Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-21-2019, 01:58 PM   #15
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred 6528 View Post
Will this one workAttachment 983474
Say what?
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:41 AM   #16
Marklar

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 152LTRockin View Post
Say what?
The attached picture is of Caitlyn Jenner, a famous trans woman. "Tranny" is a common slur for trans women. It was an attempted joke.
Marklar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:03 AM   #17
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

yuk
Old 04-26-2019, 06:55 PM   #18
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Quote:
I just got mine this week from Jannetty for my wee6, will be installing it soon I hope this week.
It doesn't fit a v6 Camaro.........not even close........to use it you would need to bend it to clear the coolant pipe that runs down the right side of the engine and find a way to attach it to a bolt some place. The bracket that it has ends up hitting the cat. Would need to make a bracket then attach it to something. I also noticed it fits fairly loose into the hole in the transmission so it easily will pull out if not secured properly. Now I used it to fill my transmission then pulled it out and put the factory plug back in. So it does make I nice funnel attachment to fill the trans up but that's all it is good for. If you had it on a lift and made a bracket you could tack weld a bracket easily to it BUT I'd still want something down around the seal to keep the tube in the trans. The bracket is so far away and weak from the end of the tube that something could easily dislodge the tube from the trans while driving. Still better than nothing if you gotta fill the trans back up after changing the filter.
Old 04-28-2019, 03:19 PM   #19
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
It doesn't fit a v6 Camaro.........not even close........to use it you would need to bend it to clear the coolant pipe that runs down the right side of the engine and find a way to attach it to a bolt some place. The bracket that it has ends up hitting the cat. Would need to make a bracket then attach it to something. I also noticed it fits fairly loose into the hole in the transmission so it easily will pull out if not secured properly. Now I used it to fill my transmission then pulled it out and put the factory plug back in. So it does make I nice funnel attachment to fill the trans up but that's all it is good for. If you had it on a lift and made a bracket you could tack weld a bracket easily to it BUT I'd still want something down around the seal to keep the tube in the trans. The bracket is so far away and weak from the end of the tube that something could easily dislodge the tube from the trans while driving. Still better than nothing if you gotta fill the trans back up after changing the filter.

Thank - you for the write up.That answers my question about fitment. I will not be buying one for me.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:22 PM   #20
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

It is usable, I easily bent it to fit the engine but I didn't have the time to fab a decent bracket. It did work great for refilling the trans also. I'm going to remount it and fab a bracket that simply bolts to one of the trans bell bolts then drill a few small holes in the dip stick bracket to attach it. My biggest concern is the hole in the trans, there is nothing to secure the dip stick to keep it in the hole. The dip stick has no lip at the seal to secure anything to it. I was thinking maybe some stainless safety wire wrapped around the tube above the seal then bring it down to one of the pan bolts to secure it. Gotta watch things like a dip stick can vibrate quite a bit and work loose easily.