Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 04-21-2019, 12:26 PM   #1
jus1975

Drives: malibu maxx ss chevy ss
2 post lifts

who has a 2 post lift. Im looking and trying to figure out whats a good one and whats not. Ive seen some as low as $1600 and more than double that. cant tell the difference.
jus1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:53 PM   #2
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
The important details are:
1. Make sure it is ALI certified (Automotive Lift Institute) for it's weight rating. You don't want a lift coming down on you when you are under the car. Check out their website and this page for sure:
https://www.autolift.org/what-to-kno...-an-auto-lift/

2. Check out this video for an example of an over rated lift failure:

2. Make sure you know what your ceiling height is and what ceiling height the lift requires.

3. Make sure you know the details about what electrical power it needs and what power method runs the lock release. I've seen pneumatic powered lock releases, manual lock releases and I'm sure they make electrical lock releases too. I went with manual. It's easy and less complicated.

4. Research a little before buying "the best deal". Remember you will be standing under this, I would not take the cheap way out just to save a couple thousand dollars. I think my life is worth more then that.

5. A couple of the more reputable brand names are Challenger lifts and Rotary Lifts.

Good luck. Once you get one and install it you won't regret it. Best "mod" I've done for my garage.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:43 PM   #3
wernergmhtp

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS A6
Excellent advice here. I've had a Mohawk for the past 15 or so years, and it'll last a lifetime. 9,000 lb. ALI-certified capacity.

Also be sure to check your floor for the required slab thickness and characteristics. That issue is significantly more important than for 4-post lifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
The important details are:
1. Make sure it is ALI certified (Automotive Lift Institute) for it's weight rating. You don't want a lift coming down on you when you are under the car. Check out their website and this page for sure:
https://www.autolift.org/what-to-kno...-an-auto-lift/

2. Check out this video for an example of an over rated lift failure:

2. Make sure you know what your ceiling height is and what ceiling height the lift requires.

3. Make sure you know the details about what electrical power it needs and what power method runs the lock release. I've seen pneumatic powered lock releases, manual lock releases and I'm sure they make electrical lock releases too. I went with manual. It's easy and less complicated.

4. Research a little before buying "the best deal". Remember you will be standing under this, I would not take the cheap way out just to save a couple thousand dollars. I think my life is worth more then that.

5. A couple of the more reputable brand names are Challenger lifts and Rotary Lifts.

Good luck. Once you get one and install it you won't regret it. Best "mod" I've done for my garage.
wernergmhtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:48 PM   #4
belkjamesr

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
I am super happy with my Bendpak asymmetrical 2 post 10,000 pound lift, but I found out they are all made in China. I would look for the best price with the features you want.
belkjamesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 09:45 AM   #5
SS Performance

Drives: 02 Camaro B4C
I have been using a Rotary 9K lift for about 20 year. It routinely lifts my crew cab diesel dually with no problem.

Also follow the advise posted above, it's good solid advice.

1969 Camaro SS
1970 Camaro SS
2002 Camaro B4C
2014 Camaro SS Dedicated Track Car
2015 Camaro 1SS 1LE
2008 HHR SS
1996 Silverado Crew Cab Long Bed Dual Rear Wheel
SS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:42 AM   #6
TA1979

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
I have a direct lift HR8000, its been good over the past 8 Years. No problems at all.
TA1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 12:53 AM   #7
rdanzel

Drives: 2010
I am very pleased with my rotary lift.
rdanzel is offline   Reply With Quote