Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-09-2011, 06:37 AM   #29
Dmactampa
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS Black on Black
I've had mustangs all my life. I had 2 GT's in high school that both ran high 10's. I had another LX in college that was a high 9 second car. I really considered a mustand before buying my camaro. But the camaro looke solo good. So I drove both and the camaro has all the quality hands down. The mustang is cramped and cheap inside. The 2LT/RS is comfortable and solid. I couldn't be happier with my choice. Mods will come a's more people let manufacturers know we want parts on these forums. Go with the Camaro!!!
Dmactampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:30 AM   #30
Gramps

Drives: 2011 1LT/RJT/Auto/
I test drove a v6 Stang before I test drove the v6 Camaro. No comparison. The Stang had a really cheap and cramped interior, and no fully adjustable steering column. It also doesn't have that aggressive, bad-ass look to it. It didn't "do it" for me.

Unless you are Mustang only guy, the v6 Camaro is a great buy.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:35 AM   #31
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
My buddy has a new mustang... And I like it. But I dont LOVE it. I love my camaro and wouldn't trade it for anything. I have wanted one since I was a little girl.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #32
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Performance View Post
Its a v6, go for the one you think looks better. If you want performance and mods get the v8. You don't buy a v6 because you want to make it fast, thats not what its all about. It kind of defeats the purpose of the v6. Mods for the Camaro v6 will be out soon enough the platform hasn't been around as long as the mustang and is why there aren't mods for it yet but give it time and the industry will catch up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newagemuscle View Post
If you can't afford an SS and you are looking for performance, go with the Mustang. It is hands down a better performer for several reasons, some of which you have already named. I think both cars look good, but the Camaro has the edge and that was enough for me to make my decision over a stang. You have to be the one to weigh all the options.
And I completely disagree with this. I have a V8 in another vehicle and I still believe that all the V6s I have owned have held their own in performance. I dont need an SS to have good performance and I'm sure as heck not going to drive a mustang.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:01 AM   #33
wlee32

Drives: 2011 2LT Blk/Orange Strip & int
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
And I completely disagree with this. I have a V8 in another vehicle and I still believe that all the V6s I have owned have held their own in performance. I dont need an SS to have good performance and I'm sure as heck not going to drive a mustang.
Haha, can I make a "like" icon for this?
wlee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:04 AM   #34
wlee32

Drives: 2011 2LT Blk/Orange Strip & int
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
I test drove a v6 Stang before I test drove the v6 Camaro. No comparison. The Stang had a really cheap and cramped interior, and no fully adjustable steering column. It also doesn't have that aggressive, bad-ass look to it. It didn't "do it" for me.

Unless you are Mustang only guy, the v6 Camaro is a great buy.
Agreed, I also feel like the console is very spread out. Everything just looks and feels more solid and better in the Camaro.
wlee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:30 AM   #35
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Performance View Post
Its a v6, go for the one you think looks better. If you want performance and mods get the v8. You don't buy a v6 because you want to make it fast, thats not what its all about. It kind of defeats the purpose of the v6. Mods for the Camaro v6 will be out soon enough the platform hasn't been around as long as the mustang and is why there aren't mods for it yet but give it time and the industry will catch up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
Gotta agree with BadgeBunny. This is exactly why there aren't many mods for the V6. Vendors ASSUME people don't mod V6s or want performance if they bought one. This is old think...the world has changed. Take the Nissan GTR, a V6 that will out perform the SS. Number of cylinders matters much less with all the new technology than it did in the 80s. It just takes vendors on forums like this to open their eyes. As an example, this thread. It is in a V6 section where the OP was specifically asking about performance. Many V6 owners with mods have offered good advise. They have developed knowledge about these new LLTs and are sharing. They would all love to mod more, but people like CC Performance can't seem to contribute anything more than "get a V8." Question to you guys, what are you going to do when all there is are DI VVT cars, maybe even V6s as the large displacement option? Go out of business? Doesn't it seem more logical to embrace all the technology out there instead of assuming that there will always be production vehicles with large V8s?

