Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #43
import_killa

Drives: 2SS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroincarolina View Post
Ya'll are killing me with this post! I am a woman and drive a stick Camaro SS and wouldn't have it any other way.....my niece's both drive a stick....are there really women out there besides my grandmother that can't drive a stick???
oh ya my wife cant drive one and has no desire to learn
1 7/8 AR headers, roto-fab CAI with radiator, fuse box, and valve cover, cam, upgraded fuel system with 85lb injectors, under drive pulley, TVS 2300 S/C, muffler delete, aftermarket wheels, AAC headlights fogs sidemarkers footwell dome and trunk lights.....That's 659.9 RWHP 611.9RWTQ

T
import_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:31 PM   #44
snowtrill

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6- Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroincarolina View Post
Ya'll are killing me with this post! I am a woman and drive a stick Camaro SS and wouldn't have it any other way.....my niece's both drive a stick....are there really women out there besides my grandmother that can't drive a stick???
I'm right there with you. In fact the ONLY requirement I had when I bought my daughters car when she learned to drive was that it was a manual. She was not happy with me but as I explained to her, there was no way she was going to get stuck somewhere because she couldn't drive a manual car.

I have had several friends who had that exact experience in high school. I saw it as a safety issue more than anything else. I also taught several of the above mentioned friends to drive manual when they asked.

My preference has always been manual.
snowtrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:34 PM   #45
Jenifers bee

Drives: 87 Fiero gt,01 sban, 2010 RY2SS
Wow this thread is something. I just want to say that I couldn't talk my wife out of a stick."squirrel" I have a 87 fiero m5 and its the most aggravating thing to drive. I guess i got spoiled driving the suburban. "squirrel" Anyways, she is way much better of a driver then i am. auto or stick. Apparently I have a condition called ADD where I am easily distracted. "squirrel" I accurately wrecked previous car hence "Jen's Bee" and not "John's bee". I believe its the person not male or female or white or black or squirrel!
Old 04-14-2010, 01:40 PM   #46
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
My girlfriend drives my car better than I do. Seriously.

She also rides motorcycles, and wants a new dirtbike for her engagement present.

She's awesome
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:40 PM   #47
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Only knuckle dragging Neanderthals think only real men drive manuals and have to have a V8... This is 2010 come into the 21st century...Isn't it time you Evolved?
Old 04-14-2010, 01:42 PM   #48
IROC'D
Momma's Happy....

Drives: 2SS,M6,Summit White, gray int
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
1. The absolute best drivers are men.
2. The absolute worst drivers are men.
3. The average man driver is better than the average woman driver.

If that doesn't make sense, think of it as a bell curve distribution. Men will be at the farthest outliers in either direction, but the average man will be a standard deviation higher than the average woman.

Of course this is just my opinion, you're welcome to check the math yourself.

Its all Greek to me. I was a History majory.

2010 2SS Ordered 7/20/09
Delivered 10/1/2009!!!!!
IROC'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #49
balthazar

Drives: Black 2SS/RS w/Ground Effects
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC'D View Post
I'm sorry I didn't realize I was being sexist. I was posing the question to the guys who all say that women can't or shouldn't be allowed to drive stick. I've read quite a few threads on this forum where those exact words have been said and everytime it really irks me as to why any man thinks that just because he's male means that he can drive better than a woman. You taught your daughters to drive a manual good for you. My dad taught me too, it was a great father/daughter bonding experience.
So you don't think it's sexist to say "But my question is why do you think having that extra appendage makes a man a better at driving a manual?"

So just because I'm a man I think I can drive stick and you can't? You aren't doing anything they aren't. and your initial post wasn't posed to "that group". That was a direct quote, anyone with a wang.

Oh and I said I taught two girls, neither of them were my daughter, for legal reasons (among others) I am VERY CERTAIN of that fact.

So I didn't even do it for family, sure one I was sleeping with but the other was just a friend. And she didn't ask, she offered.

Let me save you a lot of trouble and answer your question.

