Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 04-24-2019, 10:14 AM   #1
HsvGts

Drives: ZLJuan
What's your experience with Anvil?

After owning over 60+ cars in my collection, this is the first time I've ordered anything or even heard of Anvil before. Having the Camaro convertible it is a pretty slim number of options for rear spoilers. Seeing numerous photos here with guys with the Anvil spoiler I became a big fan.

I stumbled across their site a couple weeks ago and was almost floored to see that 'the coming soon' was gone and that they had convertible spoilers 'in stock'. I was so excited that I immediately purchased one, knowing that I would never hear the end of it from my wife since we are in college saving mode. Well that excitement took a hit the next morning when I got an email saying that they were in the process of being made. I'm not a fan of saying they are in stock when they are in fact not.

My concern is that I'm now in a waiting period hoping for a shipping alert and that there is a timeline with credit cards for merchandise not received. Through the years I've been burned before and certainly don't want it to happen again. Should I have any concerns with Anvil? Again, I've never heard or dealt with them in the past.
2015 335 Msport
2008 Charger Superbee
2006 Jeep Srt8
1976 Corvette L82
2008 Altima coupe
HsvGts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 11:11 AM   #2
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Anvil is a very reputable company, they make a ton of parts for first and second gen camaros. I have one of their spoilers along with many other camaro owners. You shouldn’t worry about not getting your spoiler. They’re very popular so they usually have a bit of a wait because they make their spoilers by hand. You’ll get it soon enough and I can guarantee you’ll love it! Best looking spoiler on these cars hands down
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:52 AM   #3
paulsandhu

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have nothing but praise for my interaction with Anvil. I also ordered the notch spoiler in late fall last year fully knowing that it would take 3-4 months to receive the spoiler. The rep I dealt with was Storm and he answered all my questions promptly and I had no concerns putting the deposit down.

Half way through I decided to change my order, again there were no issues and I changed from a fiberglass spoiler to carbon fiber without any issue.

You have nothing to worry about with them! I got the spoiler and I couldn't be happier.

Current Modifications:
  • Hurst Comp HardDrive Stick Kit
  • K&N Blackhawk CAI
  • Anvil Carbon Fiber Notch Spoiler
  • Ceramic Coated Satin Black Wrap
paulsandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 04:25 PM   #4
HsvGts

Drives: ZLJuan
Thanks for the replies guys! I got a response today that they are supposed to be done at the end of the week and hopefully ship next week. I only had a concern when the site said they were in stock, then getting an email the next day that they weren't ready.
HsvGts is offline   Reply With Quote