Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 11-01-2018, 02:38 PM   #211
pat_t

Drives: #238 Z/28
and the outboard video I've found so far:

I have some limited on-board footage but it's not upto my usual high standards - I need to sort out the white-balance and also the sound quality before I upload it.
Old 11-03-2018, 04:09 AM   #212
Gbland60

Drives: 2015 z28 Black w/ac #645
Thanks Patroclueus for your feedback. Im sure everyone on here that hasnt already, wishes they could drive the ring atleast once in their lifetime.I'd like to see the whole lap . Car looks good out there man.
Gbland60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 10:11 AM   #213
johna

Drives: 2015 White Z28
Wow your car sounds great too! Like the Mach 5!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 10:35 AM   #214
Jeff71

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #1251
Awesome trip Pat! Car looks/sounds amazing, thanks for sharing.
Jeff71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 03:34 PM   #215
pat_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbland60 View Post
I'd like to see the whole lap . Car looks good out there man.
Ok here we go, I've managed to scrape a video together. It's not the best, this was the fastest combined VLN lap I did at 11:07 that probably works out about 9minutes Bridge-to-Gantry. Other laps either had more traffic, more rain, or I didn't have the camera on. This lap was only my 3rd lap in the Z28 and only my 13th ever, so please excuse the hesitant gear selection at times, I was still finding my feet at this point. Even so it's a "real man's" track, I think I saw approaching 140mph at 5 or 6 separate occasions on this lap. With more time on dry tarmac and with less traffic I'd like to think I could see 160mph in places, and possibly squeak under 8 minutes BTG.

Ignore the faffing with the gears and wheel for the first hairpin on the Grand Prix circuit, I missed my braking point on cold tyres and understeered right through the apex!! after that the fronts got some heat in them and grip was good for the rest of the lap. Also ignore the steering wheel centre missing buttons - we're currently running another prototype before I finalise the next design!

Apologies for the annoying tapping noise. The passenger 6-point harnesses were unfastened and tapping on the seat back

Hopefully I'll be back there again soon.
Attached Images

Last edited by pat_t; 11-04-2018 at 03:44 PM.
pat_t is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:41 PM   #216
pat_t

Found another good bit of footage later on when I was a bit more settled. Still only driving about 8/10ths here not flat out but starting to get into a nice rhythm on the (few) clear sections of track.

also a nice shot at Pflanzgarten... just about got the car off the ground. More commitment needed!!!
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2018, 02:03 PM   #217
pat_t

Still going through photos of the trip and posting the best ones here.

On to the next event though, today marks 1 month until my final trackday of 2018. It will be back at Rockingham, unfortunately for the last ever time as the circuit is closing down. This will be the last event they host so it will be a mixed atmosphere. I really hope I can cheer up some of the staff & marshals there with the sound of the LS7!

This weekend I'll get the car cleaned up and give it a good spanner check all over following my European adventure.
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2018, 03:05 AM   #218
Gbland60

Drives: 2015 z28 Black w/ac #645
Thumbs up

Thanks for all the pic and vids Hope all goes well at the final trackday. Sounds pretty sad for those involved. You did catch some air on your rear drivers. We do by the way have a flying car mode on our Zs Lol. Running the ring and averaging well over a hundred miles an hour, you said it right, It's a real man's track It's totally focused heads up all the way. If only you had it all to yourself for 1hot lap. Ok maybe 2. Again , enjoy seeing your videos . Because you've done so much to your car since the day it arrived that it really makes it kinda special. Again, thanks pat.
Gbland60 is offline   Reply With Quote