Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 10-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #15
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
according to tirerack a set of Pirelli scorpion's in stock sizes is gonna be $1,100. is that what you guys paid? seems like a lot of money for a set of tires im only gonna use for 3-4 months.
They are expensive. It was explained to me that they are better snow tires than the Blizzaks- in other words, better in actual snow conditions. The Blizzaks are 'winter performance'.

You are going to use them four months...per year.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #16
stmbtwilli

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS
Last year I paid $672 for 19" Blizzaks and got a $50 gift card.
Having used these tires last winter I can tell you that they are spectacular
in the cold and snow. They are a softer compound, as are all winter tires, so
you have to get used to the feel of them. They make my car the best vehicle I've ever driven in snow in the last 50 plus years. Yes that is better than any all wheel or 4 wheel drive and I live in the "lake effect" capital of the country.
There is no such thing as winter performance because once it gets cold the only thing you are concerned with is getting from a to b and not how quickly you can get away from a stoplight or messing with the guy in the next lane.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #17
Vuron00

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT
When I bought my '10, I bought a cheap set of 18" rims and snow tires from tire rack. I just picked up my '14 over the weekend, but kept the spare rims.

Just go to tire rack and buy a cheap set of decent looking rims and whatever snow tires that you can afford based on the weather conditions in your area. You can get 18, 19, or 20 and nothing has to be modified on your car. The rim + tire diameters should be the same as stock.

It's just a matter of swapping wheels when the weather gets cold. It saves your good rims from the salt and weather, saves miles on your good tires, and makes it super quick to change.
Vuron00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #18
Rudy@Tirerack

Drives: 1-800-428-8355 X4664
We have a good selection of options please give me a call if I can help with anything.
Rudy@Tirerack is offline   Reply With Quote