Some people are stupid.

End of story. Stupid people say and think stupid things, like that just because you are x gender you behave in y way (not inferring anything by the use of those letters heh).

But like I said, your response to these stupid people was to basically ask everyone with "an extra appendage" to defend themselves. Which is what a LOT of us did. So how was it any better?
Old 04-14-2010, 01:44 PM   #50
balthazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Only knuckle dragging Neanderthals think only real men drive manuals and have to have a V8... This is 2010 come into the 21st century...Isn't it time you Evolved?
Had to throw the V8 in there huh? Seriously we need to buy you an SS so you can stop braining it up all the time.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #51
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Smith View Post
The wife shifts the camaro better than I do...Peddles are too damn small for my club feet...There I said it...Let the flaming begin.
Try one of these

Last edited by ZED SLED; 10-23-2012 at 06:49 AM.
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #52
balthazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Its not sexist, just an obvious observation. Very obvious. Post a thread 3 weeks from now (when everyone has forgotten about this thread) about a woman/girlfriend/wife driving your M6 and see for yourself the how many responses are overtly sexist. The jerk ratio of replies will be about 4 to 1. Not to mention the inevitable comments comparing the gear shifter to a penis and how its the only thing they can "drive"... its so far beyond lame its sad. But I just shake my head and move on.
So every guy is held to the standard of the vocal tools? Just like every woman is held to the standard of the obvious bad drivers?

No matter how you slice it, the original post may have been intended for everyone, but that wasn't what she said. She said hey guys, why does having an extra appendage make you better at it?

How is that in any way different from the "observations" of bad female drivers? They both lump everyone into the same bucket because they share a gender.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #53
LookingGlass
Future Chevy Owner

Drives: Impatiently waiting!!!
Send a message via Yahoo to LookingGlass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenifers bee View Post
Wow this thread is something. I just want to say that I couldn't talk my wife out of a stick."squirrel" I have a 87 fiero m5 and its the most aggravating thing to drive. I guess i got spoiled driving the suburban. "squirrel" Anyways, she is way much better of a driver then i am. auto or stick. Apparently I have a condition called ADD where I am easily distracted. "squirrel" I accurately wrecked previous car hence "Jen's Bee" and not "John's bee". I believe its the person not male or female or white or black or squirrel!
lol it's so funny you say "Squirrel"! Every time my one friend spots a Camaro she texts me with Squirrel and what color it is
LookingGlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:55 PM   #54
IROC'D
Momma's Happy....

Drives: 2SS,M6,Summit White, gray int
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtrill View Post
I'm right there with you. In fact the ONLY requirement I had when I bought my daughters car when she learned to drive was that it was a manual. She was not happy with me but as I explained to her, there was no way she was going to get stuck somewhere because she couldn't drive a manual car.

I have had several friends who had that exact experience in high school. I saw it as a safety issue more than anything else. I also taught several of the above mentioned friends to drive manual when they asked.

My preference has always been manual.
I totally agree everyone should at least know the basics of driving a manual. I always worry that my daughter is going to get stuck somewhere because she can't drive one. I plan to remedy that this summer by teaching her.

2010 2SS Ordered 7/20/09
Delivered 10/1/2009!!!!!
IROC'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:56 PM   #55
Berean

Drives: Truck
Let's be honest here. The real test of manhood isn't whether you have a 300HP or 400HP engine, it's whether you're man enough to tame the car with an M6.

A 400HP engine with an A6 is about the same as going on a ride at Six Flags.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:58 PM   #56
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazar View Post
Had to throw the V8 in there huh? Seriously we need to buy you an SS so you can stop braining it up all the time.
mainly because the anti automatic anti V6 comments usually go hand in hand.... but i think I posted that in wrong thread... There is another one on here I meant to post it in and got them mixed up.. too many manual transmission threads going on at the same time....
By the way I don't want or need a SS, even if one was given to me, I would probably sell it and get another V6... I think for my type driving an SS would be a waste of money...

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 04-14-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote