Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-25-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Flat Bottom Steering wheel from DSV! Just out

Quote:
This is the first DStyle Premium Steering Wheel manufactured for the Camaro. This steering wheel was done up incorporating a flat bottom and the hand grips. The colors that were used were ebony solid top, inferno orange sides, perforated ebony bottom. This particular design is very similar to what we have been doing with the C6 Corvette wheel. We made the decision to start producing this Premium style wheel to add to our ever expanding line of products. This wheel like all of our other items will be hand crafted and finished to the same high standards you have come to expect from us. From the premium automobile leathers that we use down to the high quality German thread, only the finest materials will be used for these wheels.

Please keep in mind that we stock the finest and most extensive selection of matching leather color for your interiors, that way you can build your wheel exactly the way you want it. Add to this the fact that you can choose from multiple stitching stiles and the possibilities are practically endless. We are also working on the REAL carbon fiber version of the wheel. If you have a plastic steering wheel and want to upgrade to this particular style of wheel, no problem, eighter send it to us to have it worked, or we can gladly do it on a core exchange basis. We have automatic and manual transmission steering wheels in stock to start working on them right away.

Stay tuned next week for all the different options that we are having on steering wheels. We are configuring several designs. This particular wheel that we pictured today, started as a stock plastic SW. As always we try to take close up pictures so you can see the attention to detail and our stitching up close. Your invaluable input and comments are welcome so you can help us to continue to improve our products.
Take a look and if you have any constructive feedback let us know. We love to hear what you have to say. Who knows, you might be driving and using something that you help design!!!

Here are a few of leather colors and stitching that we have in stock. We don't have similar colors; we have exact match to the stock interiors:

Real Carbon Fiber
Hydrocarbon
Leathers:
Ebony
Perforated Ebony
Black
Inferno Orange
Victory Red
Tan
Perforated Tan
Gray
Perforated Gray
Aquablue
Rally Yellow
Imperial Blue
Red Jewel
Black Alcantara
Perforated Black Alcantara
Orange Alcantara
Carbon Fiber Leather
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:17 PM   #2
Captain McFunk
Break Necks, Cash Checks

Drives: 2010 black Camaro 2SS/RS
its very cool, but I have a sneaking suspicion its going to be extremely expensive, as all steering wheels that are decent are.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:20 PM   #3
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
it's ...... it's ...... it's soooooo pretty.

I want to touch it but my hands are dirty.

Soooo if hypothetically a C5 member wanted one of these, but hypothetically was a student and doesn't have as much money to spend on his car as he would like, and hypothetically would be more than happy to do a DIY install thread . . . . .
Old 06-25-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
The Stig

OK now that I'm done drooling and have cleaned myself off. First want to say just well done. Really, the flat bottom is such a tiny change to the SW but becomes infinitely more appealing aesthetically. On the leather choice, why did you go with perforated for the inside of the wheel? Does it serve a practical purpose, help vent sweat maybe? I just ask because when looking at it up close the perforations draw the eye. Making you focus on that one section of the wheel and overlooking its beauty as a whole. Example, you go on a date with a girl, drop dead gorgeous (38 28 38), but she has this little mole right at the bottom center of her neck. The whole night you keep getting drawn to that mole because it is this one tiny difference in what is perfection.

Then again, if you like the perforated leather that's cool to. This is just IMHO
Old 06-25-2010, 06:33 PM   #5
DocHolliday

Drives: '14 Blade Silver Z51
Looks great! How hard is it for the leyman to R&R the steering wheel and do you have pictures of it installed in a car? Great work!
Old 06-25-2010, 06:37 PM   #6
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain McFunk View Post
its very cool, but I have a sneaking suspicion its going to be extremely expensive, as all steering wheels that are decent are.
Nope, not at all!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 06:41 PM   #7
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Looks great! How hard is it for the leyman to R&R the steering wheel and do you have pictures of it installed in a car? Great work!
Any dealership can change your wheel for around 70 dollars.

We will be installing one very soon...

There are a few more designs coming out..We just went with this leather setup. There is a lot more to COME
Old 06-25-2010, 07:46 PM   #8
mcotton

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Did I miss the price?
Old 06-25-2010, 07:52 PM   #9
The Stig

He didn't announce it. It's more of like a trust Idpowr and you'll get a great deal
Old 06-25-2010, 07:54 PM   #10
mcotton

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I just went to there site and fell in love with to many parts. I could spend $1,000's easily at their site

:t humbup::thum bsup::thumbu p:
Old 06-25-2010, 07:59 PM   #11
The Stig

I'm trying to save up and just do a bulk order. The CF is so pretty.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:59 PM   #12
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcotton View Post
I just went to there site and fell in love with to many parts. I could spend $1,000's easily at their site

:t humbup::thum bsup::thumbu p:
Trust me I know....LOL We have...LOL
Old 06-25-2010, 10:25 PM   #13
gtbaldini

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey 2SS/RS LS3
Are you going to incorporate the blue tooth and radio controls on the right side?
gtbaldini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:47 PM   #14
Mike2ss
Airborne Pathfinder

Drives: Camaro ZL575
that looks nice, what about the radio controls?