Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 09-06-2010, 09:07 AM   #1
BumblB2
BumblB2

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Post Ottawa-Gatineau 5th Gen Camaro Club

To all 5th Gen Camaro fans of the Ottawa-Gatineau area (great, greater area), if you are interested to meet on occasion, regularly or create special events, you may want to join me on the following link:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=189

There are not too many meet and greet events scheduled now that the summer is 'over' but I am pretty sure we could still meet in September, weather permitting and given a few days' notice.

For a first meet and greet, Rideau-Carleton Raceway runs until September 15th. Anyone interested this Wednesdady?

P.S. Si vous desirez devenir membre du club et préférez utiliser le français, svp m'envoyer des messages personnels et je vous répondrai.

Let's get together Ottawa-Gatineau!
BumblB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
BumblB2
BumblB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumblB2 View Post
To all 5th Gen Camaro fans of the Ottawa-Gatineau area (great, greater area), if you are interested to meet on occasion, regularly or create special events, you may want to join me on the following link:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=189

There are not too many meet and greet events scheduled now that the summer is 'over' but I am pretty sure we could still meet in September, weather permitting and given a few days' notice.

For a first meet and greet, Rideau-Carleton Raceway runs until September 15th. Anyone interested this Wednesdady?

P.S. Si vous desirez devenir membre du club et préférez utiliser le français, svp m'envoyer des messages personnels et je vous répondrai.

Let's get together Ottawa-Gatineau!
Thinking about this over while having my usual breakfast at Cora, I thought we could extend the invitation to the Montreal group and call the group OGM (Ottawa-Gatineau-Montreal) 5th Gen Camaro Elite Club. Kingston: would you join the group? Please send me your suggestions, ideas, comments.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Good luck with this Dorothy! Ottawa is not a Camaro city and it's very difficult to get Camaro owners here to commit to any event. I gave up years ago and now just do things with the Montreal - Kingston gang.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
camaro99

Drives: Angry Dorothy II 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Good luck with this Dorothy! Ottawa is not a Camaro city and it's very difficult to get Camaro owners here to commit to any event. I gave up years ago and now just do things with the Montreal - Kingston gang.

FYI
Hawkesbury car club meets on tuesday nights under bridge by the water ...lots of door prizes and is exactly in between Ottawa and Montreal.
camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:11 PM   #5
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
That's right, and it's NEVER a dull moment with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro99 View Post
FYI
Hawkesbury car club meets on tuesday nights under bridge by the water ...lots of door prizes and is exactly in between Ottawa and Montreal.
BUT, is it a 5th gen car club Chris ?
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #6
camaro99

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarorick View Post
That's right, and it's NEVER a dull moment with us

BUT, is it a 5th gen car club Chris ?
It's like the Laval meet.... just smaller and better organised and no admission fee!
I'll find out if we could all meet at the Hawkesbury bridge on a friday or saturday night once or twice a year .
That way Ontario and Quebec will continue to be a tight Canadian Camaro Crew by far!

We could then come back to my place for marshmellows, cookies and milk !
My garage could accomodate quite a few sleepy heads who may want to crash rather than risk one!

Last edited by camaro99; 09-06-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:29 PM   #7
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Like everyone said already is true. But we do not need a CLUB. I think what we are doing is just fine through the Camaro5 Forum by POSTING future events and talking about it before we commit. It's up to us to recruit new members by letting them know about this Site or our future Cruises / Events.
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #8
010 Camaro SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Hey Dorothy...Hope this works out somehow...as for this Wednesday
weather is supposed to be rain again...I'll keep a watch for future
meetings and will try to be there...
010 Camaro SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #9
camaro99

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
Like everyone said already is true. But we do not need a CLUB. I think what we are doing is just fine through the Camaro5 Forum by POSTING future events and talking about it before we commit. It's up to us to recruit new members by letting them know about this Site or our future Cruises / Events.
and furdamo we're not just a car club club.... thanks to the unforeseen and non-ordered option of CAMARO'S unlimited friendships no matter where we go!!

Last edited by camaro99; 09-06-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:43 PM   #10
BumblB2
BumblB2

Quote:
I hear you and totally agree with you. I like the Montreal group too because they are always eager to do all kind of activities. The objective is not to split the members into groups but to give us a visibility among other groups.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:55 PM   #11
BumblB2
BumblB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
You are right Rick. What you and other members are doing is absolutely fine. The point that I would like to share with the group is that when I became a member of Camaro5, I felt I lacked directions. I had to read all the threads to be aware of all the events. Yet, I did not really feel like any "appartenance". I did verify all the social groups and could not find anything under Ottawa, Quebec or Montreal. I felt "isolated" and wished something would be more structured. If all of you would have been regrouped under a social group of any name, it would have just made me feel more at ease and "part of" a group. This is it, just a group identity.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:01 PM   #12
camaro99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumblB2 View Post
You are right Rick. What you and other members are doing is absolutely fine. The point that I would like to share with the group is that when I became a member of Camaro5, I felt I lacked directions. I had to read all the threads to be aware of all the events. Yet, I did not really feel like any "appartenance". I did verify all the social groups and could not find anything under Ottawa, Quebec or Montreal. I felt "isolated" and wished something would be more structured. If all of you would have been regrouped under a social group of any name, it would have just made me feel more at ease and "part of" a group. This is it, just a group identity.
You are now part of zee group but maybe some of the girls have scared you!!
Old 09-06-2010, 07:08 PM   #13
sugar'n'spice

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro99 View Post
You are now part of zee group but maybe some of the girls have scared you!!
Hey Chris....

Dorothy is not scared of us....she is part of us now...
sugar'n'spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #14
BumblB2
BumblB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 010 Camaro SS View Post
Hey Dorothy...Hope this works out somehow...as for this Wednesday
weather is supposed to be rain again...I'll keep a watch for future
meetings and will try to be there...
Thank you! If it does not work for Wednesday (does not look great right now), we could meet and greet on the weekend, either Saturday afternoon or even Sunday. We will keep an eye on the weather reports.