important and which color you wold prefer.

Having said that, if it were me in your position, since your modding it heavily the RS package doesn't mean all that much I would assume if you plan on changing the lights and rims anyway. So it basically comes down to the color choice. If it were me, I would go with the CGM over RY just because I feel like after the transformers movie everybody is going to want yellow and thy will become more common.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdill View Post
honestly...go with your gut on this one. Nobody is going to be able to tell you which car you will like better, they can only tell you what they would do if they were in your shoes. You need to figure out whether or not that RS package is that important and which color you wold prefer.

Having said that, if it were me in your position, since your modding it heavily the RS package doesn't mean all that much I would assume if you plan on changing the lights and rims anyway. So it basically comes down to the color choice. If it were me, I would go with the CGM over RY just because I feel like after the transformers movie everybody is going to want yellow and thy will become more common.
Thanks for your opinion.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
Guys,
The wait is hard and I am VERY impressed with everyones patience that pre-ordered there cars...
We are really on the fence. We plan on modding the heck out of it as well over the next few years...as well as being a forum sponsor here.
So, any and all advice welcome..
Well, if you are going to be our forum sponsor, you need to get your Pink Milk avatar and wait with the rest of us.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
Well, if you are going to be our forum sponsor, you need to get your Pink Milk avatar and wait with the rest of us.
I dont conform I think out of the box... I am most likely the only person in the world to put Lamborghini seats in a Corvette.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:21 PM   #6
VenomHP

Drives: Fleet of em
Honestly it depends on you, if you would regret it when you see your camaro show up at the dealership. If the color would be fine either way, and the RS package is not that big of a deal to you, then you could purchase the one on monday and enjoy more of it this summer. If you think you may regret it and are just getting impatient I would wait it out and get exactly what you wanted/ordered
VenomHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #7
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
if your going to change it get the cheaper one. Why pay 1200 bucks for headlight that you might change sometime
nards444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #8
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdill View Post
honestly...go with your gut on this one.
The guts have it...

Only you and your wife can make that decision. The only piece of advice to add is "get what you REALLY want". If you don't you may always be second guessing your decision.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:29 PM   #9
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
I dont conform I think out of the box... I am most likely the only person in the world to put Lamborghini seats in a Corvette.
It's for a good cause. PinkCamaro almost gave up ... kinda like someone else. Conform ...

But seriously, this pretty much sums it up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
The guts have it...

Only you and your wife can make that decision. The only piece of advice to add is "get what you REALLY want". If you don't you may always be second guessing your decision.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
Old 05-10-2009, 07:29 PM   #10
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Go sit in it, see how you feel when your in it. If there are any doubts then I would wait.
I don't think you could go wrong either way, but just be sure.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:33 PM   #11
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
I'm apologizing for jacking the thread right now...but what's the deal with all the pink milk boxes?!
SIK07GTSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:38 PM   #12
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK07GTSTANG View Post
I'm apologizing for jacking the thread right now...but what's the deal with all the pink milk boxes?!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21867
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:51 PM   #13
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK07GTSTANG View Post
Actually because you are one of the few GOOD mustang dudes ... IT's here:
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21398

This is the result of the first one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post

Quote:
Old 05-10-2009, 07:51 PM   #14
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
What happened to the two Black 2SS's you had ordered? I thought you were offering those up on another thread.

By the way, excellent job on the Vette. And you did a good job on the wife. I would get her whatever she wanted....lol

The Yellow looks better in person than on pics IMO. But the CGM is pretty sharp as well.

Thinking about the area you live in I am sure you could pull off the yellow with ease. Here in Colo it just is not quite as popular.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote