Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-15-2013, 03:34 AM   #15
ale91613

Drives: 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by REBOURN View Post
I just had my exhaust done today and all I did was remove the ugly mufflers and put in a pipe bend to match up to my exhaust ports on the rear and reweld my original tips back on it sounds great not to loud and no drone sounds can still listen to the radio at level 15 with no problem and it's a cheap fix about 150.00
Thats what im doing... u have ls3 or l99??

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
ale91613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:29 AM   #16
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by daphatgrant View Post
What I am looking to do is beef up the sound of the car (SS2 R/S wM6S). Like I said I am trying to learn as much as possible, from what I can gather I think I want the Borla axle back s-type. Does adding a X-pipe change the sound enough to merit installing it? Or if all I am looking is a more aggressive sound should I just stick with the axle back and call it a day. I am not looking for a performance increase, and am not looking to do anything that would require it to be retuned.
Do you have stock manifolds and cats or headers?

Any changes from the cat back will not require a tune/re-tune.

If you change out the stock resonator, you will change the sound. The amount of sound change from adding any kind of pipe is completely subjective. "Enough" for you may not be "enough" for me and vice-versa.

A stock muffler delete will increase volume but not change the tone. An aftermarket muffler will change the tone and soften the volume depending on what you have installed in front of it.