Think about it, you can buy a LS for about $22K and and a STS turbo for $6.5. That yeilds a faster car than the SS with LS3 for less money. Not a bad route to performance.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:58 PM   #36
faninc

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS in SIM
hate the stang tailights-ugly.
faninc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:17 PM   #37
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Gotta agree with BadgeBunny. This is exactly why there aren't many mods for the V6. Vendors ASSUME people don't mod V6s or want performance if they bought one. This is old think...the world has changed. Take the Nissan GTR, a V6 that will out perform the SS. Number of cylinders matters much less with all the new technology than it did in the 80s. It just takes vendors on forums like this to open their eyes. As an example, this thread. It is in a V6 section where the OP was specifically asking about performance. Many V6 owners with mods have offered good advise. They have developed knowledge about these new LLTs and are sharing. They would all love to mod more, but people like CC Performance can't seem to contribute anything more than "get a V8." Question to you guys, what are you going to do when all there is are DI VVT cars, maybe even V6s as the large displacement option? Go out of business? Doesn't it seem more logical to embrace all the technology out there instead of assuming that there will always be production vehicles with large V8s?

Think about it, you can buy a LS for about $22K and and a STS turbo for $6.5. That yeilds a faster car than the SS with LS3 for less money. Not a bad route to performance.
OMG, YES.. finally another person using the GTR as proof that V6 is beast enough. Yeah, tons of V6 twin turbo cars out there who are in their own league. AND, we got 4 bangers just as fast as our V6's as well. (STI, EVO, etc)
Old 02-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #38
CAMAROdrivin'BALLplaya

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Black
Personally, i found myself in the same hole. What helped me make my decision is that i knew everytime i sat in my new camaro i was going to feel great because i loved the styling. I liked the mustangs looks, but no where near the camaro. So for me, i wasnt going to let a fraction of a second to 60 or in the 1/4 mile make up my mind. I love seeing my car, sitting in my car, and especially driving it! And i knew with either car, i was going go lose to my brothers g8 gt. But i look f$!&ing great doing it. Lol
CAMAROdrivin'BALLplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #39
kaveduck
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS V8- IOM
What wheels are you running BlessedChef10?
kaveduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #40
khabboub
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: Sold c7, in the market!
both car are capable of the same things. their numbers are very close.

the camaro is more comfortable.
the mustang is sportier.

i got the camaro because i thought it looked better and it drove better. they mustang was a lot more nimble, but in the end they are still both within the league. just make sure you get the one that you think looks best.
khabboub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:56 PM   #41
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
I use to love running tracks on the weekends and hearing my turbo spool on that little 4 banger and the rain and snow was not a problem either what am I talking about, my old cobb stg 2 subaru WRX. She was not no slouch and probably can take a mustang or a camaro anyday, but 2 babies changed all that for me and I guess you can say that I also got older. All those years later the itch has come back but I have already modded and drove the heck out of euro and japanese cars. I want to get into something a little different this time and what could b better than an all american v8 for that big power that kills almost anything that come across at the track but can I really afford 40-50 right now in this economy? I dont think its practical for me where modding cost $$$. So..the new mustang v6 in the low 20 grand that has great cheap aftermarket support came within my choice and to me is a one serious leader in the price range but I never liked mustangs for some reason until the new model came out. Probably because everybody on every other block had one. The camaro, I always thought it was the best looking car that I seen in a long time but I always thought it was expensive for some reason. So I got to thinking.. am I really in some type of race profession and how fast do I really need to go? in 2011 with 2 babies, probably not that fast.
So today my answer got real simple. Today I drove home a brand new 2011 cyber grey camaro LT1 with the RS package and connectivity convenience pack for $24000.
I am glad I went with the camaro because I think if I would of got the mustang I defenitely would have had regrets. I been there and done it with the go fast money draining mods so I dont think I will miss it too much but hopefully there will b more support in the future for the camaro. I guess for now I ill b staying on camaro5.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:21 AM   #42
esfkotaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6, Black with CGM
Congrats, and welcome!

Coming soon (end of summer, hopefully):
JBA Shorties :: Hurst or MTI Shifter (undecided)
New 20" Wheels (undecided) :: Fogs :: GFX :: CF Heat Extractor hood :: Painted-On CGM Stripes :: G-2 Painted Calipers :: Painted Bowties
esfkotaro is offline   Reply With Quote