Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-15-2020, 12:59 PM   #71
Risingson05

Drives: 2015 zl1
I can understand discipline lol .. I bought. 2015 last weekend with only 18k miles only got to drive it home to put it to bed ,couldn’t even activate boost !! Nothing sucks more than walking by it everyday ..
Risingson05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:37 PM   #72
Bigtime53

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risingson05 View Post
I can understand discipline lol .. I bought. 2015 last weekend with only 18k miles only got to drive it home to put it to bed ,couldn’t even activate boost !! Nothing sucks more than walking by it everyday ..
Now your really going to have fun when it warms up,or does it ever warm up there? If and when it does how many months a year is it warm enough to enjoy your car?
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:54 PM   #73
Risingson05

Drives: 2015 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
Now your really going to have fun when it warms up,or does it ever warm up there? If and when it does how many months a year is it warm enough to enjoy your car?
Haha yeah I’m on the threshold of time wise if I tear into the motor I won’t have it done in time to be able to enjoy the whole summer ..

On average we can get 6month if solid driving in before snow hits but lately we’ve been having weird weather changes where our winters seem to be getting shorter .
Risingson05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 10:38 AM   #74
BriteCrawler

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Bought it new in 2014. 100K mile club
Old 01-16-2020, 05:21 PM   #75
Bigtime53

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriteCrawler View Post
Bought it new in 2014. 100K mile club

I am amazed that some are putting the miles on these cars. Glad to see it.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:43 PM   #76
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Another old guy here.. when I retire I'm moving to AZ and then I can drive it year round anytime I want. The roads there are great and there is a scenic highway between Flagstaff and Sedona the locals call "the switchbacks" that is one of my favorite driving roads besides Pacific Coast Highway in CA which is well within long cruise driving distance from AZ. I'm going to visit AZ next month and rent a 6th Gen SS again.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 05:44 AM   #77
Brutale arancia

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
Another old guy here.. when I retire I'm moving to AZ and then I can drive it year round anytime I want. The roads there are great and there is a scenic highway between Flagstaff and Sedona the locals call "the switchbacks" that is one of my favorite driving roads besides Pacific Coast Highway in CA which is well within long cruise driving distance from AZ. I'm going to visit AZ next month and rent a 6th Gen SS again.
I've ridden many a mile on two wheels there. Slide Rock is a great place to take a break. You should do Oatman Road between Kingman and Golden Valley. One of the few remaining sections of the original Route 66. 13 miles of very tight turns then about 30 more miles of opportunity to open her up with sweepers. Very lightly traveled during the week, few residences and no cops. It more primitive with less room for error though. Quite thrilling if you like the risk factor. The sixth turn after the copper mine is always slippery for a few days after a rain storm.
Brutale arancia is offline   Reply With Quote