Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 11-11-2018, 05:12 PM   #2633
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
Oh...I see.
Yup. About a tenth off from the GT500 which is lighter and has 663 HP and a pro driver in it. I'd say I did pretty good for a novice putting no effort into the run. Basically I'd be just about dead even against a pro in the lighter more powerful Shelby. Come to think of it, I don't know if that's good for me or horrible for the GT500. Anyhoo, wanna see the video?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:14 PM   #2634
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
You’re a seasoned drag racer. Knowing you’ve quoted the Boss as 4.0 for 0-60 and 12.3 et, what have you run in your Boss?
Good luck getting a straight answer out of him. You're even less likely to see him back it up with any proof.
Old 11-11-2018, 05:18 PM   #2635
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Yup. About a tenth off from the GT500 which is lighter and has 663 HP and a pro driver in it. I'd say I did pretty good for a novice putting no effort into the run. Basically I'd be just about dead even against a pro in the lighter more powerful Shelby. Come to think of it, I don't know if that's good for me or horrible for the GT500. Anyhoo, wanna see the video?
Sure. I'm always up for a video.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:19 PM   #2636
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Good luck getting a straight answer out of him. You're even less likely to see him back it up with any proof.
I’d be disappointed to learn that his Boss is just a garage ornament that he rubs with a diaper.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:57 PM   #2637
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
It's a good time for you, but a laughable time for a car with 650hp and a 10 speed transmission.

I guess the Chevy crowd needs lots of TM in their cars, Dodge guys don't need it and Ford guys would rather wreck their cars and kill crowds of onlookers than have their cars gimped by TM.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:49 PM   #2638
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Sure. I'm always up for a video.
Ok. I posted it up some time ago in the drag racing sub-forum. Go find it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
It's a good time for you, but a laughable time for a car with 650hp and a 10 speed transmission.

I guess the Chevy crowd needs lots of TM in their cars, Dodge guys don't need it and Ford guys would rather wreck their cars and kill crowds of onlookers than have their cars gimped by TM.
Well that's because you troll soo hard that you're willing to sound ignorant just to get a rise out of people. Fact is that the only stock street legal Mustang capable of beating me would need a pro-driver and an optimal run and even then it would be a driver's race IF he can beat me at all. LOL!! And what makes POS Mustangs even more pathetic is that was 4 years ago and they still haven't made anything faster since then. If the ZL1 is laughable then the Mustang is a complete failure. And now even our M6 SS is just as fast as the $65K Shelby which is just the icing on the cake. No matter what you say, fact is that the ZL1 is king right now and there is nothing that Ford has that can challenge it at anything.

Gotta say, I really feel sorry for you Mustang guys...
Old 11-11-2018, 07:00 PM   #2639
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Ok. I posted it up some time ago in the drag racing sub-forum. Go find it there.

Well that's because you troll soo hard that you're willing to sound ignorant just to get a rise out of people. Fact is that the only stock street legal Mustang capable of beating me would need a pro-driver and an optimal run and even then it would be a driver's race IF he can beat me at all. LOL!! And what makes POS Mustangs even more pathetic is that was 4 years ago and they still haven't made anything faster since then. If the ZL1 is laughable then the Mustang is a complete failure. And now even our M6 SS is just as fast as the $65K Shelby which is just the icing on the cake. No matter what you say, fact is that the ZL1 is king right now and there is nothing that Ford has that can challenge it at anything.

Gotta say, I really feel sorry for you Mustang guys...
Pro Driver? Magazine editors went faster than you in the Gt500...5yrs ago... with a manual trans.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:22 AM   #2640
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Quote:
Im not interested enough to go find it. If it was a hero or at least a decent run. Sure. But im not digging for a video of an 11.8 modded zl1. Sorry. Thought you were offering to post it again here in this thread. When you asked if id like to see a video.

Last edited by GossipSquirrelJelena; 11-12-2018 at 04:29 AM.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:54 AM   #2641
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Pro Driver? Magazine editors went faster than you in the Gt500...5yrs ago... with a manual trans.
Actually they went faster 11:60s. Has the manual Camaro been reviewed at 11:60 yet?
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:15 AM   #2642
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
They should. They're professionals in a car that is lighter, has more HP, and is a manual trans and making more to the wheels. And they gave it their best effort. I'd be right behind them just taking it easy, lol!! What did you run in your 13 GT when it was stock?
Quote:
Im not interested enough to go find it. If it was a hero or at least a decent run. Sure. But im not digging for a video of an 11.8 modded zl1. Sorry. Thought you were offering to post it again here in this thread. When you asked if id like to see a video.
LOL! 11.8 is all I needed to do to know how fast this car is. I don't need to do any more than that. And I for sure ain't gonna beat it into the ground like it's some POS GT just to prove something to a few trolls online, lol!! I get it, dirt cheap GTs with shit axles that snap and can be replaced for pennies and engines that blow and can be replaced for $3K...lol!! I have an expensive car that I plan to take care of. If it was a GT then I wouldn't give a damn, lol!! I'd beat the living piss out of it all day dropping it at 4K RPMs and launching the hell out of it like it stole my money, lol!! But that's if this was a GT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Actually they went faster 11:60s. Has the manual Camaro been reviewed at 11:60 yet?
Well again, it has more HP and weighs much less so it should be faster.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:36 AM   #2643
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
They should. They're professionals in a car that is lighter, has more HP, and is a manual trans and making more to the wheels. And they gave it their best effort. I'd be right behind them just taking it easy, lol!! What did you run in your 13 GT when it was stock?

LOL! 11.8 is all I needed to do to know how fast this car is. I don't need to do any more than that. And I for sure ain't gonna beat it into the ground like it's some POS GT just to prove something to a few trolls online, lol!! I get it, dirt cheap GTs with shit axles that snap and can be replaced for pennies and engines that blow and can be replaced for $3K...lol!! I have an expensive car that I plan to take care of. If it was a GT then I wouldn't give a damn, lol!! I'd beat the living piss out of it all day dropping it at 4K RPMs and launching the hell out of it like it stole my money, lol!! But that's if this was a GT.

Well again, it has more HP and weighs much less so it should be faster.
Yes you are right it does make more hp but its sporting 285s in the rear instead of big 305s. So can we agree on this all things being as equal as possible manual to manual the 500 is still faster and just like you claim for the 18 GT it took the magical A10 to make the ZL1 faster.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:05 AM   #2644
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
You guys crack me up... Calm down and take a deep breath.

If you all met face to face you'd probably be best buds...
Old 11-12-2018, 07:02 AM   #2645
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Quote:

My apologies. I didn’t think you were going to snap. Because I didn’t want to dig thru a hundred old threads. looking for a video. But all of this complaining about broken axles and blow engines in GTs. Did you have a bad experience with a Mustang? That you once owned? I’m still on stock axles. Stock suspension. Same tired engine from 2015. Trying to make 9 second passes. Hundreds of runs. So I can’t relate to your rant. Yes your car is slightly more expensive than a GT. But Let’s not get carried away. It’s still an affordable car for anyone with a decent job. Most on this forum could swing the extra 10 grand for the cost difference between a loaded SS or GT to a ZL1. If they so desired. Just say you have different priorities. Than the real racers. And let it go at that. No need to get angry. Again my apologies
Old 11-12-2018, 07:02 AM   #2646
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Yes you are right it does make more hp but its sporting 285s in the rear instead of big 305s. So can we agree on this all things being as equal as possible manual to manual the 500 is still faster and just like you claim for the 18 GT it took the magical A10 to make the ZL1 faster.
Which one is faster overall? Does Ford have anything that can beat the ZL1? Don't answer that, we already know.