Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 04-23-2019, 08:06 PM   #1
JSC81

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS M6
SCT Tuner/Incoming nerf?

I've read reports that some ford guys have already lost the option to disable rear 02's? Does anyone know when and if this is coming to us? Apparently, if you don't update your tuner it'll be fine. I just ordered one and if it's disabled already I'll be returning it upon receiving it.

I apologize if this has been covered in another topic as I have searched and havent found anything discussing it here.

Edit: "Defendants shall remove these user-adjustable features from any of its Calibrations intended for use on vehicles of model years 2000 and newer prior to sale by the following dates: no later than June 1, 2019, for all of their Calibrations compatible with any Ford vehicles; no later than December 1, 2019, for all of their Calibrations compatible with any General Motor (GM) vehicles; and no later than August 1, 2020, for all of their Calibrations compatible with any other vehicles."

So those lifetime tunes end in 2020 or sooner.

Last edited by JSC81; 04-23-2019 at 09:02 PM.
JSC81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:48 AM   #2
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Ditch it and get HP Tuners. As far as I know it's not being impacted by the SCT lawsuits or whatever
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote